Elden Ring - From Software + George RR Martin

Chris

Potato del Grande
Do you not get enough from your wife or something?

I mean I'm just fucking with you guys in general, but at the same time I do find it weird when men choose to overwhelmingly make their characters in games women. The default masculine play method is to imagine yourself as someone and act that out. When boys play with batman figures, they're imagining being batman and kicking thugs' asses. The default feminine play method is to conform the character to your desires. When girls play with batman figures, they give batman a makeover, make him do a tea party, etc. This is a studied difference in men/women.

So yeah I'd expect the default for a man to be making a masculine character, grabbing a sweet looking weapon, and playing as that badass man with badass weapon. Anything else speaks to other factors complicating the default.
I usually make female characters and wasn't always sure why, it just looked better.

I figured it out in Cyberpunk. My second playthrough was as the male character and I noticed that I basically just made myself and wore subdued colours and designs like what I would wear as an introvert. In my first and third playthroughs as the female character I had all kinds of crazy neon clothes/hairstyles and spent time on that.

I identify with male characters too much to use the dress up features. I abandoned the male playthrough.

In Elden Ring it doesn't matter, so my 2nd character is male.

• 3WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ok, so they have said this is it for Elden Ring, no more expansions or DLCs, or sequels. I am frustrated because there is a ton of stuff that is just completely unexplained; stuff that Dark Souls eventually did in DS2 and DS3. Super disappointing knowing that we will never get answers to very fundamental questions.
That's what the TV show, Movie, and future Netflix Anime are for!

You ready for the greatest franchise ever to get milked?!

And as far as females go, the only males in RL I've known to consistently roll female avatars in games were ALL beta males and leftists. So Chris Chris story checks out.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Rolling Sparks Skill to deal more damage than expected.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Rolling Sparks and Wall of Sparks Skills to deal no damage

jackie chan shen hua GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
This Dex/Faith build I'm running with on my second toon is just destroying shit. It's optimized around Messmer's spear but I'm also running with the Backhand Blade as the changeup. And as awesome as the Ash weapon art for the spear is, I actually prefer the BB more. That Blind Spot ash is a fucking cheat code at times.

Those Messmer knights in Shadow Keep that ass raped me so many times on my Bleed toon are little more than a nuisance this time around. I've also got 4 Remembrance bosses down already, including Messmer. Two of those were one shots while Messmer took two attempts again.

Still a ton left to kill and I know more than a few are going to give me trouble but this whole run in general has been sooo much smoother and significantly less rage-inducing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bald Brah

Golden Knight of the Realm
This Dex/Faith build I'm running with on my second toon is just destroying shit. It's optimized around Messmer's spear but I'm also running with the Backhand Blade as the changeup. And as awesome as the Ash weapon art for the spear is, I actually prefer the BB more. That Blind Spot ash is a fucking cheat code at times.

Those Messmer knights in Shadow Keep that ass raped me so many times on my Bleed toon are little more than a nuisance this time around. I've also got 4 Remembrance bosses down already, including Messmer. Two of those were one shots while Messmer took two attempts again.

Still a ton left to kill and I know more than a few are going to give me trouble but this whole run in general has been sooo much smoother and significantly less rage-inducing.

Barbed staff spear power stance will give you a strong ranged option.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
That's what the TV show, Movie, and future Netflix Anime are for!

You ready for the greatest franchise ever to get milked?!

And as far as females go, the only males in RL I've known to consistently roll female avatars in games were ALL beta males and leftists. So Chris Chris story checks out.
I literally voted the furthest right I could today.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Abyssal woods is the worst thing Fromsoft has ever designed, fite me

50 times larger than it needs to be, almost entirely empty space, nonsense quicktime event enemies. Just actually awful

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
So you voted for the punjabi?
No!? I voted for Nigel Farage's party.

I get these snarky leftist comments and you guys don't know a fucking thing.

I think they could benefit from more stats on armour to make armor more rewarding, and some kind of gold currency system. So when you go on a detour and get a mushroom for it, maybe you get gold too to actually by something you want.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users