Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chris

Potato del Grande
Story is absolutely terrible. It ends exactly where it started except they backtracked the fates of the two girlbosses.

The whole thing reeks of half the expansion being cut in development.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

The Wokest
<Prior Amod>
Story is absolutely terrible. It ends exactly where it started except they backtracked the fates of the two girlbosses.

The whole thing reeks of half the expansion being cut in development.

A fool and his money

Shocked Futurama GIF

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Lot of fun builds with the new class and lots of QOL changes and end game content. If anyone needs a boost to 60 feel free to hit me up @ janx#1578

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A friend really wanted me to play with him and it seemed the game was okay after all after watching some videos.

The Spirit Born is really fun to play, probably OP but I hope they buff the other classes to this level as well. I like the skills and you are quite mobile, never really liked the Rogue so this feels like a more fun melee class.

The progression in difficulty is way better and feels more natural. You slowly get more powerful from gear and paragons and work your way up to torments and beyond. I'm at Torment III right now but would not survive IV at all I think. Ancestral gear being more rare and always get a greater affix is nice as well. Took me quite a while to upgrade my stuff to ancestral and I still have a normal unique ring that needs upgrading.

Pushing the pit for Glyph upgrading also feels way better than doing annoying NM dungeons.

Basically the game has gone back to D3 mechanics and is pretty much what D3 could have been had they not dropped the support for it and let it slowly die.

I find it really fun to play but I am no no-lifer. So once I crank out some more upgrades I will probably be done for a while, just like how I play PoE.

The MSQ started strong but just fizzeled into nothing, basically felt like nothing was achieved. They failed really bad on that point. But like most Blizzard games the stories are pretty bad now.

Worth $39? Eh I don't think so, this should have been Diablo 4 1.0. But if you have nothing else to play it's worth it for some fun ARPG hack and slash.

Fucker

Log Wizard
A friend really wanted me to play with him and it seemed the game was okay after all after watching some videos.

The Spirit Born is really fun to play, probably OP but I hope they buff the other classes to this level as well. I like the skills and you are quite mobile, never really liked the Rogue so this feels like a more fun melee class.

The progression in difficulty is way better and feels more natural. You slowly get more powerful from gear and paragons and work your way up to torments and beyond. I'm at Torment III right now but would not survive IV at all I think. Ancestral gear being more rare and always get a greater affix is nice as well. Took me quite a while to upgrade my stuff to ancestral and I still have a normal unique ring that needs upgrading.

Pushing the pit for Glyph upgrading also feels way better than doing annoying NM dungeons.

Basically the game has gone back to D3 mechanics and is pretty much what D3 could have been had they not dropped the support for it and let it slowly die.

I find it really fun to play but I am no no-lifer. So once I crank out some more upgrades I will probably be done for a while, just like how I play PoE.

The MSQ started strong but just fizzeled into nothing, basically felt like nothing was achieved. They failed really bad on that point. But like most Blizzard games the stories are pretty bad now.

Worth $39? Eh I don't think so, this should have been Diablo 4 1.0. But if you have nothing else to play it's worth it for some fun ARPG hack and slash.
Yeah, pretty much. Nothing to really whine about with this update. Their design idea for Spiritborn was to make it a mobile artillery shrine on roller skates. Paragon for the class also pretty well sorted. Gear works pretty well too.

Jumps between torments are pretty big, but nothing untoward.

The pit and undercity are good. Speed run them both in just minutes. Glyph upgrades come quick and easy.

Neyrelle needs Pepto...she has a really bad case of indigestion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are there really no Flayers in the Flayer Jungle? That's almost as bad as not fighting Mephisto in the Mephisto expansion.

They also managed to have no river when that defined Act 3 of Diablo 2, though I haven't explored the whole map yet.

• 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are there really no Flayers in the Flayer Jungle? That's almost as bad as not fighting Mephisto in the Mephisto expansion.

They also managed to have no river when that defined Act 3 of Diablo 2, though I haven't explored the whole map yet.
fuck that river though

• 1Solidarity

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
fuck that river though
Yea that act is the one I hated the most, stupid pygmies running away and the stupid river maze.

Going into the Durance of Hate in D4 was pretty cool though, seeing the inactive Hell Gate. Just wish they did something cooler with the whole Mephisto stuff than ending on a cliffhanger.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That'll be another 100 dollars for the real Mephisto expansion. Just wait, there's more!

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yea that act is the one I hated the most, stupid pygmies running away and the stupid river maze.

Going into the Durance of Hate in D4 was pretty cool though, seeing the inactive Hell Gate. Just wish they did something cooler with the whole Mephisto stuff than ending on a cliffhanger.
There were exactly two cool things in the expansion, seeing The Gidbin sheilding Kurast Docks and Durance of Hate Level 3 with the hell portal.

It was weird how small Kurast and Travincal are compared to Diablo 2 and the giant river and fetish people are gone. Especially when they got Alcarnus and Caldeum from Diablo 3 right.

They do have the art assets for all the Kurast stuff and there are some really D2 feeling areas in the surrounding dungeons... half the zone should have been the city instead of it being more of the same.

Also... so they mention Witch Doctors anywhere? This is where they should be from.

It's half baked.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
There were exactly two cool things in the expansion, seeing The Gidbin sheilding Kurast Docks and Durance of Hate Level 3 with the hell portal.

It was weird how small Kurast and Travincal are compared to Diablo 2 and the giant river and fetish people are gone. Especially when they got Alcarnus and Caldeum from Diablo 3 right.

They do have the art assets for all the Kurast stuff and there are some really D2 feeling areas in the surrounding dungeons... half the zone should have been the city instead of it being more of the same.

Also... so they mention Witch Doctors anywhere? This is where they should be from.

It's half baked.
Witch Doctors?
racist wonder showzen GIF

Murderous Aztecs, though? Totally fine. I keep waiting for my guy to call someone a colonizer.

Still not done with campaign but its completely color-by-numbers mid. I can't stand Neyelle and can't remember why we are on a crusade(oops) to save her. I wouldn't be surprised if it was mostly generated by AI.

Give me a reformed Burning Paladin, though, that would be a great class. I told all of my friends that if you want to play SpiritBorn, Launch expansion is when the class is going to be the most OP. Going to be nerfed/"Balanced" in future seasons. Quill Volley Spiritborn is fun; every class should be this fun and have this kind of variety of builds.

Stop making good guys bad and bad guys good. We see the Narrative now. It stopped being edgy 20+ years ago. It's so played out and tired.

Between DEI and Political Correctness, all of the writing/story/narrative talent has been drained out of California/US.

Edit: There are also a ton of things they have done right: Mercs are good, lots of different things to do, Dungeons are way better, as always moment to moment gameplay is excellent. I think they leveling and paragon rebalance will be an improvement, they fixed tempering I hear, etc.

So some genuine good amongst my complaints about creative bankruptcy and modernity.

Last edited:

Mist

REEEEeyore
<Gold Donor>
I can't believe they made a class that's just ridiculously better than all the existing classes.

Oh wait yes I totally can.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I can't believe they made a class that's just ridiculously better than all the existing classes.

They are going to nerf it to oblivion once sales slow down.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider

The whole game right now is completely, utterly broken from a balance standpoint.

Rogues - the class I absolutely hated in vanilla Diablo 4 - are almost as busted as Spiritborn. The new Rogue skill, Dance of Knives, is like the Barbarian's Whirlwind - only it hits the entire screen, can be imbued with Rogue shadow/poisons and all the associated effects, doesn't require energy management, needs only a single aspect to start working, and scales off of movement speed to become permanent. I'm just sitting here, drinking a coffee with one hand, idly holding down my spin-to-win button with the other, and blasting through Torment 2 with a character that's only a few hours old.

Things like that make me think Vessel of Hatred is a panic response from the first year of Diablo 4. Everything they could easily change or add, Blizzard did. The story - tied as it is to the intricate, beautifully rendered Blizzard cutscenes - is still total dogshit, but almost everything else feels like they are desperate to give players whatever they might want to save the game (and their jobs).

Even the character designs of the Spiritborn feel like a step back from Diablo 4. "Oh, you don't want your character to look like a dysgenic freak? You'd like to play as a handsome, muscular man or attractive, healthy woman? Okay - here's this new, insanely powerful class where the base character models are good looking and wear flattering, cool outfits without paying real-world money in the in-game shop. Now please stop making memes about our fat female Druids."

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

REEEEeyore
<Gold Donor>
The whole game right now is completely, utterly broken from a balance standpoint.

Rogues - the class I absolutely hated in vanilla Diablo 4 - are almost as busted as Spiritborn. The new Rogue skill, Dance of Knives, is like the Barbarian's Whirlwind - only it hits the entire screen, can be imbued with Rogue shadow/poisons and all the associated effects, doesn't require energy management, needs only a single aspect to start working, and scales off of movement speed to become permanent. I'm just sitting here, drinking a coffee with one hand, idly holding down my spin-to-win button with the other, and blasting through Torment 2 with a character that's only a few hours old.
okay this sounds like at least a few minutes of fun

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

Things like that make me think Vessel of Hatred is a panic response from the first year of Diablo 4. Everything they could easily change or add, Blizzard did. The story - tied as it is to the intricate, beautifully rendered Blizzard cutscenes - is still total dogshit, but almost everything else feels like they are desperate to give players whatever they might want to save the game (and their jobs).

Even the character designs of the Spiritborn feel like a step back from Diablo 4. "Oh, you don't want your character to look like a dysgenic freak? You'd like to play as a handsome, muscular man or attractive, healthy woman? Okay - here's this new, insanely powerful class where the base character models are good looking and wear flattering, cool outfits without paying real-world money in the in-game shop. Now please stop making memes about our fat female Druids."
Lol