Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone use the Starscourge greatsword? I love it. Suck everyone in, blast them to shit. Never gets old.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kroenen

Regimen Morum
Wonder if there's a website or app or something that you can flag a dungeon or cave you've completed, for a boss you killed, that's maybe interactive.

I thought about just making a damn spreadsheet this go around. Probably be easier. I'll just be nice to have a list of stuff that I know I already did.

Could just take a PDF of the map and use Ms paint and cross stuff off, or add little notations.
You can flag finished dungeons, etc. in-game by opening up the map, selecting a completed cave with your crosshair, and then choosing the marker option. You have a bunch of different markers you can select from. With an Xbox controller, it's Y to open the map and X to choose the marker.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea moonveil still pretty busted. It was never really about the dmg anyway, its about the reach it gives you and pretty good recovery time with it

On the other hand, my Lordsworn's sword with its Square Off is still busted as ever.

And magic is still the real cheese in open world so that's great.

• 1Like

Blueweed

Silver Baronet of the Realm
hidden cerulean tear drop was nerfed from 15 to 10secs. less potent unlimited comet now

• 1Like

kroenen

Regimen Morum
heath ledger joker GIF

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How do I use the new inventory stuff? Didn't they add a recently acquired category?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone use the Starscourge greatsword? I love it. Suck everyone in, blast them to shit. Never gets old.
I always preferred Falling Beast Greatjaw. But I'm partial to hammers.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm at homeboys hand and no prompt to touch it or get into the xpac? Let me innnnn

• 1Pathetic

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm at homeboys hand and no prompt to touch it or get into the xpac? Let me innnnn
If there isn't an npc standing there you'll need to close steam out, and open it again, the update should be there then.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
How do I use the new inventory stuff? Didn't they add a recently acquired category?

Under options in display, you need to turn on the two new settings.

Edit: also I died. My +10 Radahn swords do around 8-10% per hit on the regular first bird mobs who do 20% of my HP at level 146 in full veterans gear except helmet which is the skull thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I always preferred Falling Beast Greatjaw. But I'm partial to hammers.
That's what I was rocking. Made some pretty tough fights a hell of a lot easier. I think they nerfed the stagger damage though, don't believe it's near as good as it was when the game came out.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If there isn't an npc standing there you'll need to close steam out, and open it again, the update should be there then.
Worked! Through first few side bosses, definitely a step up in difficulty (probably a bit of rust as well). Looks fantastic in 4k with everything cranked up.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
That's what I was rocking. Made some pretty tough fights a hell of a lot easier. I think they nerfed the stagger damage though, don't believe it's near as good as it was when the game came out.
Could be, it honestly needed it. You could chain cast it and it was ridiculous.

• 1Solidarity

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got about 2 hours in tonight. Fuckers are brutal.

I knew to avoid the wicker man boss up front but took out the beast claw dude and the giant hammer knight at the church. Then got my shit pushed in about ten times by the dark gaolknight boss in the mausoleum. Moved on from him and ended up in the Belurat castle area. Eventually made my way to some giant staircase where some roamer mob kicked my ass good. Decided to stop there for the night.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Got about 2 hours in tonight. Fuckers are brutal.

I knew to avoid the wicker man boss up front but took out the beast claw dude and the giant hammer knight at the church. Then got my shit pushed in about ten times by the dark gaolknight boss in the mausoleum. Moved on from him and ended up in the Belurat castle area. Eventually made my way to some giant staircase where some roamer mob kicked my ass good. Decided to stop there for the night.
I've got about 45 mins in. Found some things I have to examine when I have time, that cookbook probably will come in handy. I bet the key to having an easier time is considering things more closely.

Fun, though.

I mean...for fuck sakes, the opening area is full of gravestones....ghostly gravestones. The place is so off limits that grave stones are scared out of their wits to be there?

I'm going to take my time playing this one. After all, we are about 2 years away from the next DLC. Might as well enjoy it and take it slow.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Could be, it honestly needed it. You could chain cast it and it was ridiculous.
I was going to try to test it out after my game updated this evening, and jump on my old character just to see if there was a big difference. I just remember it really making some bosses 10 times easier, and harder mobs like the big knights and the capital work pretty much trivialized. Kind of cheesy but hey I'm old, can you use what you can.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!