EQ Never

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
/face. Kill us now.

Also, the map posted pages back killed my soul. Do you people remember nothing about the organization of Norrath? Ugh. Someone needs to call people out when I refuse to type on my POS phone.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
But then no fat ogres.
"Thick and heavy is one of our overall style tenants. The main purpose is to keep characters consistent with the voxel world. Voxels are about the size of a player's foot- so not tiny. Highly detailed little characters wouldn't look good in that environment.

We also need to emphasize that this is a physical, visceral world- to take advantage of the voxel tech. You're no longer running around on an onion skin, and we need to take advantage of that. Large feet and hands emphasize the character's physical connection to the world.

Less detail in the faces accommodates greater facial expressions and enhanced communication. What fidelity you loose in the skin you makeup for in facial mobility.

In deciding the art style goals we worked closely with the design and tech goals, and tried to craft everything into a consistent and engaging look and feel that will age well. It might not be exactly what you expected, but keep an open mind, and let's see what the future brings!

source: I'm the AD
wink.png
"

http://www.reddit.com/user/RosieRap

But ogres do 2 hours of planks every morning.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
http://www.reddit.com/user/RosieRap

But ogres do 2 hours of planks every morning.
Don't deny the joys of workout to our Ogre bros, bro. If squats and clean and jerks work for Big Flex, how can it be wrong?

Well, if factions are going to be as important as devs keep saying they are, emerging cults of Zek, Cazic, etc would be badass. I could see this being interwoven will the idea another poster had about rally calls "pulling" players from a centralized starting zone to found individual racial cities, rediscovering elements of their pre-"Cataclysm" heritage.
This is a fantastic idea on which I would only put a slight twist: Not rediscovery but the time before the Everquest we all know. The start of EQN is Before the FallT, those halcyon days when we all got along, if uneasily. In addition to driving back the Ring of Scale, we get to see the rise of Zek, the uncovering of Cazic, and the emergence of Innoruk. We get to create the world of EQ as we came to it in 1999. EQN isn't an Everquest sequel, its the prequel.

The first person to say Jar Jar, though, is going to get punched through the goddamn Internet. Tread softly on my dreams.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Why is it so bad to have disney graphics? Disney is renowned for their art.
Dumar is being deliberately stupid on this point. Don't ask me why, when he's got enough to yell about still with the uncertainty on EQN combat, even given the McPherson tweet.

SOEmote aside, stylized Disney-Dreamworks-Pixer-Etc. graphics was absolutely the way to go. Even, Tony the tiger won't be that bothersome 5 years from now if they just tone down the armor.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
How dare you mention DND, you heard the devs, "Remember DND? FUCK DND. It's the 90's people, gay, straight, those are just words, stop being so pedantic, we're moving beyond that. We got grails now. Like 4 of them."
TBH, they didn't actually mock DND. What Butler said was: in DnD players help change the world. What they did mock was the EQ Trinity.

Also, I think you're correct about Innoruuk coming back in some form.

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
I apologize for how big this is, but that EQ Fans map is just disgusting. Please help me re-size and add to this with thoughts.

I can't figure out how to put this in a spoiler =/

rrr_img_39927.jpg

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
TBH, they didn't actually mock DND. What Butler said was: in DnD players help change the world. What they did mock was the EQ Trinity.
Yeah I don't know where he keeps 'quoting' that from.

Seems to me that with StoryBricks, the game will be more DND-like because the game will be much smarter.

Randin

Trakanon Raider

Also, I think you're correct about Innoruuk coming back in some form.
My personal theory continues to be that they didn't list Inny, Cazic, and Rallos as gods for roughly the same reason why you wouldn't list Satan as a god when talking about Christianity. I figure that they'll be the demons of the Seraph religion, with perhaps weird cults worshipping them scattered around the world.

Of course, with Mithaniel serving as the god of war, Rallos will need at least a small shift in focus to really work; my guess would be that he'd end up going full Khorne in how he's presented. "Blood for the Blood God; skulls for the Skull Throne," and all that.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I apologize for how big this is, but that EQ Fans map is just disgusting. Please help me re-size and add to this with thoughts.

I can't figure out how to put this in a spoiler =/

rrr_img_39927.jpg
Since Rallos never invaded the Plane of Earth, nor executed a member of the Council. There is no Rathe Mountains, no Lake Rathetear. They would not exist.

Im still sticking by this is Velious. No ice, no scars. edit: Because I like being wrong.