EQ Never

tad10

Elisha Dushku
So basically Tad's saying everything so he can't be wrong. How's that any better than you lambasting Ut? Some of us said specific stuff that will be in the game. I even offered Gogiro(sp) an avatar bet. So much for your theories.
Bet's not with you Flip, it's with Agonizing. Note the last sentence. I listed everything I'm guessing about the game so Agonizing and I can figure out where we disagree and bet about that.

@Agonizing 3 month Avatar bet?

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know nothing about the game but I'd say you are wrong here:
Semi-destructible world/terrain. You target a forest or wooden building with a fireball, it'll burn.
I just don't see it happening and I love destructible terrain. Red Faction for the original Playstation was one of the most fun multiplayer FPS experiences eveeeeeer!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Meh I just don't understand why people are dancing around it. If you have the infoz just lay it out clearly and concisely.

As the French say, put up or shut up.

tad10

Elisha Dushku

I just don't see it happening and I love destructible terrain. Red Faction for the original Playstation was one of the most fun multiplayer FPS experiences eveeeeeer!
That's from a Smed quote about burning down forests.

Tol_sl

shitlord
Seriously though, this thread took the biggest dive into "My dad works at nintendo and told me all about the new donkey kong but I can't tell anyone" that I've seen in ages.

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm

We don't know exactly how much will be destructible:http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=30916&storypage=2

You'll be able to destroy, massive, massive parts of this world, almost all of it. You can light the forest on fire; we have ambition with this thing. We want it to be something where the world you log into, might not be the world you log into in five days. What you saw in WoW's Cataclysm could take place because someone cast a spell that is powerful enough to do something major. We want it to be meaningful.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Seriously though, this thread took the biggest dive into "My dad works at nintendo and told me all about the new donkey kong but I can't tell anyone" that I've seen in ages.
What is honestly surprising is that the thread made it this far without it happening.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can't trash a game based on secret info, drop a tiny bit and stop. That doesn't make much sense so assume you're being trolled.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Well it's super gay... And it's coming from generally good posters...
I have no secret knowledge, no devs talk to me and I talk to no devs. I'm guessing based on released info (tweets, deleted tweets and interviews) and what should logically follow from the tweets and interviews. The closest I've come to Secret Info is friend of a friend of a dev, and I ended up disagreeing with what I was told (immediate beta following SOE Live).

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Well it's super gay... And it's coming from generally good posters...
It's been Utnayan's MO for years and years. He's occasionally right on some super obvious things, and he's parlayed it in his head into him being some sort of MMO version of the guy from the old Fight Back! show.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
Like I said, I don't claim to have every aspect of combat mechanics. I knew classes, playable races, faction info etc. I shared more info with a couple posters via PM.

What's the point to post it here. People just loud talk you and shout you down because they think their opinions are right and they simply aren't. I have better things to do than argue with folks like that. Simply put, they'll see they are wrong soon enough. /shrug

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Like I said, I don't claim to have every aspect of combat mechanics. I knew classes, playable races, faction info etc. I shared more info with a couple posters via PM.

What's the point to post it here. People just loud talk you and shout you down because they think their opinions are right and they simply aren't. I have better things to do than argue with folks like that. Simply put, they'll see they are wrong soon enough. /shrug
Backing Flip!

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Like I said, I don't claim to have every aspect of combat mechanics.
Contraiwise I'm willing to Avatar bet on DCUOish-actiony combat because that logically follows from a destructible world which logically follows from Smed's destroy forests comment. Traditional tab-targeting would make it difficult to target things other than mobs, therefore if EQN has a destructible world it must have some kind of non-tab targeting.

Additionally, since EQN is going to be on the PS4 and you can't have VG style 10 hotbars on a console game, EQN must have a limited hotbar.

Now Smed may have been blowing smoke about destroying the forest, in which case I'm wrong. But I'm willing to bet that he was telling the truth.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Backing Flip!
You've got supporters now Flip. Spill the beans and tell me where I'm wrong. You've got no excuses now.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think we should all just focus on how mildly retarded Agonizing is..

Any leaker wants to impress me..nail the pvp part of EQN. How will it play out and will there be PVE only servers.. That's what I want to know.. Step up RT I mean Agonizing.