Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This is the "Ice Cream for DInner" problem.

Imagine your nephews/cousins/etc. from out-of-state come over and you serve them ice cream for dinner. You can get away with it one time and be fun and wacky - there's a sense we're all doing something silly that we know isn't a good idea, but it's a special occasion, it's almost Halloween, etc.

If you serve the kids ice cream for dinner every single day for a week, you have a real problem. You knew you had young guests coming and you clearly didn't plan for a responsible meal for those kids.

Even worse is saying to the kids after a week of ice cream dinners (and an emergency trip to the dentist): "Hey kids, it turns out there was a major issue with the broccoli I've been serving you for dinner. A technical glitch turned that broccoli into delicious, cavity-causing Chocolate Double-Ripple Fudge ice cream. We've fixed the glitch and will now be eating more broccoli as intended."

Blizzard knew the Eagle Evade build was incredibly broken before VoH even launched, but they let everyone have ice cream for dinner for a week because Diablo 4 has been so shitty for so long that they're desperate. Desperate for money, desperate for players, desperate for engagement metrics to demonstrate quarterly shareholder value blah blah blah. Well, my inner 10-year-old doesn't feel like eating broccoli after a week of ice cream. My tummy hurts and I don't really wanna spend any more time with weird Uncle Diablo 4 Vessel of Hatred. I'm gonna go lie down instead.
Holy shit why is Mr Sox posting in the D4 thread

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Spiritborn are plenty OP without the evade thing. They wanted to create a whole new archetype and instead gave us a Monk/Druid/Sorc/Barb hybrid

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Did some Pit pushing and Pit 95 seems to be my barrier. I could not get the last boss down. Pit 90 is easy with 9-10 minutes to spare.

Three Glyphs are around 85 and two are 82.

But with that said it's quite boring now. Tier 4 melts and all bosses gets almost one shot.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Doesn't sound like there's enough content for me to fire it back up, and definitely not buying their bullshit expansion. Glad people are still having fun, though. Still think I got my money's worth just was hoping for so much more.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I’ll have ice cream for dinner and still not buy this piece of shit.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I’ll have ice cream for dinner and still not buy this piece of shit.
Yeah, doesn't seem their developers have any clue what they want the game to be......at this point they are just trying to use whatever worked from D3.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

from the patch notes
1729040374894.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Doesn't sound like there's enough content for me to fire it back up, and definitely not buying their bullshit expansion. Glad people are still having fun, though. Still think I got my money's worth just was hoping for so much more.
No, it's half an expansion. It's closer to the D3 Necromancer patch than D3 Reaper of Souls.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You have a long wait ahead of you.
This is part of what makes this game frustrating. There is some non-zero dollar amount I would pay for D4. If only just to support ARPG competition and to hopefully reinforce that it sounds like they're making some good decisions.

Will D4 ever reach that non-zero amount, especially since their business model seems to include semi frequent paid expansions? Doubtful.

Fucker

Log Wizard
This is part of what makes this game frustrating. There is some non-zero dollar amount I would pay for D4. If only just to support ARPG competition and to hopefully reinforce that it sounds like they're making some good decisions.

Will D4 ever reach that non-zero amount, especially since their business model seems to include semi frequent paid expansions? Doubtful.
Their problem is that the core of the game is still broken, and they don't have either the ability or desire to fix it.

Last week, the big LOL was SB hitting for 1 trillion damage. This week? 100 trillion. You can take any gear and hit 1 trillion damage with a new L60 character. ARPG's revolve around loot, and once again, loot is completely irrelevant unless you are hunting for more broken mechanics. Hell, their laughably named Season of Loot was also a joke. People were beating end game bosses with blue and yellow vendor loot.

They had a chance to fix it with the expansion, but lazy, I guess. They aren't concerned that POE2 is going to release soon and oblivious to the fact that no one will be playing D4 after that.

Chris

Potato del Grande
This week? 100 trillion. You can take any gear and hit 1 trillion damage with a new L60 character.
How? Because I'm farming boss materials to get Banished Lord's Talisman to do this.

The rest, yeah, they made loot pointless. It was in a decent place before the expansion. Only having two relevent item levels regardless of difficulty is strange.

Each Torment level should have had a higher item level with maybe Ancestral staying at max but dropping more in each level.