Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So do you get the mats for Masterworking in the new game mode?

I want to like this game but grinding the Glyph Exp to 15 is so boring so I end up quitting all the time.

Chris

Potato del Grande
So do you get the mats for Masterworking in the new game mode?

I want to like this game but grinding the Glyph Exp to 15 is so boring so I end up quitting all the time.
Yeah Tier 5 in the new mode is 20 of the middle material per 20 Aether, I normally get about 160 per run but you can get about 220 if you spend all the aether on it.

Makes 4/12 trivial and 8/12 on an item takes 1-2 runs.

Tier 6 was 23 so not a huge increase, so going back to The Pit for the last material for 12/12.

It is boring as all fuck. Took me less than an hour for like 6 glyphs?
You can do Nightmare Dungeons from lv60-lv90 as long as you can clear the mid tier ones, lv100 enemies drop max level gear. That should gear you up and get the glyphs done.

Otherwise wait until you can do max tier ones and get the glyphs done in a few runs.

Aazrael

Finally got my last Aspect I needed on the Necro, so I got a lot more Defense. Could up the NM tiers quite a lot and got my Glyphs to 15.

Tier 3 is easy mode in the new mode but tried a Tier 4 and got wrecked pretty fast. Only lvl 95 or something and not Mastercrafted anything yet.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Did they add new things that are actually fun? Seems like a lot of people are enjoying the season, but I didn't keep an eye on the patch notes for this one.

Aazrael

Did they add new things that are actually fun? Seems like a lot of people are enjoying the season, but I didn't keep an eye on the patch notes for this one.
Its basically more of the same for me. I feel theres something missing in this game. I think it might be better than D3 now but it needs more stuff to aim for. Its an okay game but kinda bland.

Im get easily bored now though. The moment I notice the grind I quit. Its the same in PoE, First Descendant and MMOs etc.

I much rather just play story games now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just killed Uber Lillith for the first time! Rapid Fire seems like the best Rogue build as I've tried a few builds on her so far.

There is a game mode where you have 1 minute waves of enemies and events in a small arena, at the end of each wave there are three choices of how to make it harder for more reward. You fight The Council from Diablo 2 at the end as bosses.

It has very high mod density if you do it right, gets hectic. There are 8 tiers of difficulty each with more waves, I'd say that Tier 6 is as hard as the Uber bosses as that's what I'm clearing right now.

It feels like a Baal Run imo.

You can choose gear/materials/gold as reward depending on how well you did, focusing on one or mixing them up. So it makes the farming much better as it's a replacement for Helltide/Pit/Whisper if you want a change.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Seems pretty bland. They also brought back instadeath for whatever reason. I was running through a Helltide and got murdered by something off screen. WTF. Uninstalled right there.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Its basically more of the same for me. I feel theres something missing in this game.
Usual story of the loot being completely bland and uninspiring. Character play style not really changing once you get a full bar is does not compel one to play very seriously.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Just killed Uber Lillith for the first time! Rapid Fire seems like the best Rogue build as I've tried a few builds on her so far.

There is a game mode where you have 1 minute waves of enemies and events in a small arena, at the end of each wave there are three choices of how to make it harder for more reward. You fight The Council from Diablo 2 at the end as bosses.

It has very high mod density if you do it right, gets hectic. There are 8 tiers of difficulty each with more waves, I'd say that Tier 6 is as hard as the Uber bosses as that's what I'm clearing right now.

It feels like a Baal Run imo.

You can choose gear/materials/gold as reward depending on how well you did, focusing on one or mixing them up. So it makes the farming much better as it's a replacement for Helltide/Pit/Whisper if you want a change.
Congrats on UL! I ended up really enjoying the fight once I got the first phase down, but P2 could be a little less RNG dependant with the one-shot skulls especially at the very end.

Still felt great getting it done though!

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Usual story of the loot being completely bland and uninspiring. Character play style not really changing once you get a full bar is does not compel one to play very seriously.
I think the loot is in a better place than PoE's right now, though it's much narrower in scope. I've been alternating between both.

D4: Loot generally drops with a limited range of basic broad use stats, you can fix one bad stat by enchanting and add two more interesting stats by tempering with a fair range of randomisation. Then your god items come from greater affixes and those stats you chose being randomly boosted when you masterwork.

Right now I'm looking for greater affixes, a good amulet since those have a big range of possible stats and grinding out masterwork materials. I have three Mythic Uniques.

You can figure things out yourself and I'm even diverging from the meta builds to use what works for me.

PoE: There is shit covering the screen even with a filter, then you sift through items with loads of trash stats, it's not obvious what can have new stats added on through crafting. The bases needed for god items hardly ever drop. Crafting guides all have many steps with uncertain outcomes.

Right now I need something really simple, energy sheild armour with intelligence on it. It's such a fucking chore to sift through loot for bases and/or reroll an item loads of times with Chaos Orbs or whatever. Chase uniques are probably not going to drop for a regular player.

Ask for any guidence and someone will be condescending even though you are in T16 maps like they are and just need a boost for the final bosses. Oh and the most valuble item in the game duplicates items, which proves how bad the crafting is.

Now I'm a huge PoE fan and the gameplay is much broader and deeper with different types of builds and players. But I'm enjoying D4 more this week, it's finally better than D3 and DI.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Congrats on UL! I ended up really enjoying the fight once I got the first phase down, but P2 could be a little less RNG dependant with the one-shot skulls especially at the very end.

Still felt great getting it done though!
Thanks!

I just got to the point where my DPS could push her to phase transitions very quickly. So I played a decent amount of Phase 1, but Phase 2 she was locked into the three platform destroying transitions the entire time.

Went and did Uber Duriel and Andariel a few times after which were much easier and got me some Mythic Uniques.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Thanks!

I just got to the point where my DPS could push her to phase transitions very quickly. So I played a decent amount of Phase 1, but Phase 2 she was locked into the three platform destroying transitions the entire time.

Went and did Uber Duriel and Andariel a few times after which were much easier and got me some Mythic Uniques.
Yeah my first kill was essentially a cheese build, but when I first did it as a rogue I didn't have the same crazy damage so it took a decent amount of tries.

Still have no clue why they don't let her keep dropping loot, either. (Unless they changed that?)

Pretty sure I posted it before but here it is. Was S2 so I did have the unstoppable-on-dash rune or whatever it was. Still happy I got her though!

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
don't know why would need a merc

If they steal from POE / LE for some endgame content and just put their own twist on it, I'd be back for sure.

Game seems solid just gets boring too quick for me to imvest the time.....I keep checking back because I WANT to play it again.

Still have no idea how people like Raxx / Wudi / Rob continue to play it for weeks at a time.

Daidraco

finally adding some in game social features

Still low effort as fuck. I mean, it could be worse. First Descendent doesnt even have a fucking guild feature. I just dont understand how these companies cannot connect the dots. You're selling fucking microtransaction cosmetic items, right? Right. So why in the fuck wouldnt you want to push people into being more social so they can show off their shiny new cash shop items? In League of Legends, I almost religiously played with friends at one point and I wanted to have a skin for each character I played. Now that really no one I know plays it anymore, if I do play - I dont even care.

The guild should at the very least have WoW levels of functionality. Party Finder has always been a fucking crap shoot with Blizzard, though. They made the best one back in what.. Burning Crusade? WOTLK? Then abandoned the idea and gave us a worse version multiple times over.

I want to like the stuff theyre putting out, but it all just seems so underwhelming.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Still low effort as fuck. I mean, it could be worse. First Descendent doesnt even have a fucking guild feature. I just dont understand how these companies cannot connect the dots. You're selling fucking microtransaction cosmetic items, right? Right. So why in the fuck wouldnt you want to push people into being more social so they can show off their shiny new cash shop items? In League of Legends, I almost religiously played with friends at one point and I wanted to have a skin for each character I played. Now that really no one I know plays it anymore, if I do play - I dont even care.

The guild should at the very least have WoW levels of functionality. Party Finder has always been a fucking crap shoot with Blizzard, though. They made the best one back in what.. Burning Crusade? WOTLK? Then abandoned the idea and gave us a worse version multiple times over.

I want to like the stuff theyre putting out, but it all just seems so underwhelming.
No clue why in FUCK they make me log in to watch their shitty video.

86 days until early access of POEII.