Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is it me or are the rats so much more annoying in this game compared to the other souls games

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Pretty sure they’re the exact same they’ve always been since at least DS1. Annoying as fuck.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What does the multiplayer thing on the map represent exactly? When you make the blue/orange circles appear.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Caster question, since I didn't use any sorcery for the entire game and don't know what I'm doing on a respec: What stats should I be aiming for as a caster with Moonveil? I've got 150 levels to spend, plus whatever I got from the last couple fights, maybe 155 total.

Obviously Int should be really high. 60 for that comet spell, does increasing it beyond that pump up the damage?

What about Faith, how high should I get that?

Does Arcane do anything for casters or is it just for melee proc type stuff?

Does Dexterity still affect casting speed?

Since I'm a wretch I have 10 in everything by default. I'm thinking 50 points into Int (60), 20ish into Dex and Faith (30 each), 45 into Vigor (55, which is what I beat the game at already), 20 for Endurance (30). The Endurance is probably a little low. If I can cut corners somewhere else to add to End I'll do that.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Radahn area locations
There is apparently a catacombs at the very north end of the desert. Found it by using one of the statues up near Millicent’s church. I’m astounded just how much crap they’ve jammed into this game. I did not expect much at the top of this area above Sellia.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I dont think anyone knows exactly what the stats do. Especially the Arcane stat.

Thanks Obama Software

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Arcane seems too only effect item discovery(Luck basically), and some resistance stats also *shrug*

But no one has any idea what it does under the hood, cause ya Thanks little shits, who think it's cool too hack the game so they can stomp on everyone..

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Singing harpies you just gotta be super aggressive on them. I only died to them once when I realize that if I let them do shit they spray poison, cast stupid fucking spells and otherwise kill you. But if you rush up and smack them you can usually break their poise quickly.

Their singing is cool though you were right.

The magma wyrm boss up there... something is fucked up with it. You legitimately cannot hit the thing when its in certain animations. I died to it because of that then tried again just running around like a bitch hiding behind pillars.
I legitimately just did this, didnt get a hint either, just used my stonesward key figuring it was a random mine dungeon.

I DID one-shot the wyrm in there, just barely, got caught in a flame pile and had to use 2 flasks twice,m killed him with 1 left.

I did get enough mats to go from +11 to +16 though, so hopefully I do a decent amount of extra damage. Practicing parrying on those aggressive Atlus monsters with the axe or swords. I have the axe ones down good but the timing on the sword ones suck, too much feinting.

Goonsquad Officer
Radahn area locations
There is apparently a catacombs at the very north end of the desert. Found it by using one of the statues up near Millicent’s church. I’m astounded just how much crap they’ve jammed into this game. I did not expect much at the top of this area above Sellia.
How did you use the statue?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
don't those mostly drop tears for your Wondrous Physik?

Yep. I took out all the Erdtree Avatars and they dropped components for the Physick. No seeds or anything for the normal flask, which is still pretty underpowered at +5. If nothing else I'll get a new set of seeds/tears in NG+ to use.

The Physick is really good in and of itself as well. I've got it set to Heal Half HP + Add Regen. Too bad there's no way to increase it past 1 charge...or maybe there is and I totally missed it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yep. I took out all the Erdtree Avatars and they dropped components for the Physick. No seeds or anything for the normal flask, which is still pretty underpowered at +5. If nothing else I'll get a new set of seeds/tears in NG+ to use.

The Physick is really good in and of itself as well. I've got it set to Heal Half HP + Add Regen. Too bad there's no way to increase it past 1 charge...or maybe there is and I totally missed it.
Heal instead of dying is the best one, the rest is gravy. I usually go max HP or easier stagger.

• 1Like

Blueweed

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Immediately after blocking with L1 use R2. You'll see a strike with like, wind around it when you swing.

If you want to rely on it you need to be using a 100% physical defense shield otherwise dodge is just better.
You can also use the shield ash if u dont have a 100pct defense

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Radahn area locations
Don't miss the Sellia Hideaway Dungeon hidden behind a rock in the wall behind the beefy ass mage

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
How is mouse and keyboard gameplay?
This is probably weird to most people, but I'm using a hybrid of both. I find the keyboard/mouse easier to go through my inventory and such, but use the controller for combat. One of the main reasons I switched was because the Sword of Night and Flame is fucked with a mouse, as the flame and magic attack are both bound to the same controls. I tried to fuck around with the key binds, but it's just a million times easier just being able to hold in L2, and then just hit R1 or R2 to use either the magic or the flame. It took some getting used to, but I actually prefer the controller now for most of the game.

Also, huge props to Steam for allowing the Nintendo Switch Pro controller to be functional with their games! I didn't even know you could do that until the other day. Saved me from having to purchase an Xbox controller (and I actually prefer the Switch Pro controller anyway, so win/win).

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Arcane seems too only effect item discovery(Luck basically), and some resistance stats also *shrug*

But no one has any idea what it does under the hood, cause ya Thanks little shits, who think it's cool too hack the game so they can stomp on everyone..

You need arcane for some of the breath spells, not sure if it scales them.

It also raises occult wep damage and scales some of the seals and maybe a staff.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fashion souls baby

Capture.PNG

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users