Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
What's a frost pot?

What's a Paladin?

Found my way to the southeast lower level, I think, via a catacomb dungeon with this light-ring hurling boss who was basically a jackass. Shadow Keep seems to open up to the NW area. I think I probably detoured away from the Messmer fight if he is indeed in the SK. This is a bizarre overworld, with all these zones that are only reachable through dungeon side-paths and stuff. Feels like the most walled-in open world ever, TBH.

Not real worried about spoilers anymore myself, knowing who will and won't show up means I won't be let down by the ones they forgot about (i.e. Godwyn).
Use all your tools bro.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got the putrid knight down and I got the uzi spear. Makes taking down the dragons super easy. Just stand under them and pew pew pew.

Still stuck on the evil sunflower. He's super weak to fire but keeps 2 shotting me. I can usually make it to phase 3 but then I'm usually out of health pots and can't finish him. I might have to go sword and board and see if that helps. Maybe just block and let the mimic kill it with fire.
Where is the Sunflower? Is it the east entrance to Shadow Keep? I went through there and only found Commander Gaius.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I rejiggered my stats a bit and went to 50STR/40FTH and so far am just bonking the entire game now with this thing:

1719348499911.png

What a fuckin perfect ass weapon. Huge fucking base damage/scaling, can still enchant it, stagger is off the charts, and can swap the ash to whatever you prefer.

I sunbro'd probably 25 of the death knight fights just to farm rune arcs cause I could stunlock him so bad and he was so weak to the holy damage I couldn't really ever fail.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I rejiggered my stats a bit and went to 50STR/40FTH and so far am just bonking the entire game now with this thing:

View attachment 534274

What a fuckin perfect ass weapon. Huge fucking base damage/scaling, can still enchant it, stagger is off the charts, and can swap the ash to whatever you prefer.

I sunbro'd probably 25 of the death knight fights just to farm rune arcs cause I could stunlock him so bad and he was so weak to the holy damage I couldn't really ever fail.
Does that actually drop from the mounted knights that are all over the place? I've murdered a ton of them and got a shield once, never a weapon.

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Where is the Sunflower? Is it the east entrance to Shadow Keep? I went through there and only found Commander Gaius.
I think its through the cathedral district. Its a different entrance coming from the east side.

I finally got him down after 2 or 3 more scabtree levels. I ran around the map a lot picking up fragments. There's tons of different areas that are not exactly easy to find without some internet research.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Does that actually drop from the mounted knights that are all over the place? I've murdered a ton of them and got a shield once, never a weapon.

I got it from one the knights that was wielding it yea. I don't think it was the mounted ones?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Because dumping all points into STR and spamming jumping strong attack is somehow more skill intensive.....
I hate the retardery that is the whole "jump attack" meta in Souls games. But that said, it still requires you to put yourself in a potentially precarious position to perform, unlike casting. Casting only suffers when a mob is hyper aggro. Otherwise, there's none of the danger required to run up something's ass and jump attack it.

Furthermore, STR/INT build gives you access to what..maybe 5 or so realistic weapon options? Sorcery gives you how many spell options to deal with situations? 20? 30? Plus, specific staves to make said spells even more juiced?
Comet was never the problem (it was useless on most boss fights in even the base game) with sorcery.
LMAO. Sure bud. Here's just one example..

ThErE's hArDly aNy boSSes ThIs woRKs oN!!

It was the ease and safety of trash clearing.
Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

Trash clearing is easier, safer, etc. Some trash mobs are harder than some bosses. And some of the game's hardest bosses are trivialized with spells. Guys, why does Miyazaki hate sorcery?!?! DLC is mid! Shit is so hyper agro!!!!

When he has had to watch videos like the above for the past 2 years, is it any wonder why he might think to add in some "counters" to the finger wiggling faggotry?

Sorcery is boomer mode, period. There's no dancing around it. It's flat easier than melee in the vast majority of encounters. And I'm not even besmirching people who want to play that way. I'm just ROFLing that people are surprised that they'd add in more "counters" for it, now that the devs had 2 years to see how "EZ MODE" it is compared to most other builds.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Easiest one to farm is outside first castle.
That guy has not dropped the weapon or the shield in 4 hours of farming.

The weapon is a guaranteed drop off a non-respawning knight at the church in the south east of the first zone. Shield is a drop off a knight in the separate part of Rellana’s castle that you get to from dropping down from the second zone.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blueweed

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I joined in someones game for casual run through shadow keep. dude had a huge ass sunflower weapon that can triple hit, very strong. but it was super fugly, so no.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
The final boss is legit insane and I don't know what to do. Full tank build with fingerprint shield/sword lance weapon from DLC. 19 on the global buff and it's still not enough.

May have to just bite the bullet on this and summon someone, this is by far the most insane FROM boss. Never had to summon an actual player before for any boss.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m still crawling my way through things so I’m not entirely sure which boss is the final boss. I do know after I happened across a YouTube vid showing the Bayle fight that I have an absolute zero chance of defeating him, and undoubtedly a couple others as well.

I started the DLC at lvl 142. I’m now 173 and 8/7. I’ll continue grinding away and leveling up with the hope that maybe the extra levels, weapons, builds, etc will help. I just don’t have the patience to spend hours and hours learning every move/countermove for each of these fights though.

That worked fine for me in the base game as the only fight there that really pushed my patience level was Malenia. But it feels like there’s 5-6 encounters at least that are like hers in the DLC.

I do like that it’s hard. If they’d just tone the superultrahyper aggressiveness down a smidge, I’d at least have a little hope.

Blueweed

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I just used a quest item to revive someone, and the tube magically pops up a vid to show its alternative use for something else really cool and remote. screw me plenty and am not an ng plus person.