EQ Never

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I can't think of a good reason why every race shouldn't be able to be every class. If an Ogre wanted to be an enchanter, then why not? They'd be at a disadvantage due to lower intelligence, but that's their problem. Outside of "because Eq did it" there's no reason someone shouldn't' be able to live with a disadvantage if they so choose

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I can't think of a good reason why every race shouldn't be able to be every class. If an Ogre wanted to be an enchanter, then why not? They'd be at a disadvantage due to lower intelligence, but that's their problem. Outside of "because Eq did it" there's no reason someone didn't be willing to live with s disadvantage if they do choose
The problem is that there won't be any disadvantage. That word doesn't exist in modern game design.

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
The problem is that there won't be any disadvantage. That word doesn't exist in modern game design.
These days disadvantage is synonymous with denial of service. Sure, I would be up for an ogre being the worst of the worst enchanters, but I doubt SOE has the balls to do something that makes that much sense.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Only the underworld is randomly generated, the surface world persists. Details are hazy but I expect collateral damages like trees and small holes to regen fast, while uncovered handcrafted content stays accessible until the whole underworld is recreated (earthquake server reset). I assume the latter happening maybe once a week on average, but its pure guesswork.

Only the underworld is randomly generated, the surface world persists. Details are hazy but I expect collateral damages like trees and small holes to regen fast, while uncovered handcrafted content stays accessible until the whole underworld is recreated (earthquake server reset). I assume the latter happening maybe once a week on average, but its pure guesswork.
the boss fight they showed during the preview, think it was the tier 3 fire/lava area, seemed very very "instancey". it looked as if they tunneled into a throneroom.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I'm sort of hoping their tiers aren't always occurring in order. It would be nice to have to go to Rather Mountains which may be a T3 zone to get to a T2 underworld zone. Would definitely add a greater sense of adventure to haveto travel through a very tough area to get to where you need to go.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
The first time maybe. After that it's just annoying as fuck sitting there waiting as somebodies girlfriend needs to be guided through Siren's Grotto.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
You'd think that would work but she couldn't figure that out either. Guildchat was filled with 10 minutes of 'LOL IT'S NOT WORKING HEHEHE"

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am pretty sure alot of how this plays out will depend almost entirely on how resource hungry landmark gets under a full load. If landmark performs well and doesn't melt they will allow more collateral damage etc. If landmark struggles then we will see stuff like them really clamping down on what is destructible and how it is destructible.

In terms of waiting for slow ass people to make their way across the world, I hope they add a world wide CoTH with a high cost associated with it, or some system similar to darkfalls portal shard summoning. DFs system was a good compromise between making travel trivial and making getting to your friends a brutal exercise.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
If they want keying to play a role why not let crafters in on the action? If a crafter or a guild has the key they should be able to duplicate the key through rare/semi materiels out in the world, this would alleviate back keying.

I also like what EQ1 did where every 5 people with keys could push through 1 person without a key.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am pretty sure alot of how this plays out will depend almost entirely on how resource hungry landmark gets under a full load. If landmark performs well and doesn't melt they will allow more collateral damage etc. If landmark struggles then we will see stuff like them really clamping down on what is destructible and how it is destructible.
I would bet money this is the main reason for them doing eq landmark. Really go nuts on the engine do everything possible to it using the most extreme building/destroying possible in a high population area and see how bad this makes peoples computers explode. Then use that data to adjust the boundries of what you will allow in eqnext.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Rogosh, since you negged me for saying a key like the VT key should never be in a game again, please explain how it wasn't a complete shit as far as key design goes

xzi

Mouthbreather
I like the idea of crafters playing a bigger role in the world than they generally do. No game hasreallydone that. I sorta doubt EQN will, but who knows. I mean something more than just making a gem or a sword. But then again I guess that's all you really need is +1 gooder.