Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
1647697531725.png

1647697611756.png

First game I have ever Platinumed. Truly Fromsoft's Magnum Opus. My life is complete.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I am almost 80 hours in now. Still not looked at any guides other than the first starting area to get some flasks early, and the tips videos.

Thought I could "see" the full map, and figured I had to do the capitol to get north. So started doing that, and it just keeps getting bigger, go here, new place, go there, new place, oh a well, maybe an item, nope new massive place. Got lost and even at level 110, enemies there were hard, so went exploring old areas. Found around 10 new bosses, entered a portal, ported me to a new place and map suddenly got even bigger. Just how is there so much content?

There are games where it takes a long time from announcement to release where you wonder where all the dev time went and how many times they restarted from scratch since the final product doesn't seem to match the dev time it took. This game its making me question if From Software either has the biggest dev team of all game studios or if they just live at the studio 24/7. And this during a pandemic which supposedly slowed down the entire industry.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Is there a way to tell what level an enemy is that you’re fighting? I’m like 2 hours in, I’ve found no upgrades, using same axe I started with, found one shitty sword that i can’t even use. I have no idea where to go or what to do, or where I can actually get better gear , or how to play something else because I don’t want to do melee in this game.

Melee Fighting is retarded in this game, half the time you just swing into the ether, the camera is wonky and doesn’t catch up to my movement, I like to play 10 feet from my tv and there’s a noticeable lag on Bluetooth with my controller which makes parrying nigh impossible and dodging a pita. So id love a bow or some spells but there’s no fucking indicator of how to get those or when.

every video I see people on a horse. I’d love to get a horse. I see a couple enemies on horse back, assume I have to kill them to get it? Get totally buttraped by them, don’t even think I got any damage in, just staggered staggered dead.

Come into a camp of torch wielding dorks who I mostly one shot. Then randomly just in the middle of them is some helmet wearing asshole with a tower shield and spear I can’t even get a hit in on him. Get destroyed, come back and the whole camp is respawned? Fuck that.

The world is gorgeous and I’d love the chance to explore it. Outside of a god mode cheat I don’t see myself playing this much, I’m not a fan of games where you feel zero progress after 1-2 hours. Shame on me as I basically never played souls games I shoulda known this was strictly for fanboys
This is also my first Souls type game and this is funny because I get it but know that the player is 100% the issue :p

Watch some of those vids linked (namely the power-booster early start stuff) and it helps a TON.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does this game have archery builds that are good? Recall seeing some presets at the start with a bow before deciding to just do a newbie knight style to start.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Archery can hose down some otherwise difficult mobs.

I used great bow to chain knock down Malenia in phase 1.

Highly recommend the arrow sting and arrow reach quick swaps.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They're great for killing dragons from horse back if you wanna be tactical and don't feel like it's cheesing

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Re: mohg, i really enjoyed that fight. Last one i did before cheesing the game with moonveil and whorefrost.

Twinblades are so much fun. Godskin Twinblade + the clone was how I beat most of the second half or so of the game.

Now I alternate between Malenia katana and Moonveil. I think the Malenia one is overall superior (mainly due to the reach), but Moonveil is better as long as you have FP.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Plus there was a shortage in my opinion of top pick quality build one handers. The Malenia katana just wins, and wins and wins in every comparison. As it should I think, considering the encounter you obtain it from.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
PSA:

Despite the patch, my smithing stones were not reduced in price, and I could not get Neph Kenneth and Gostoc into the throne room.

Log in so you’re playing online. This fixed both issues for me. There’s seemingly some issue with their “calibration version.” Or something.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The hitscan blue bull archers that apparently also use wallhacks can go fuck themselves lol. My first ALT-F4. The game whines at you apparently if you log back in to not do that :p

• 1Worf

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, you can literally summon her for morgott and she'll go fuck him up lol, how is this news?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I one shotted Radahn and cheesed the big white dragon. I have no idea how that fights supposed to go but I’m glad I didn’t find out.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I one shotted Radahn and cheesed the big white dragon. I have no idea how that fights supposed to go but I’m glad I didn’t find out.
I think in the white dragon fight you're supposed to kill all the "dragons" around the white dragon without resting, which is non-trivial. Just sneaking up and hitting the white dragon in the ass is so intuitive I bet nearly everyone does it.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think in the white dragon fight you're supposed to kill all the "dragons" around the white dragon without resting, which is non-trivial. Just sneaking up and hitting the white dragon in the ass is so intuitive I bet nearly everyone does it.

I did it the "correct" way on my first playthrough because I was just farming those dragons lol. Moonveil was so busted against them that they were trivial to kill and then I kinda accidentally noticed the big dragon was taking damage as I did.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is there a way to tell what level an enemy is that you’re fighting?

Hell no.

The "Oh Shit" moments when you attack something and do so little damage you can't even see it's life bar go down and start panic rolling until it obliterates you is something I hope From never gets rid of

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users