EQ Never

Eonan

Doer of Things
khaaaaaaan.jpg

belfast_sl

shitlord
I think not being able to group with my friends and gain xp at the same Rae as them, thus remaining the same level as them, is TERRIBLE design in what is supposed to be a social game.
Eh, if you get a permanent regen bonus just for being a certain race, then hell yes there should be a penalty. I wasn't playing at a terribly high level when EQ first came out, but I do recall that having a gnome/dark elf warrior was the kiss of death; they didn't get the racial bash, and ogres couldn't be stunned/trolls got regen. They were inherently a little bit more difficult because of it. When you make your class/race/god combo, the game actually warns you, "Hey dickhead, this combo is going to be REALLY DIFFICULT." I mean, the choice is really laid out in front of you. Now racial abilities/talents/differences are just pick which racial resist you will have, and a bunch of worthless crap that doesn't really make one race better for a particular class. Who wouldn't rather have a choice? Did that even stop there being dark elf or gnome warriors? No. Did the game warning you that "if you want regen, don't want to be stunned from the front, and want level 1 bash for interrupts, you might have to earn a little more exp" make people not go that route? Hell no.

Nothing wrong with differences and choices.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol video was classic. More classic are the comments on YouTube.. I'm playing Wildstar now! Haha fucking liars. If EQN delivers they will come crawling back and SoE knows it.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Lol video was classic. More classic are the comments on YouTube.. I'm playing Wildstar now! Haha fucking liars. If EQN delivers they will come crawling back and SoE knows it.
Re-watch and note the bleep. Was probably referring to player made content.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Given that tweet on the previous page, this wasn't even planned, more like "we just filmed this yesterday so here you go" to appease the people asking why they had not gotten anything when the goal was reached.

Oh well, SOE got what it wanted, free publicity.

Fedor

<Banned>
Best thing is when you slow down the video, he says this "You actually spent the time to slow down the audio? looking for an easter egg? I can't believe you did that. They told me you would. I'm impressed. Well, here you go: That thing in the painting is actually a kobold."

rolx_sl

shitlord
Video...Wow.... speechless.... honestly this kind of scares me for EQN in general. I'm as big fanboi of EQ as much as it gets, but when the game isn't even released yet and they are already straight lying to the base and doing some random shit like this just makes me think bad thoughts about the game.

"When we reach this goal, Sr. Producer Terry Michaels will give a guided video tour of the Black Box where EverQuest Next is being made!"

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Video...Wow.... speechless.... honestly this kind of scares me for EQN in general. I'm as big fanboi of EQ as much as it gets, but when the game isn't even released yet and they are already straight lying to the base and doing some random shit like this just makes me think bad thoughts about the game.

"When we reach this goal, Sr. Producer Terry Michaels will give a guided video tour of the Black Box where EverQuest Next is being made!"
That's a lot of drama for a short vid.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's a lot of drama for ashortvid.
That's probably why some people are upset. They said "Give us X, we will then give you Y". Instead they got X,but gave Z.

If you have these kind of stretch goals with a reward, its probably a good idea to have the reward ready to go or at least give a time-frame in the original announcement.

I just don't think they were willing to give any info before Aug 2nd and were hoping the goals wouldn't be met until after that date.

rolx_sl

shitlord
That's a lot of drama for a short vid.
Your missing the point. The point is that this is the FIRST thing they have promised us. If you do this for us, we will do that for u. So we beef up there promotion hoping for just a little "something" of a glance of "something" like they said. And they flat out gave everyone the finger. If you don't see my point don't quote my shit, your just a retard.