Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
In my original playthrough, Radahn was the boss that forced me to go level-grind and add like 15 points to Vigor before continuing. Up to that point I was fine, then he killed me like 10 times. Was the most trouble I had with anything in the base game besides Fire Giant and Malenia.
Man, when they nerfed Radahn like a week after I beat him, I wanted to cry a little.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For tree.
Fire of any kind shuts it down hard, didn’t know and my messmer flame headshots were doing like 4k and I one shot it.
Rykards Rancor completely fucks this boss over (as well as the Scorpion Centaur bitch to a degree). But if your timing and aim suck, Giants Flame Take Thee works pretty well, too. Melee wise, the flame perfume bottle with the right stats and buffs completely trashes the shit out of it as well.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Man, when they nerfed Radahn like a week after I beat him, I wanted to cry a little.
They went back and expanded his hit boxes, which did nothing to hamper casters but made melee against him a lot harder (not release levels, but pretty tough). I think Mirizaki hates watching naked dudes with the Rykard Spear no hitting shit or something.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You know you can run around summoning the warriors from the festival and breathe on him once or twice with rotten breath and run away again and win? Might have to dodge a meteor or two. He's actually the easiest demigod if you play him as designed.

Of course gimping yourself by not using scarlet rot or available NPC summons will make the difficulty increase beyond almost all the other remembrance bosses.
This.

I had 2-3 runs of getting sniped like a little bitch before I understood what was going on. But once I found the NPC sigils and nailed him with Rot, he was a joke. He was sooo much easier for me to kill than Rykard. I fucking goddamn hated that piece of shit and mostly because how horrible the camera/targeting is for him as a melee.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This.

I had 2-3 runs of getting sniped like a little bitch before I understood what was going on. But once I found the NPC sigils and nailed him with Rot, he was a joke. He was sooo much easier for me to kill than Rykard. I fucking goddamn hated that piece of shit and mostly because how horrible the camera/targeting is for him as a melee.

With the spear you get in the arena at 6+, flame resist, and mimic tear he’s pretty easy. Especially if you run to his left and target the open wound on his side.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Where's the red dress from the trailer? And how early can it be obtained after arriving in the DLC? Want to get it for my NG lady whenever I get to that point.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1WTF
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright I'm just gonna say it:

The boss mechanics in the DLC are often lazy, uninspired, and bordering on just being plain bad. The humanoid bosses have all been sweet, but stuff like the lion/putrid knight/hippo etc? Fucking awful.

It's all the worst aspects of problem bosses in souls just amped up to 11 - awful camera problems (forget using lockon entirely), massive arenas that bosses just fly around at lightspeed leading to 30 second sprints just to hope to be in range for a swing, seemingly infinite attack chains/combos that have actual 0 downtime in between them. It's like they watched a meme video from the base game about oneshotting bosses with comet azure and just decided no one would ever get to stand still and swing a weapon or cast a spell ever again.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Where's the red dress from the trailer? And how early can it be obtained after arriving in the DLC? Want to get it for my NG lady whenever I get to that point.

Gotta say, your proclivity for turning these games into Barbie dress-up is weird!

I mean there's the FashionSouls nickname, but that's more like "armor doesn't matter much in these games, wear something that looks cool and fun."

• 1Worf

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
IMG_5506.jpeg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Should I dual wield a Claymore for the Lion's Claw ash and the GBGS? 🤔

View attachment 534963
I unga - bunga'ed the base game with a Ruins Greatsword in right hand and Grafted Blade Greatsword in my left hand. I do not recall any of the OG bosses giving me any problems. This DLC is a different issue. I was way over level as I went in blind and thought there was a max level. STR was in the 80's LOL

Chris

Potato del Grande
Alright I'm just gonna say it:

The boss mechanics in the DLC are often lazy, uninspired, and bordering on just being plain bad. The humanoid bosses have all been sweet, but stuff like the lion/putrid knight/hippo etc? Fucking awful.

It's all the worst aspects of problem bosses in souls just amped up to 11 - awful camera problems (forget using lockon entirely), massive arenas that bosses just fly around at lightspeed leading to 30 second sprints just to hope to be in range for a swing, seemingly infinite attack chains/combos that have actual 0 downtime in between them. It's like they watched a meme video from the base game about oneshotting bosses with comet azure and just decided no one would ever get to stand still and swing a weapon or cast a spell ever again.
Get gud.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Hot take: I'm playing through the DLC and re-reading the main 10 books of Malazan book of the fallen at the same time. I pretend the DLC is the shadow realm. Makes the weird shit, weirder.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Finally jumped into the DLC and my parry skills are still pretty decent, Nameless Graveyard Gaol Knight down after a few attempts. No scooby-doo fragments yet but damn it feels good to be back. Hoping the next From game is even better.

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What's your scadu bonus when you killed Messmer? I've only killed like 3 bosses(only 1 with a rememberance) and felt like I got to Messmer way too early.
I was +6 the first time I tried Messmer I think? Also felt l got to him way too early. Came back at +11 and beat him in 4 or 5 tries. Also used the npc summon and I use mimic.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
You know you can run around summoning the warriors from the festival and breathe on him once or twice with rotten breath and run away again and win? Might have to dodge a meteor or two. He's actually the easiest demigod if you play him as designed.

Of course gimping yourself by not using scarlet rot or available NPC summons will make the difficulty increase beyond almost all the other remembrance bosses.
That's what I did the time and I think maybe it took me two goes to beat him.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>

If his slow fat ass has anything to do with it, it would never get written anyhow.

Scooby-snack lvl 10 , just beat Messmer 1st try! The set up / morph video intro's were awesome! Heading to a finger reader to try out this spear I keep reading about.

3-4 days ago I was lost as hell, could not find how to get around the map and almost ready to go to another game. Now I'm loving it! FINALLY unlocking all the map helped immensely

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users