Dragon Age: Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Hope BioWare goes bankrupt and all developers are unemployable.

what a huge fall for amazing amazing world

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea game looks like trash!

lyw2tutcwvpd1.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So what is the over/under on this game "failing to meet sales expectations"? lol

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Depends if they have Square (capcom?) style sales expectations that are complete moonshot numbers wise, and it affects financial filings. I'm sure they can spin some PR BS about it being a inclusive best seller with some creative math.

While i've long since given up on bioware entirely- i'm sure there are people out there who will still buy it sight unseen. Sad as that is. What those numbers end up being - I wouldn't bet on.

Sylas

<Gold Donor>
Guess that depends on what their sales expectations are. I don't see it surpassing Inquisition numbers, but there's a large audience that will buy the game based on name recognition alone so I have trouble imagining it not selling several million copies. All the bad press in the world won't change that. But given the anti-woke backlash if the gameplay is also straight garbage I imagine it only selling a few million will be way under what their expectations are.

Copies sold of previous games in the series:
Dragon Age: Origins 3.2mil
Dragon Age 2 2 mil
Dragon Age Inquisition 12mil

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So what is the over/under on this game "failing to meet sales expectations"? lol
Hard to say, the Bioware fans are rabid, and they're exactly the type of people who want stupid ass shit like they're making. I also can't say that much cause I've only watched one of the early reveal video, lost all interest and haven't looked at any of the 20 promotional videos they've released since, so maybe it won't be as bland as what they showed first but unlikely.

I expect it'll sell somewhat ok(1million or so?), but be way below their expectations.