Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
View attachment 534228

Screaming Matt Damon GIF
Frost pots bro…

Fucker

Log Wizard
Randomly drink some nectar from a creepy plant found at the bottom of a dungeon. No problem, what could go wrong.

n.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Don't have much time to play so haven't even bought the DLC. Shame.

One of you nerds needs to post the lore video from whoever that lore youtuber is once it drops so I can get a contact high.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blueweed

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There is a tracking frost ring spell in the red area of the Cerelian Coast, guarded by a half dozen spell birds (Heima works great here) that tracks and chain casts faster than Ancient Rancor Call. It also completely melts Mesmer. This is the one spell in the expansion that has been money, as far as I am concerned. The Metyr quest line also has some options, but mostly just upgrades to existing sorceries. DMGS is still very viable, you just have to accept that against certain bosses the window to activate the shot buff is just not going to happen due to hyperagro. The biggest disappointment as a caster is the lack of items and spells, though, for certain. This AI twitch controller read shit has been a slow boil going on since DS1 DLC dropped. Like I said earlier, FROM really wants to turn this game into Seikero or Bloodborne.
carian sovereignty ash of war, really good int monster hunter gs play, try it!

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>

One of you nerds needs to post the lore video from whoever that lore youtuber is once it drops so I can get a contact high.

Vaatvidya?

He's probably on suicide watch after this DLC.

nu_11

I think I got to the last boss
Radahn

Wow he's really damn hard. I can get pass his first phase taking 0-2 hits but his second phase is fucking gnarly.

I got him to 20% HP before he
meteored me
. I'm at 13 flask charges and 11 flask tears, 57 vigor, and not using any consumables yet. I think I'll need to finish my upgrades and optimize my stats and talismans to kill him solo.

last boss down

solo and 6 flasks left, but he's still aids

radahn.jpg

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm

Basically, St. Tranny Miquella reanimated Radahn to be his anal consort or something. Lucky for us we get to kill them.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Core plot seems to be Miquella divided into two aspects, St Trinna (feminine) and his now bodyless Miquella form (childlike and more mascaline). The former is sort of the nice one to her followers at least (but still a poison and sleep demigod) and the latter is tryign to ascend to full divine status while being openly at war with Marika. I have not progressed to the point where the Radahn shit is occuring, but there are ample clues about it all over. Whole expansion is a lore dump goldmine.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
carian sovereignty ash of war, really good int monster hunter gs play, try it!
Were I pure int, I would jump on that one. But I am INT FTH and nothing is coming close to the Uzi Spear. There needs to be a catalyst for pure INT thats at least competitive with the Death Prince Staff, because without that 438 scaling your basic sorc nukes are nerf darts.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Not doing the "oh I need to solo or else I'm not gud" route (spoiler: I am not gud).

Doing mimic and Radahn swords special attacks which the mimic spams. Also nice to have one of the perfumes in your hotbar that gives you a defense bubble. I don't think the mimic is limited the actual charges.

Oneshot Ranalla. Did the boss in the dungeon they did at the preview event. Figured I'd die to it since I had fallen for every ambush I could on the way down, had 2 pots left. I think it might have been my quickest boss kill. It tried to get an attack off before it was pulled in by the Radahn sword special, then me any my mimic just spammed it which klled it in rougly 5 seconds.

I just run into packs now and jump off my horse and use the special + smash. Pull in does AE 5-600 damage and smash an additonal 2+k. The pull in stagger even works against mobs like the first gaol knight which I don't think can be staggered by hitting it. He gets pulled and flies back from the smash too. Humanoid invasions are a joke since they get pulled in from so far away, then fly back just as far with the smash. So it's just as good as it was in the base game so far.

The sniper ball run, I just held up my shield. One shot did like 3% stamina and did no damage.

I am thinking I need a better stagger weapon for dragons though while on a horse.

• 2Like

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I see what you guys are saying about Putrescent Knight. Pure fucking chaos and a complete asshole.

My biggest complaint is the run back. I've only attempted him 3-4 times, and yes, it's a simple run but FFS, did we really need to do the jump every fucking time??

I know, I know, git gud and all that shit. /sigh

• 2Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Not doing the "oh I need to solo or else I'm not gud" route (spoiler: I am not gud).

Doing mimic and Radahn swords special attacks which the mimic spams. Also nice to have one of the perfumes in your hotbar that gives you a defense bubble. I don't think the mimic is limited the actual charges.

Oneshot Ranalla. Did the boss in the dungeon they did at the preview event. Figured I'd die to it since I had fallen for every ambush I could on the way down, had 2 pots left. I think it might have been my quickest boss kill. It tried to get an attack off before it was pulled in by the Radahn sword special, then me any my mimic just spammed it which klled it in rougly 5 seconds.

I just run into packs now and jump off my horse and use the special + smash. Pull in does AE 5-600 damage and smash an additonal 2+k. The pull in stagger even works against mobs like the first gaol knight which I don't think can be staggered by hitting it. He gets pulled and flies back from the smash too. Humanoid invasions are a joke since they get pulled in from so far away, then fly back just as far with the smash. So it's just as good as it was in the base game so far.

The sniper ball run, I just held up my shield. One shot did like 3% stamina and did no damage.

I am thinking I need a better stagger weapon for dragons though while on a horse.

This is what I do :p

For a good stagger kill all dragon weap, get this: How to get the Ancient Meteoric Ore Greatsword in Shadow of the Erdtree - and upgrade it to ten at the hold :) Also helps with all the bastard charge idiots.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Frost pots bro…

What's a frost pot?

What's a Paladin?

Found my way to the southeast lower level, I think, via a catacomb dungeon with this light-ring hurling boss who was basically a jackass. Shadow Keep seems to open up to the NW area. I think I probably detoured away from the Messmer fight if he is indeed in the SK. This is a bizarre overworld, with all these zones that are only reachable through dungeon side-paths and stuff. Feels like the most walled-in open world ever, TBH.

Not real worried about spoilers anymore myself, knowing who will and won't show up means I won't be let down by the ones they forgot about (i.e. Godwyn).

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I picked up the expansion yesterday, without realizing my character was in the middle of an NG+ playthrough. I had only just killed Radahn on this go around.
So I spent last night clearing up through Lyendell and made it to Castle Sol. I'm hoping I can knock Commander Niall and Mohg out early tonaght, so that I can actually jump into the DLC.

• 1Like

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I picked up the expansion yesterday, without realizing my character was in the middle of an NG+ playthrough. I had only just killed Radahn on this go around.
So I spent last night clearing up through Lyendell and made it to Castle Sol. I'm hoping I can knock Commander Niall and Mohg out early tonaght, so that I can actually jump into the DLC.
You can skip to Mohg super fast pretty early in the game.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ahh right. I forgot about that quest. Thanks.
I probably needed to knock some rust off my skills prior to the DLC anyway.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Got the putrid knight down and I got the uzi spear. Makes taking down the dragons super easy. Just stand under them and pew pew pew.

Still stuck on the evil sunflower. He's super weak to fire but keeps 2 shotting me. I can usually make it to phase 3 but then I'm usually out of health pots and can't finish him. I might have to go sword and board and see if that helps. Maybe just block and let the mimic kill it with fire.