Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
It didn't knock down nearly as many enemies. Run through castle sol or volcano manor with both weapons. Same with crucible knights I would imagine. I'm in deeproot depths now will try it out on the tree knight.

BB only excels on things that are extremely weak to fire like tree spirits. Most others wave of destruction seemed superior to me. Even before the nerf.

Did you stack faith on your BB build? I think Taker's Flame scales better with Faith. Also Wave of Destruction is mostly physical so you can't stack flask physick/fire damage talisman/flame grant me strength like BB could.

Either way Ruins GS is really good, I used it on a playthrough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did you stack faith on your BB build? I think Taker's Flame scales better with Faith. Also Wave of Destruction is mostly physical so you can't stack flask physick/fire damage talisman/flame grant me strength like BB could.

Either way Ruins GS is really good, I used it on a playthrough.

Wave of destruction scales with str/alexander/ritual sword talisman. You do lose out to BB which can add flame shrouding cracked tear or scorpion fire talisman.

But even with those takers flames does way less damage to the red albinurics on the palace approach ledge than wave of destruction. I'm not sure if it's because it's a faith scaling weapon or if those guys just have way more fire resistance than the white ones. Right now I can get like 2300 on the whites but only 1300 on the reds. Wave of destruction is a pretty consistent 2k on both.

This is with 60str 30fth.

I'll stack more faith and see what it does.

Last edited:

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Wave of destruction scales with str/alexander/ritual sword talisman. You do lose out to BB which can add flame shrouding cracked tear or scorpion fire talisman.

But even with those takers flames does way less damage to the red albinurics on the palace approach ledge than wave of destruction. I'm not sure if it's because it's a faith scaling weapon or if those guys just have way more fire resistance than the white ones. Right now I can get like 2300 on the whites but only 1300 on the reds. Wave of destruction is a pretty consistent 2k on both.

Yeah looking it up Taker's Flame scales purely with Faith so if that stat is low that might be why.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I am so fired up. Elden Ring reminds me of Ground Hog day. Starts out like it isn't that bad, get your ass kicked and learn, and then somehow get out alive and win.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Torrent for Elden Beast fight is awesome, that fight sucked as melee.

Yeah - after the DLC I mighty swing back and complete NG4 just to see how that is while on Torrent.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Definitely starting to think I should have gone in with a bleed build. DMGS doesn't seem to be nerfed besides the poise damage, but I had forgotten how annoying it is when you're exploring new areas (getting caught off guard without the sword buff up). Killed the first miniboss I came across fairly easily without summoning Tiche or Mimic, but it's really obvious that you're meant to have the DLC blessing to do decent damage. Seems like each rank of Scadutree blessing is a flat +5% to AP, and a pretty big boost to defense. Not sure what the steed part of the Revered Spirit Art blessing does yet.

Really tempted to go respec to str/arc and level up the two beastman swords I already have to +25 and see how bleed does. Too late to get the white mask though, unfortunately.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Definitely starting to think I should have gone in with a bleed build. DMGS doesn't seem to be nerfed besides the poise damage, but I had forgotten how annoying it is when you're exploring new areas (getting caught off guard without the sword buff up). Killed the first miniboss I came across fairly easily without summoning Tiche or Mimic, but it's really obvious that you're meant to have the DLC blessing to do decent damage. Seems like each rank of Scadutree blessing is a flat +5% to AP, and a pretty big boost to defense. Not sure what the steed part of the Revered Spirit Art blessing does yet.

Really tempted to go respec to str/arc and level up the two beastman swords I already have to +25 and see how bleed does. Too late to get the white mask though, unfortunately.

Have no fear, I'm sure From will make the last boss completely bleed immune just like Radagon/Beast

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Have no fear, I'm sure From will make the last boss completely bleed immune just like Radagon/Beast

I think the best way to handle that would have been to alter the damage done on a boss by boss basis where they deem necessary, similar to how they already did that for Mohg. Honestly Mohg being able to be hit by bleed (albeit at dimished effect) but those two immune seems backwards. Mohg should be immune, they should take 5-7% dmg.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Shouldn't really matter even if they do. Elden Beast on NG+7 dies to 10 jump attacks from dual beastman's even without blood loss procs.

Going to try to stick with int build anyway though. Even if DMGS is annoying in new territory, there's always Wing of Astel, which is what I used to beat the base game, or Death's Poker to mess around with instead. Neither of those weapons seem to have been touched by the patch at all. Kind of surprising considering they nerfed Moonveil yet again, and Moonveil wasn't even remotely competitive with Wing or Poker even before that.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Shouldn't really matter even if they do. Elden Beast on NG+7 dies to 10 jump attacks from dual beastman's even without blood loss procs.

Going to try to stick with int build anyway though. Even if DMGS is annoying in new territory, there's always Wing of Astel, which is what I used to beat the base game, or Death's Poker to mess around with instead. Neither of those weapons seem to have been touched by the patch at all. Kind of surprising considering they nerfed Moonveil yet again, and Moonveil wasn't even remotely competitive with Wing or Poker even before that.

Yeah but it was a bit of a dick move to play the entire game around one play style and then make the last boss completely immune to it. I think I did fire/ice on my dual twinplades so I could proc frost over and over

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ancient Death Rancor pretty much trivialised all bosses for me. It staggers like crazy, it tracks, it sips FP, and it can be charged.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Some weapons with innate blood proc can be enchanted, too. I usually wield a 2hander, but I also have twin spiked spears with blood proc and enchanted frost, so they do both.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Bleed is still a flat 10% damage so it's always going to be great.

Vorph

Bleed is still a flat 10% damage so it's always going to be great.
Yeah, for a boss like Elden Beast you're still better off using bleed because of the indirect buffs you get from Seppuku, White Mask, LoB's Exultation, etc. If the DLC has boss(es) that are immune to bleed but not frostbite, there might be an argument for a quick swap of the AoW to cold and LoB's Exultation to Milicent's Prosthesis, but at least in the base game nearly everything that is immune to one is also immune to the other.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
How did moonveil get nerfed? the patch notes dont mention it other than katanas losing some poise damage in pvp
who gives a shit lol

• 1Like

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
First impressions from yall? Probably wont play it until tomorrow night at the earliest.