Dr. Cliff Huxtable was a mega rapist

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Funny line in that article...

In my mid 20s I did a lot of drugs. If in 20 years one of my hookups from that time decided to accuse me of drugging her in order to seduce her, I'd also have to testify that, "I bought drugs (mdma, cocaine) with the intention of giving them to women I intended to have sex with". Now, I certainly didn't intend that their mind altering effects would facilitate that sexual encounter, but I'm not sure the distinction would matter to most people. I didn't 'slip' it to them either, did Cosby?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's Hollywood so of course there is easy access to drugs
Let's not pretend like literally the entire country doesn't have easy access to drugs... the only difference is there are more people in Hollywood with money/reputations worth trying to blackmail. 47 girls from insertsmalltownhere wouldn't have much to gain by deciding to claim rape against some dude at a party they took some molly with and fucked (err... I mean got raped by!)

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
What was that hardcore bondage studio that used to -actually- rape women on camera? I can't remember the name of it. There was a documentary about it a couple of years ago. It was early 2000ish. It started with an L or something.
This is relevant to my... i mean to a friend's interests. Can anyone provide more information ?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Bakky Visual? That was the Japanese one anyway.

Max Hardcore got nabbed with some dumbass technicality when they couldn't get the fake-underage shit to stick. He filmed 25+ year-old meth-hags who pretended to be 12-13 year olds on camera for anal and fisting purposes. They couldn't get tax shit to stick so they came up with some kind of anti-pissing obscenity violation.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Me too.

But see, that also applies to accusing people of making false rape accusations.
No, it doesn't. If you accuse someone of a specific thing the burden of proof is on you. These women must either prove their story is true or they're guilty of libel. I suspect absolutely none of them can. The moment they made their claim they should have presented proof. In the absence of it we must dismiss their claims. I believe Cosby exploited stupid women, and maybe even crossed the line more than once, but justice demands more than feels.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
These women must either prove their story is true or they're guilty of libel.
That's not exactly how it works. One ruling doesn't automatically ensure or even imply the opposite. Not being able to meet a burden of proof for charges of rape doesn't necessarily fulfill the requirement of proving the accusation untrue and fitting a libel claim. Most likely the women can't prove he raped them, so that doesn't stick, and Cosby can't prove he didn't rape them, and that doesn't stick. So, we'll be back to square one with a lot of accusations that can't be proven, but that give everyone an opportunity to form enough of an opinion to show how rapey they are.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
That's not exactly how it works. One ruling doesn't automatically ensure or even imply the opposite. Not being able to meet a burden of proof for charges of rape doesn't necessarily fulfill the requirement of proving the accusation untrue and fitting a libel claim. Most likely the women can't prove he raped them, so that doesn't stick, and Cosby can't prove he didn't rape them, and that doesn't stick. So, we'll be back to square one with a lot of accusations that can't be proven, but that give everyone an opportunity to form enough of an opinion to show how rapey they are.
The burden of proof is dramatically different in a civil case though. For libel you need a "false" statement. They just have to find, by preponderance of the evidence, that her statement was false and that she made it negligently, recklessly, knowingly or intentionally. You don't have to prove absolute falsity. Just needs to be more likely than not that her statement was false at the time she made it.

By the same token they don't need to prove him guilty of rape beyond a reasonable doubt; just need more likely than not. Civil cases are very different animals than criminal cases.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Yeah. Meaning nobody is going to prove anything with or without 'beyond the expectations and burdens of proof relevant to the case type' added after every instance of the word 'prove.' So, we agree, having accusations not be found true in one case doesn't automatically prove they're untrue for another. Good to see we're on the same page!

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Well in a civil case with counterclaims they're going to believe one party or the other. And whichever one they believe, they're going to give money.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This is relevant to my... i mean to a friend's interests. Can anyone provide more information ?
Don't know that studio, but I saw one from red milf productions that was realistic enough to make me uncomfortable. But in that case, apparently the chick (Rachele Steel) takes requests and just tries to give a good show. So, definitely not a real rape. There was also a european one I saw once that looked disturbingly real.

khalid

Unelected Mod
This seems dangerous for Cosby. If they rule against his claim, even though it doesn't mean he was proved to have committed the crime, that will probably be the public perception.

Then again, maybe he has decided his reputation can't get much lower and so he has nothing to lose.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
This seems dangerous for Cosby. If they rule against his claim, even though it doesn't mean he was proved to have committed the crime, that will probably be the public perception.

Then again, maybe he has decided his reputation can't get much lower and so he has nothing to lose.
Uhh I think no matter what people have made up their minds. If they find for Cosby it's going to be "the legal system doesn't treat rape seriously!" if they find for the Plaintiffs its going to be "see!!!"

Don't think this shit is changing anyone's mind either way.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
he won't be changed with rape or anything like that because the statute of limitations has ran out. Fuck, in Nevada it's 4 or 5 years.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
the later accusers who were still able to press criminal charges due to being within the statute of limitations all went after his money instead of the police.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
No, it doesn't. If you accuse someone of a specific thing the burden of proof is on you. These women must either prove their story is true or they're guilty of libel. I suspect absolutely none of them can. The moment they made their claim they should have presented proof. In the absence of it we must dismiss their claims. I believe Cosby exploited stupid women, and maybe even crossed the line more than once, but justice demands more than feels.
There is nowhere near enough hard evidence to prove that Cosby raped anybody, so it's irresponsible for people to demand he be put in jail for a crime that can't be proven, regardless of how likely it was that hediddo the crime (in this case,extremelylikely). That's what "innocent until proven guilty" means, and that's the way it should be (as everyone here agrees).

Everybody throws those principles out the window, though, when it comes time to accuse people of making false rape accusations (a serious crime, I'm sure everyone would agree). Even if there is zero hard evidence that a woman (or 50+ women) have lied about their rape claims, a lot of people are really, really comfortable jumping immediately to those conclusions and treating them as self-evident somehow (see: Sulkowicz). It's case #69331003 of the "this rule applies tothembut not tome" rationalization that is super-fucking-common in discussions about social issues (including SJWism, rape culture, GamerGate, etc).

iannis

Musty Nester
the later accusers who were still able to press criminal charges due to being within the statute of limitations all went after his money instead of the police.
^^

He's old. He's rich. He's less popular in the black community than he once was. He's an easy target.

They're still claiming that he did some truly hardcore rape-dungeon shit. I can see that he was gettin chicks to suck his dick cause he said he could get them a job. I can see that Cosby was running a back room casting couch in some midrange hotel back in the 60's and 70's. For that, all you got to do is say it, and I'll take your word for it. It's skeevy, and it's predatory, but it's not actually a crime.

I do not see that he was dropping roofies on them and then throatfucking them while unconcious. That's a different thing. That requires some form of proof.

It'd be believable if they'd done almost anything except for wait 30 years and try to cash in.