Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's barbed great spear on the way to the haunted mansion. Shoots out streams of rune arcs that you can free aim

Ah, I think I totally missed this haunted mansion place. I'm guessing it's in the Abyssal Woods as I hoped outta there pretty quick after meeting the Bloodborne Frenzy Brains On Adderall.

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ah, I think I totally missed this haunted mansion place. I'm guessing it's in the Abyssal Woods as I hoped outta there pretty quick after meeting the Bloodborne Frenzy Brains On Adderall.

If you got to the fly guys you should already have it. I think it's the miniboss that unlocks the area.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you got to the fly guys you should already have it. I think it's the miniboss that unlocks the area.

Looks like I do. Barbed Staff-Spear, with Jori's Inquisition? Would need to re-spec to use it and I'm down to one Larval Tear (re-specced probably 15 times over my NG to NG+++ run). I'll try it out in the next run, assuming it doesn't get nerfed before then.

Probably going to call it a day with From for the time being, wasn't able to beat Midir or Gael in DS3. I usually replay some Souls stuff in October so I'll make a thing out of getting the DS3 plat (which requires a NG+ run which I'll play a caster for to actually see some of the spells I've completely ignored) and the second ER run / beating SOTE. If I can beat Midir and Gael in the meantime that'd be cool because I can't really start an NG+ until I do.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So you're something of a gay classical music fan yourself?
If I am going to spend hundreds of hours staring at the character's ass, I prefer it to be a female ass most of the time. This is true for me of most RPGs, though I will generally do one run of each just to see different story options in game. You apparently prefer to stare at man ass all the time. Remind us again who the gay one is here?

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Alright, I'm finding it hard to believe the DLC ends when it does.

It's hard for me to believe this just flat-out ends with Radahn. I got to the final boss' second form once I summoned someone to trade aggro with, so I finally saw Miquella. He has four arms now? His entire overall look resembled the drawings/emblems of the Formless Mother. It seems like we'll definitely fight him after Radahn. But...we don't? And his likeness to the Formless Mother makes me think that thing will also make an appearance. Are they setting up ER2 / another DLC or are they really just leaving it at this? It's just so abrupt. And Radahn? Really? No Godwyn? No actual Miquella fight? This DLC feels like it's missing the last 20% or so. If this is it for ER, pretty disappointing from a lore perspective.

• 1Seriously?

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This was Radahn at launch that took a bunch of tries, I didn't have any Scarlet Rot, and had been neglecting Vigor.

Most of ER gave me basically no issue. The few things that did, really did. Radahn, Fire Giant, Malenia. Think there was something else too. Maybe the guy in Castle Sol with the gank squad. On the flipside, Messmer took all of two tries. Wild how people have completely different experiences on difficulty.

Speaking of which, I got Messmer's spear. I don't get the "uzi" talk. It seems like it's just a regular, slow-ish weapon? The L2 special is a very cool sweeping fire attack that's sort of like half of a Waterfowl Dance, and you can throw the spear by holding R2, but it takes a few seconds. How 2 uzi?
Not sure how you did not have rot breath, its literally in the same zone and any generic dragon heart can buy it without having to kill even a named dragon to do it. Fire Giant I totally get, especially if you were not cheesing bleed back at release. Melenia is still a giant cunt unless you are post DLC or a god with parry. The Commander guy is easy if you use the charm branch or bring a good summon (Poop Man or Nephili Loux both do well here). But Rahdan at release was not the complete shit show people make him out to be, if you did him the designed intended way and were either a mage or used the rot breath. He was just a lot different than what had come before and people were slow to adapt.

Uzi spear is the spiked spear from Jolyn down in the Abyssal Forest area. Believe me you will know it when you get it. He is the holy caster that keeps calling in adds and spamming holy arcs/teleporting around the entire fight. Not to hard of a fight if you are focused with your strategy or can gib the adds with an AE quickly. Also he really hates Blackflame attacks so the Ancient Rancor Call or Morgot Omen Bairn put the hurt on him.

The Mezzmer spear is great for an all around weapon and the toss is a nice way of pulling things or tapping them at a distance without FP, but the trade off is no strong attacks other than jumping. The Weapon Art is weird (no hits but staggers on initial two hits) but absolutely crushes in PvP due to all the odd hitboxes and changeups you can do with it. Plus its a spear, so......

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

It's hard for me to believe this just flat-out ends with Radahn. I got to the final boss' second form once I summoned someone to trade aggro with, so I finally saw Miquella. He has four arms now? His entire overall look resembled the drawings/emblems of the Formless Mother. It seems like we'll definitely fight him after Radahn. But...we don't? And his likeness to the Formless Mother makes me think that thing will also make an appearance. Are they setting up ER2 / another DLC or are they really just leaving it at this? It's just so abrupt. And Radahn? Really? No Godwyn? No actual Miquella fight? This DLC feels like it's missing the last 20% or so. If this is it for ER, pretty disappointing from a lore perspective.
If you have been reading the lore, Miquella as part of the whole ascent to godhood thing abandoned physical form entirely. Most of it is explained in the arc stakes at those grace spots, but its also hinted at elsewhere. Why the tranny god of sleep needed to bang and or possess his own brother is not entirely clear, but it appears that all the full on gods have both feminine and masculine aspects (Marika/Radigon, Miquella/Saint Trina, ect) and the demigods need a consort to "ascend" to full godhood. Short version, GRRM is a pervert tranny lover so we get R 2.0 as the final boss.

Bald Brah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ni
If you have been reading the lore, Miquella as part of the whole ascent to godhood thing abandoned physical form entirely. Most of it is explained in the arc stakes at those grace spots, but its also hinted at elsewhere. Why the tranny god of sleep needed to bang and or possess his own brother is not entirely clear, but it appears that all the full on gods have both feminine and masculine aspects (Marika/Radigon, Miquella/Saint Trina, ect) and the demigods need a consort to "ascend" to full godhood. Short version, GRRM is a pervert tranny lover so we get R 2.0 as the final boss.

Nothing wrong with saving the world from butt babies.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

It worked for me I guess, maybe I could be swayed with a better "how it shoulda gone"

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I dont think I have ever run out of the Larvals, even without the DLC. Speaking on the Uzi spear, as I have pointed out before if you are either kind of caster you are going to invest in the opposite casting stat because the best Seals and Catalysts in the game are the dual stat ones for scaling (which is all that matters mainhand). So eventually an INT caster is going to have a high Holy damage by default. But even with minimal stat investment in Faith, the Uzi spear is pretty damn good, due to its rapid windup and recovery, plus being a bleed proccing spear and the holy element (a lot of the DLC is weak or indifferent to Holy damage).

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
If I am going to spend hundreds of hours staring at the character's ass, I prefer it to be a female ass most of the time. This is true for me of most RPGs, though I will generally do one run of each just to see different story options in game. You apparently prefer to stare at man ass all the time. Remind us again who the gay one is here?

Do you not get enough from your wife or something?

I mean I'm just fucking with you guys in general, but at the same time I do find it weird when men choose to overwhelmingly make their characters in games women. The default masculine play method is to imagine yourself as someone and act that out. When boys play with batman figures, they're imagining being batman and kicking thugs' asses. The default feminine play method is to conform the character to your desires. When girls play with batman figures, they give batman a makeover, make him do a tea party, etc. This is a studied difference in men/women.

So yeah I'd expect the default for a man to be making a masculine character, grabbing a sweet looking weapon, and playing as that badass man with badass weapon. Anything else speaks to other factors complicating the default.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not sure how you did not have rot breath, its literally in the same zone and any generic dragon heart can buy it without having to kill even a named dragon to do it. Fire Giant I totally get, especially if you were not cheesing bleed back at release. Melenia is still a giant cunt unless you are post DLC or a god with parry. The Commander guy is easy if you use the charm branch or bring a good summon (Poop Man or Nephili Loux both do well here). But Rahdan at release was not the complete shit show people make him out to be, if you did him the designed intended way and were either a mage or used the rot breath.

Because people knew all of this on week one...

Do you not get enough from your wife or something?

I mean I'm just fucking with you guys in general, but at the same time I do find it weird when men choose to overwhelmingly make their characters in games women. The default masculine play method is to imagine yourself as someone and act that out. When boys play with batman figures, they're imagining being batman and kicking thugs' asses. The default feminine play method is to conform the character to your desires. When girls play with batman figures, they give batman a makeover, make him do a tea party, etc. This is a studied difference in men/women.

So yeah I'd expect the default for a man to be making a masculine character, grabbing a sweet looking weapon, and playing as that badass man with badass weapon. Anything else speaks to other factors complicating the default.

Generally speaking, I prefer to play as dudes in games where the dude is an active part of the story and the story is designed for that character (Nioh, Witcher 3, God of War).

Also in MMOs and other online games where I'm interacting with other people, I'll always be a male. Being a female in an online game feels a lot like pretending to get free stuff, plus dudes might assume you're a chick and treat you differently.

All of that said, if I play a single-player game with a character creator where the game doesn't actually change at all around your character, 9 times out of 10 I'll try to make an attractive female character. Especially in ER where I'll be looking at their backside for a hundred hours in a backless dress.

• 1Cringe

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The default masculine play method is to imagine yourself as someone and act that out.

Do you inject yourself into everything like this or only video games? I don't pretend I am the main character when I play a game. I'm not LARPing, I'm not pretending. I'm playing someone else's story.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do you inject yourself into everything like this or only video games? I don't pretend I am the main character when I play a game. I'm not LARPing, I'm not pretending. I'm playing someone else's story.
Who wants to watch/read/listen to stories about women? GAY!

Speaking of sexy female characters, why don't you pissbabies ask Rykard what happens when you don't call Marty McFuck MA'AM!

1719950109201.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Because people knew all of this on week one...

I mean, scarlet rot has existed in s9me version since DS1, where it was called Toxic. And 12 ARC dragon breath spells are an early thing. If Elden ring was your first soul's game, then I understand but anyone who would play prior games pretty much figured out the rot dragon breath immediately. People were bitching about it in pvp all the way back at release before moonveil even got a single complaint.