Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I have pretty much no cosmetics, but here's my half-assed attempt at Kratos.

Screenshot 2024-10-13 232126.png

Gordon Ramsay Drinking GIF by First We Feast

• 12Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got my build up and running with all the items and rune words just as I finished the battle pass and Paragon level 190.

So now I'm at the point of just getting the same items with maybe a higher number.

Thats when I start losing interest. Its the same in all games for me. I just dont have the autism to spend time to the same thing a little faster.

Will play a few days more to just see what maxing Glyphs will do to the build but I feel pretty much done unless I start a new character.

Progression feels nice and the Dark Citadel was really fun, at least the first run. Did it on Torment 3 and the hard part was learning new mechanics without a guide.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Got my build up and running with all the items and rune words just as I finished the battle pass and Paragon level 190.

So now I'm at the point of just getting the same items with maybe a higher number.

Thats when I start losing interest. Its the same in all games for me. I just dont have the autism to spend time to the same thing a little faster.

Will play a few days more to just see what maxing Glyphs will do to the build but I feel pretty much done unless I start a new character.

Progression feels nice and the Dark Citadel was really fun, at least the first run. Did it on Torment 3 and the hard part was learning new mechanics without a guide.
I struggle when my glyphs are all 46 and I have to do Pit over Pit run to get them to 100 just for some %

Pit runs are even more boring than nightmare dungeons for glyph leveling. Fight me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I struggle when my glyphs are all 46 and I have to do Pit over Pit run to get them to 100 just for some %

Pit runs are even more boring than nightmare dungeons for glyph leveling. Fight me.
Nightmare Dungeons have more variety, no idea why they changed it.

Endgame was in a good place. They made max ilevel legendary gearing much quicker and everything else much slower. It's weird.

I like the undercity mode but that's about it, they managed to make the game worse.

Aazrael

I'll fisticuff you over that for a few seconds!

While the pit might be boring I found the NMs annoying as hell so I dont miss them at all. But the pit is no peak gaming for sure.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I'll fisticuff you over that for a few seconds!

While the pit might be boring I found the NMs annoying as hell so I dont miss them at all. But the pit is no peak gaming for sure.
Yeah, you are right. However they unsuck a lot of the dungeons by removing the second "drag stones", "kill all enemies", "find the key", "collect juice for the pot" objective so most of the dungeons play way better/faster than before.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

So I finally feel like I'm done. Been farming Pit 85 for a bit to level up the Glyphs to 80. Killed all bosses solo at T4 and did the Dark Citadel at T3.

I just don't see how people can continue to grind after hitting this point.

Back to some Pheonix Wright lawsuits while waiting for information about the PoE2 Early Access.

Peak gameplay right here, my guy is somewhere in that mess.

Skärmbild 2024-10-14 182408.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The true endgame of any ARPG is removing the need to see the screen. In keeping to Blizzard's recent form, instead of doing it the real way via out of control particle effects and cosmetic MTX, they took a lazy shortcut via damage numbers.

More seriously: Occam's Razor says they're there because D3 had it and not a single thought more was paid it.

Even more seriously: you can't turn that off? Perhaps unsurprising if the answer is no. PoE has badly needed a setting that simply draws fewer particle effects the more there are on the screen at once.

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Killed Urivar, no quest progression? The start of sub quest to get to killing Urivar icon still showing up on map but the text is greyed out (it already done). Usually new gold icon for main questline shows up via progression, but not in this case. Guess i have to waste Urivar again?

Edit: nevermind, probably had a minimum requirement of 51, but did it at around 47ish, quest now progressing after I re-killed Urivar.

Last edited:

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Quest "All good things" at door where green ghostly things come up, was insta killed, full life to dead in 0.1 second.....

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
This is the "Ice Cream for DInner" problem.

Imagine your nephews/cousins/etc. from out-of-state come over and you serve them ice cream for dinner. You can get away with it one time and be fun and wacky - there's a sense we're all doing something silly that we know isn't a good idea, but it's a special occasion, it's almost Halloween, etc.

If you serve the kids ice cream for dinner every single day for a week, you have a real problem. You knew you had young guests coming and you clearly didn't plan for a responsible meal for those kids.

Even worse is saying to the kids after a week of ice cream dinners (and an emergency trip to the dentist): "Hey kids, it turns out there was a major issue with the broccoli I've been serving you for dinner. A technical glitch turned that broccoli into delicious, cavity-causing Chocolate Double-Ripple Fudge ice cream. We've fixed the glitch and will now be eating more broccoli as intended."

Blizzard knew the Eagle Evade build was incredibly broken before VoH even launched, but they let everyone have ice cream for dinner for a week because Diablo 4 has been so shitty for so long that they're desperate. Desperate for money, desperate for players, desperate for engagement metrics to demonstrate quarterly shareholder value blah blah blah. Well, my inner 10-year-old doesn't feel like eating broccoli after a week of ice cream. My tummy hurts and I don't really wanna spend any more time with weird Uncle Diablo 4 Vessel of Hatred. I'm gonna go lie down instead.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users