Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I couldn’t tell you if my character was a man or a woman except when they give their death scream.
IMG_8628.jpeg

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I don't think it's a disability but I really don't think it adds anything to the game. I don't think there's any real advantage to be had by pausing in a game like this.

That said, I remember if you went to a help screen from the map it would pause or something like that. I did use that a few times but no idea if it still works.

Edit: this is what I did to pause

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I don't think it's a disability but I really don't think it adds anything to the game. I don't think there's any real advantage to be had by pausing in a game like this.

That said, I remember if you went to a help screen from the map it would pause or something like that. I did use that a few times but no idea if it still works.

Edit: this is what I did to pause

Yeah, Ive tried this before, just feels janky and unreliable

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
First toon still has Bayle, Midra, Scadtree and last boss but I got tired of trying to try/juggle different builds on him. I decided to just stay with his primary Arc/Bleed build and bring in one of my other toons that was DLC-ready.

Second toon is going Dex/Faith with the Backhand Blades for now and eventually the Messmer Impaler spear. And even though he was only lvl 142, I’m having a significantly easier time with things the second time through. Divine Beast was a one shot. Rellana took 7-8 tries but I had her down to 25-30% on most of those. And was just Mimic and I this time. And ScadFrags is like 9/5. Enjoying the run so far.

I may do a third but not sure if it will be Int based or Str based.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Radahn is pushing my shit in hard. Best I did was got him down to 25% by riding around on Torrent for 15 minutes and clicking the NPC summons over and over. Seems kinda retarded

• 2Pathetic
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I mean, scarlet rot has existed in s9me version since DS1, where it was called Toxic. And 12 ARC dragon breath spells are an early thing. If Elden ring was your first soul's game, then I understand but anyone who would play prior games pretty much figured out the rot dragon breath immediately. People were bitching about it in pvp all the way back at release before moonveil even got a single complaint.

I don't remember if I knew about rot breath or was using it or what. I just remember that Radahn kicked my ass on week one, just like he kicked everybody else's ass. Then I leveled Vigor up and won and the rest of the game was smooth sailing.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Do you not get enough from your wife or something?

I mean I'm just fucking with you guys in general, but at the same time I do find it weird when men choose to overwhelmingly make their characters in games women. The default masculine play method is to imagine yourself as someone and act that out. When boys play with batman figures, they're imagining being batman and kicking thugs' asses. The default feminine play method is to conform the character to your desires. When girls play with batman figures, they give batman a makeover, make him do a tea party, etc. This is a studied difference in men/women.

So yeah I'd expect the default for a man to be making a masculine character, grabbing a sweet looking weapon, and playing as that badass man with badass weapon. Anything else speaks to other factors complicating the default.
Don't remember what game it was recently, but this topic came up, and we pretty much have the same sentiments regarding it. Just never understood the "I don't wanna look at a man's ass" deal.

Sorry, don't get off on female video game characters, but to each they're own.

Whatever, back to the game, don't want us to shit up the thread with this nonsense.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
With my level 500 , Scadutree 13 / revered 8 unga - bunga toon from the base game I just beat
what looks to me to be a reskinned Radahn with a new name
, that can't be the final boss can it? What in the same sprites with different color clothes NES was that about? He was hard but......... I already beat him a year ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
Last boss is overtuned, so i decided to not waste my valuable time on it due to Toyota Takanashi dev having dementia and use a very specific perfume build to 3 shots him.
He'll be shadow nerf in the next calibration patch.

My final review: 3 shots Last boss/10

Last edited: