Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PS if you rocked Blasphemous for the knockdown, you should really consider the Ruins GS. Its Strike damage and has always had the better poise damage, both with swings and the weapon art.

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
I wonder if it's unintentional and will be fixed in a patch. Pure RNG cancelling out good loot for an entire playthrough isn't exactly SOP for Elden Ring.

I think the only way you lose it is if you don't pick it up and reload the area? You can lose a lot of loot that way. I'm pretty sure dung eater invasion you can lose the loot if the crab kills him or you.

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
PS if you rocked Blasphemous for the knockdown, you should really consider the Ruins GS. Its Strike damage and has always had the better poise damage, both with swings and the weapon art.

Yes but it's such a slow weapon. It's good for farming but the damage doesn't scale nearly as well. You can't use a scorpion charm or cracked tear on it. It caps around 2k where blasphemous blade can be pushed to almost 4k. And blasphemous blade heals you every time you use it so you can heal through some encounters just spamming it and tanking hits. Hitting 3 trash mobs with takers flame at once is better than a flask of cerulean tears. And you can even heal off rabbits and stuff.

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
I think the only way you lose it is if you don't pick it up and reload the area? You can lose a lot of loot that way. I'm pretty sure dung eater invasion you can lose the loot if the crab kills him or you.
From what I read he can also drop the shield, which I think is where I got it. Apparently other knights can drop the shield, but not the greathammer. In any case I'm OCD with loot and wouldn't have left anything behind, especially not something off of a higher-tier trash mob.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What's your bros general progression route been? I did the lion beast and Rennela so far, but now I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do next.

I don't know how to get in to Shadow Keep and have just been out exploring elsewhere, but everyone claims the keep is not endgame and more like midgame? Meanwhile I'm out here fighting huge fuckin dragons and shit that feel like every endgame kind of stuff.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yes but it's such a slow weapon. It's good for farming but the damage doesn't scale nearly as well. You can't use a scorpion charm or cracked tear on it. It caps around 2k where blasphemous blade can be pushed to almost 4k. And blasphemous blade heals you every time you use it so you can heal through some encounters just spamming it and tanking hits. Hitting 3 trash mobs with takers flame at once is better than a flask of cerulean tears. And you can even heal off rabbits and stuff.
Its way more mana efficient and better at dealing damage to bosses, if you need some distance to tap them from. Plus Strike seems to be the best universal physical damage type for most things, just like the main game. And it ragdolls a lot of stuff. Think it poise broke Mesmer in three hits, too, when I helped a rando kill him.

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
I cleared the keep next but I didn't do any of the big bosses except for the first one. Don't even zone into messmer or you will break some quests. I just wanted to see him and wasn't going to kill him and it ended some quest chains. Before you kill him you need to head to the cerulean coast and talk to a bunch of NPCs. The putrid knight is there. You're also going to need lots of scadula drops.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Fire knight's greatsword is pretty epic too and that's farmable.

Love this sword on my str build. It's got the Godslayer Greatsword fast light attacks and the Zweihander heavy poke. I set it to fire and put the new flame skewer ash on it. With the helm you get off one of the fire knight minibosses that buffs Messmer ashes it's doing really good damage.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The final boss is legit insane and I don't know what to do. Full tank build with fingerprint shield/sword lance weapon from DLC. 19 on the global buff and it's still not enough.

May have to just bite the bullet on this and summon someone, this is by far the most insane FROM boss. Never had to summon an actual player before for any boss.

Think I've said it before but I'm just glad that now the game (and entire series) has several more bosses on that Malenia/Isshin tier (Rellana, Lion, maybe the hippo, etc). Messmer and Bayle are above that tier and it sounds like the final boss is above THAT. From has officially gone fully balls to the wall.

That said, I'm pretty sure a few of these fights are going to be nerfed before long, and people will be able to brag about defeating "pre-nerf Bayle" and whatnot.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
LMAO Bloodfiends arm is so freaking broken. That's gotta be getting nerfed in the next few days I'd think. Literally poise breaks final boss in like 4 hits and completely trivializes that fight.

• 1Solidarity

Bald Brah

Molten Core Raider
Love this sword on my str build. It's got the Godslayer Greatsword fast light attacks and the Zweihander heavy poke. I set it to fire and put the new flame skewer ash on it. With the helm you get off one of the fire knight minibosses that buffs Messmer ashes it's doing really good damage.

I can't believe the regular fire knight helm off the shit heads is as good as an erdtree talisman. Ridiculous for a piece of armor.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So when farming the fire knight for the greatsword you also farm the same one for the armor? That armor looks awesome!

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
What's your bros general progression route been? I did the lion beast and Rennela so far, but now I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do next.

I don't know how to get in to Shadow Keep and have just been out exploring elsewhere, but everyone claims the keep is not endgame and more like midgame? Meanwhile I'm out here fighting huge fuckin dragons and shit that feel like every endgame kind of stuff.
Stuff you can do at Shard Level 1-3 reliably (in suggested order)
Lion Beast (maybe Gaol guy first if you are unga and a masochist)
Runebear Boss
Rellana
Shadow Keep Hippo

Stuff where you want to be Shard Level 4-7
Clear out Shadow Keep, except Mesmier. The game will seem like you should kill him, but its better to put him off until later (and more Shard levels).
Scorpion Rot Centaur Bitch (lot of good side loot on the runup to her)
Numerous Mini dungeon bosses (Shadow Catacombs, outdoor Hippos, Bleed Berzerk Toll in the river area, Black night behind Moohr, ect)
All Dragons that are not Bayle (lots of ways to exploit them if you need to and all drop lots of runes and dragon stones)
Uzi Spear guy (Jori I think?)
Cerelian Coast minibosses (Dancer, Death Bird, Undead Dragon)

Stuff you should knock out once you are 9-11 or more Shard Level
Hinterlands minibosses (Falling Star Beast #371, Sentinals)
Putrid Rider
Frenzied Flame Avatar
Metyr Questline (first parts are easy, but its a long hike to get to all the places and the last guy is a gravity magic spam machine)
Pig Rider Commander Gay (can be exploited and is super weak to bleed or spear/shield counterpoke)
Mesmer (by now you will have all the better tools from the DLC to deal with him)
Golden Hippo
Flower Boss (who obeys Nintendo rules where you have to kill it three times)

That is roughly where I am at. I am currently stuck on Bayle who just Bobby Boucher's me right off the bat every time. There are probably a couple hidden bosses and side dungeons I have to locate, along with two more Gaol mausoleums, the gigantic burning man dudes, and whatever the last boss is. I have not burned the tree yet, because I want to explore all I can first and get more Shard Levels (presently at 13). I did not do those in that order, since I had no fucking clue what was what, but when I do this with other characters thats my intended progression.

• 1Like

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can't believe the regular fire knight helm off the shit heads is as good as an erdtree talisman. Ridiculous for a piece of armor.
It is literally the only item my sorcerer is wearing from the DLC.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider

This is exactly where I was a couple days ago. I ended up just exploring and looking for SoGs and Scadfrags. Took me down to Cerulean Coast which eventually led me down the Fissure hole and eventually where the Putrescent Knight is. I tried him a few times just to see the hullaballoo for myself and then moved on.

I went back to the Shadow Keep, killed the golden hippo in the front to unlock the rest of the castle. A shitton to explore there. Got to one point that took me outside to the Rauh Ancient Valley area in the NW part of the map, which is all kinds of open and confusing areas to explore. I somehow ended up at the Church of the Bud to face Romina, the Centipede Chick, which is one of the Remembrance bosses.

I got her to around 40% on my first attempt which gave me some confidence to keep trying. Tweaked some things and eventually took her down after 10ish attempts. In terms of fight mechanics, she felt more like end game bosses from the main game instead of the other bosses I've tried so far in the DLC. She didn't have that superhyper level of aggression.

Trying to wrap up this area before moving back to Shadow Keep.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The DLC bosses seem to drop aggro on your spirit the very first time you hit them. Messmer seems to just ignore spirits completely. Just running around the room not attacking at all he will jump away from the spirit and smack me all the way across the room. I was trying to see how low the mimic and that wormy guy could get him on their own.

This is not my experience at all. I'm too old and retarded to bother flexing my epeen, I use a summon for any fight that allows it. They hold aggro just fine, you have to just understand how it works. I also do not have the same experience of not being able to buff before a fight. Putrid Knight, I was able to fall down, summon poopman, use physik flask, use prawn, then dodge roll in time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Think I've said it before but I'm just glad that now the game (and entire series) has several more bosses on that Malenia/Isshin tier (Rellana, Lion, maybe the hippo, etc). Messmer and Bayle are above that tier and it sounds like the final boss is above THAT. From has officially gone fully balls to the wall.

That said, I'm pretty sure a few of these fights are going to be nerfed before long, and people will be able to brag about defeating "pre-nerf Bayle" and whatnot.
Bayle is similar to Melenia, but Mesmer is not nearly as hard as Melenia. He is just a ramped up standard DLC Spam AoE and wombo combo chip damage with froggy agro type boss. The big thing with him is you have to get a few things from the DLC before having a reasonable fight (certain spells for casters, Shard Levels, fire resistances, ect) where a single mistake (or him spamming grab/14 hit chip combo) does not result in an auto loss. I would compare him more closely to Maeleketh, who has similar bullshit and also is required for progression.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

I one shot the dancing lion, one shot rellana, and two shot the hippo. They're all quite aggressive, but I would not rate either of those 3 as ridiculous as Malenia. The fact she has two phases and heals puts her way above those three.

I would rate Messmer as someone who is top tier, haven't fought Bayle or final boss yet but they're probably similar.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I’m fine with super agro bosses but there is an overabundance of ones that just rush you as soon as you clear the fog gate which is aggravating. Some of those death knights either sit there for a second like an idiot or are right on top of you before you can pop a mix.

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The idea of oneshotting the dancing lion is so outlandish to me it makes me assume people are lying lol.

That boss is the worst experience I've ever had in any Souls game. He's like all the worst aspects of the tree spirits amped up to 11 - all his movements look identical in that its the same undulating nonsense as everything else, his attack chains last for infinite and hit half the arena at once, and if you do finally catch an opening to hit him with a stick you get like...one swing, before he's on to the next 30 second long attack flailing that somehow always ends with him smoke spewing the entire area around him preventing any kind of actual retaliation

• 1Like