Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Their problem is that the core of the game is still broken, and they don't have either the ability or desire to fix it.

Last week, the big LOL was SB hitting for 1 trillion damage. This week? 100 trillion. You can take any gear and hit 1 trillion damage with a new L60 character. ARPG's revolve around loot, and once again, loot is completely irrelevant unless you are hunting for more broken mechanics. Hell, their laughably named Season of Loot was also a joke. People were beating end game bosses with blue and yellow vendor loot.

They had a chance to fix it with the expansion, but lazy, I guess. They aren't concerned that POE2 is going to release soon and oblivious to the fact that no one will be playing D4 after that.
I'd love to hear some of Blizzard's unfiltered thoughts on PoE and PoE2. Considering D4's box sales, they shouldn't consider other ARPGs as competition. Other ways to casually and brainlessly game for 30m to 1h is their competition. This might speak to your assertion that they don't have the desire to fix it.

I expect PoE2's launch will make a discernable but still meaningless difference in D4's active player count.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'd love to hear some of Blizzard's unfiltered thoughts on PoE and PoE2. Considering D4's box sales, they shouldn't consider other ARPGs as competition. Other ways to casually and brainlessly game for 30m to 1h is their competition. This might speak to your assertion that they don't have the desire to fix it.

I expect PoE2's launch will make a discernable but still meaningless difference in D4's active player count.
These people don't play ARPGs, they don't know what PoE is, we have seen the dungeon designers play a dungeon remember lol.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"TRILLIONS OF DAMAGE!!!!11one!!!"

Fucking aids Youtube people. With over the top thumbnails.

Not sure why you even spend time building those, all content explode in 1 seconds for me and my build is wastly inferior. T4 Duriel died in half a second. Why would I even feel the need to improve from there?

I got 70 hours out the expansion so for $39 I guess it was worth it.

But the game has the same problem as before, what to do after you kill the hardest boss in 1 seconds? Thats right, you go back to PoE or whatever other game you currently play.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande

Not sure why you even spend time building those, all content explode in 1 seconds for me and my build is wastly inferior. T4 Duriel died in half a second. Why would I even feel the need to improve from there?

But the game has the same problem as before, what to do after you kill the hardest boss in 1 seconds? Thats right, you go back to PoE or whatever other game you currently play.
Which build is that?

Aazrael

Any of the Spirit Borne builds get hyped. They all use some bugs to scale damage. Right now its some overpower build.

I only used the Quill build and it clear pit 100 and one shots T4 Bosses in 1 seconds.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard

I think the streamers are doing it for the LOLS.

I've been brokenrecor-ding about broken math since the first public test.

They have taken the base damage formulas from D3 and Frankensteined their own shit on top to give the game "depth". Damage to close, damage to near, paragon nodes that further modify base, secondary, tertiary and who knows_X values.

Instead of scrapping the old formulas, they tacked on their own shit AND so many things don't do what it says on the fucking tin. They've got things so royally fucked up that a 33% modifier actually modifies things by 1000's of a percent....and then they have recursive values that drop another 1000% here and there. They can't even understand basic math, and that's why we get 100 trillion then 200 trillion hits.

Further, it debases the entire game. As I have said, ARPG's are loot based, and loot is still largely irrelevant in D4. Skill is irrelevant, too. This completely removes any desire to play the game because the whole thing is a pile of cheat codes disguised as paragon nodes. It also completely bleaches out any form of satisfaction from progressing your character and learned the game.

I tried a meme build today. Just took two needed items, did fuck all for anything else. Lots of 750 gear, shit stats. No tempering, no nothing. Instant access to T4, AND...my character is fucking invulnerable. Outside of instant death mechanics, my character CANNOT BE KILLED. lel.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Any of the Spirit Borne builds get hyped. They all use some bugs to scale damage. Right now its some overpower build.

I only used the Quill build and it clear pit 100 and one shots T4 Bosses in 1 seconds.
I'm asking because it needs some very specific stat thresholds and I'm still working on getting enough vigor at the start of T3.

People are posting like it's just no effort to do it.

Aazrael

I'm asking because it needs some very specific stat thresholds and I'm still working on getting enough vigor at the start of T3.

People are posting like it's just no effort to do it.
Yea for sure. I did look into them and they need some very specific items and a certain resource caps and regen to work.

And thats why I'm so sick of the videos with the flashy thumb nails. They are all for no life autists, but I get annoyed when they pop up in my flow.

Like, "This build is the BEST and everyone can do it!!!!!!!!!! (you just need a shako)".

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yea for sure. I did look into them and they need some very specific items and a certain resource caps and regen to work.

And thats why I'm so sick of the videos with the flashy thumb nails. They are all for no life autists, but I get annoyed when they pop up in my flow.

Like, "This build is the BEST and everyone can do it!!!!!!!!!! (you just need a shako)".
But you said that your build one shots T4 bosses. Whats the build?

You can't just equip Quills and do that.

• 1Picard

Aazrael

I followed this guide. Started with the leveling version and slowly upgraded and changed into the "endgame" build.

But as mentioned above. Feels like 99% of the damage comes from the Glyphs and Paragons with the other 1% being the correct Aspects and Uniques, stats don't matter at all besides hitting some goal of resource regen/cap etc.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I followed this guide. Started with the leveling version and slowly upgraded and changed into the "endgame" build.

But as mentioned above. Feels like 99% of the damage comes from the Glyphs and Paragons with the other 1% being the correct Aspects and Uniques, stats don't matter at all besides hitting some goal of resource regen/cap etc.
Thanks. Guide I'm following had too many edits and variations and became incomprehensible.

Looks like the Ebewaka Helm is what I'm missing. Also not getting Que rune which seems really inportant for survivability and why I can't get into T4.

Aazrael

Thanks. Guide I'm following had too many edits and variations and became incomprehensible.

Looks like the Ebewaka Helm is what I'm missing. Also not getting Que rune which seems really inportant for survivability and why I can't get into T4.
I got most of the Uniques from Gambling, then upgraded as I found better versions later on.

Yea rune hunting is not fun. But getting the Druid skill up is probably a big help in survival.

I was in T3 for most of my time. Got into T4 once I had enough Paragon and Glyphs leveled up quite high.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Finally got around to getting the xpac. Rolled a witch doctor. Just randomly mashing buttans because fuck if I know what I'm doing. Couple hours later I am 23 and woefully undergeared to do the msq or anything. Log out. Tonight when I wake up I will lower difficulty and try to get some gear.

First lego that dropped was a weapon with the kickass quill volley aspect. So fuck yeah.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Thank you Janx Janx for the plevel and stick. My spiritborn went from ultra gimpy to beefy just like that. Working on MSQ and side quests now. Will probably start a necro soon to go through the various areas and do shrines and map discoveries. Prior to this I never made it past Fractured Peaks.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Thank you Janx Janx for the plevel and stick. My spiritborn went from ultra gimpy to beefy just like that. Working on MSQ and side quests now. Will probably start a necro soon to go through the various areas and do shrines and map discoveries. Prior to this I never made it past Fractured Peaks.
anyone pitting and wants to plvl my necro? Bored of spiritborn just blowing through shit!