EQ Never

Anybody know this Dave Georgeson guy? I didn't mind him on the main presentation, but during the smaller panels I saw him in, he seemed pretty smarmy and a bit used car salesman-ish. Can he be trusted or is he another Paul Barnett?
Yes we know him, to compare him to a used car salesman is not fair to all the used car salesmen.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
As to class switching... What I am getting is that you are going to find that there are classes that fit your play style. It will take a LONG time to "level/tier" and master the skills/weapons of those classes. So much time that you will tend to focus on a few classes that fit your playstyle and not have a character with all 40 fully "tiered out".

Blackwulf

N00b
If you have doubts about Dave Georgeson, remember that he was the producer of Project Offset. Google it. And prepare to be blown away by how far ahead of its time it was.
Interesting. I did a bit of reading, and he's not listed as one of the original founders of the software. He recruited people to work on the game as it ramped up. It was cancelled and most of the key Offset Software people moved to a new studio called Fractiv LLC. Georgeson was not one of them...

So, I get that he's worked on a lot of games. Anyone know him? Like for real? Cause I'm feeling way too much Paul Barnett vibe from him. I wish someone could confirm that I'm wrong.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Interesting. I did a bit of reading, and he's not listed as one of the original founders of the software. He recruited people to work on the game as it ramped up. It was cancelled and most of the key Offset Software people moved to a new studio called Fractiv LLC. Georgeson was not one of them...
Sr. Producer/Director
Namco Bandai Games America

"Recruited and brought the "Project Offset" fantasy FPS project (Offset Software) from design document beginnings to a completed and playable prototype form."

It was cancelled and most of the key Offset Software people moved to a new studio called Fractiv LLC. Georgeson was not one of them...
Probably because he didn't want to go from being a Senior Producer at some big companies, to making indie iPhone games.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I got busy over the weekend and came back to the thread to see what we have found out, only to find 100+ pages... Fuck going through that.

I am wondering if we do need a forum/sub forum to discuss the various aspects fo the game and to consolidate information.
This game should get it's own subforum, if D3 got one.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
How easily/often you can switch between classes/roles will be very important.

If it's just trivial to change from a cloth wearing dps ranged caster to an beefy tank type at a moments notice it will be a joke.

/wonder twin powers activate, form of whatever the fuck I want to be right now

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Actually what's most disturbing here is 11:00+ as they point blank say that there is _no_ limitation to how many classes you can collect. Basically you can have every ability from every class with the only limitation on race restriction.
No. Multiple occasions they mentioned there would likely be a SK/Paladin exclusion. But they did make it clear there would be very few exclusions like that. They should have a Necro/Paladin and Necro/Cleric exclusion too (if Cleric is even in the game).

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I heard Georgeson was a bit rude in the panels. I heard Smedley was really unapproachable, too. There are harsh opinions about him here, but on Twitter he always seemed willing to interact with people. And with as pleased as they seem to all be with themselves, I assumed he would be really approachable at his fan event.

Oh well, I guess you don't become a boss by being a nice guy all the time.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Right now you can switch as long as you are OOC and the switch will be "quick/easy" - expect multiple paperdools and the ability to switch between them with a click.

Terial

Trakanon Raider

If it's just trivial to change from a cloth wearing dps ranged caster to an beefy tank type at a moments notice it will be a joke.

/wonder twin powers activate, form of whatever the fuck I want to be right now
While i agree that the difficulty to change between classes will be paramount to the whole thing, why does nobody seem to give a crap that Elder Scrolls Online is already doing this and everyone is okay with it, but here, everyone hates it. (don't get me wrong, i hate it too, class/role definition is extremely important)
But in ESO you can be a caster, switch to a sword and shield without skipping a beat and then keep on attacking, then switch to a bow and kill a few in the distance, then back to casting.. all while not even changing armor.
If this is okay in ESO, why is it so bad in EQN?

Blackwulf

N00b
Sr. Producer/Director
Namco Bandai Games America

"Recruited and brought the "Project Offset" fantasy FPS project (Offset Software) from design document beginnings to a completed and playable prototype form."

Probably because he didn't want to go from being a Senior Producer at some big companies, to making indie iPhone games.
Uh, I don't wanna quibble with you, Teekay, but that quote is from his own bio. We all talk ourselves up in our bios and resumes. Third party sites regarding Project Offset that I read don't even mention him. For instance:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_Software(granted his part may have been huge, and I just can't find anything saying so)