Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Some of the bosses may be shit but goddamn if still doesn't make you stop and just gape at every new area you uncover

Untitled.png

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Where's the red dress from the trailer? And how early can it be obtained after arriving in the DLC? Want to get it for my NG lady whenever I get to that point.
Dancer Mausoleum, far to the southwest in Cerilian coast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Enjoyed the lore, mostly. Really didn't enjoy the progression feel in this. I hope they can figure out something more compelling than the scadu system in their next outing. The final boss was designed to be as obnoxious as possible, but most of the bosses didn't really feel too hard for me.

Kinda blows that you have to either prog to shadowlands or cheese Mohg to actually use these new weapons/ashes before the end of the game. I'd really love to experience a fresher character while tooling around with all this stuff.

Overall I really enjoyed it. I think it's one of those things that I will find myself enjoying more with time.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If you have a friend on the same platform you can trade many things, including weapons or armor. Makes second runs a lot of fun. Stuff like the golden blade, death bird lance, ect are useful to noob characters.

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
There are quite a few items in the base game you can't really enjoy until new game+. Not sure why people have an issue with the DLC being gated behind 2 bosses you can beat before opening Altus Plateau. Basically 1/3 of the way into the game. Just have to do the blaidd quest, though getting the dectus medallion or cheesing the twin abductor virgins is probably faster.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
With the spear you get in the arena at 6+, flame resist, and mimic tear he’s pretty easy. Especially if you run to his left and target the open wound on his side.
Sorry, I can't hear you over the repeated sounds of, "TOGETHHHHAAA" as I repeatedly try and jam my half fire damage pole up his ass, because I'm a stubborn little asshole.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have them but haven't summoned yet. Don't believe you can use in old world content either.
Not sure what you mean here but you can absolutely summon DLC spirits in old world main game. I used Black Knight Captain Huw vs Malenia to see how well he'd do so I assume this spirit is no different.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody know what the point of "no return" is for the DLC? I've heard that if you "beat" the game, you can't access the DLC until NG+? Or is that just bullshit? About to finish up Consecrated Snowfield and Mohgwyn's is probably next. I'm only level 132ish though. I'll probably be 135-137ish by the time I kill Mohg? So, I'm wonder if I should do the DLC and then "beat" the game after, or...?

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

If you took all the dialogue from the game, you might up with maybe 10 minutes worth.

But sure, lets stretch that out into 8 hours of TV. Maybe it will just be a series of slow, panning landscape VFX shots of giant golden trees.

• 1Like

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anybody know what the point of "no return" is for the DLC? I've heard that if you "beat" the game, you can't access the DLC until NG+? Or is that just bullshit? About to finish up Consecrated Snowfield and Mohgwyn's is probably next. I'm only level 132ish though. I'll probably be 135-137ish by the time I kill Mohg? So, I'm wonder if I should do the DLC and then "beat" the game after, or...?

Elden beast. You don't even have to beat all the remembrance bosses to get to ng+. I think you just need 2 or 3 great runes if you want to rush elden beast.

You can kill everything else in the game. Just stop after horah loux if you want the DLC to be easier.

The main game point of no return is malekith. You can burn the tree and kill the fire giant. Just don't kill malekith unless you want to destroy the capitol.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You can drop Elden Beast and still dive into the DLC before starting a NG. In fact if you are a build that needs a lot of stats to get good scaling/access to specific weapons/spells I recommend taking the sword from EB up to Bird Mountain and farming the goobers there to at least get Vit up to 40, hit some key stat thresholds, and pile up any smithing mats you may need. Nothing about the DLC ramps up until you start the NG plus cycle and even then its minor at best (scadoosh levels matter more than character level). The only reason to hold back on EB would be if there was an alternate ending for doing the DLC first, which there does not appear to be.

So the only real point of no return, if you even want to call it that, is losing access to certain things for burning the capitol after Maleketh is done. The main consequence of that is you might miss out on Gransax Spear and a few good war ashes, but you get to snap up the Urd Tree Symbol +2. You probably also want Horah Loux Earth Shaker war ash for the DLC (great all purpose ash that allows any infusion and has a nice PB AoE that can help against invaders) anyhow.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had Maliketh, Horah Loux, and Elden Beast all already downed and had no issues accessing the DLC.

The only thing I had not done to that point prior to starting the new content was actually initiate the final cutscene and start a NG+ at Roundtable Hold.

I think what it boils down to is, access to the cocoon in Mohg's chamber. Once you start a NG+, you obviously lose that access until you get to that point again in the new run.

What I still don't know is what happens to your progress in the DLC if you do that (i.e., do you just lose the ability to access the DLC map altogether until you reach the cocoon again, does the DLC reset, etc).

edit: after checking, I verified I had not initiated the final cutscene

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Gotta say, your proclivity for turning these games into Barbie dress-up is weird!

I mean there's the FashionSouls nickname, but that's more like "armor doesn't matter much in these games, wear something that looks cool and fun."

I like playing as hot chix, bro. Nothing wrong with that.

DARK SOULS™ III_20240611044827.jpg

• 1WTF
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what you mean here but you can absolutely summon DLC spirits in old world main game. I used Black Knight Captain Huw vs Malenia to see how well he'd do so I assume this spirit is no different.

Oh, my bad then. I had it equipped the other day when I was took down Maliketh and was certain it was grayed out.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You know you can run around summoning the warriors from the festival and breathe on him once or twice with rotten breath and run away again and win? Might have to dodge a meteor or two. He's actually the easiest demigod if you play him as designed.

Of course gimping yourself by not using scarlet rot or available NPC summons will make the difficulty increase beyond almost all the other remembrance bosses.

This was Radahn at launch that took a bunch of tries, I didn't have any Scarlet Rot, and had been neglecting Vigor.

Most of ER gave me basically no issue. The few things that did, really did. Radahn, Fire Giant, Malenia. Think there was something else too. Maybe the guy in Castle Sol with the gank squad. On the flipside, Messmer took all of two tries. Wild how people have completely different experiences on difficulty.

Speaking of which, I got Messmer's spear. I don't get the "uzi" talk. It seems like it's just a regular, slow-ish weapon? The L2 special is a very cool sweeping fire attack that's sort of like half of a Waterfowl Dance, and you can throw the spear by holding R2, but it takes a few seconds. How 2 uzi?