EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The tower plat is a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of cash Kunark shits out.

Mobs in Chardok drop 5-10 raw plat per kill in addition to gems, herbs, etc, and there's box crews in there grinding 24/7 every day.

Mobs in Seb all drop piles of gems and spells along with raw plat are the entire zone is being genocided 24/7 across 15 picks at once.

Kunark class armor vendors for 300-500 plat per item. Go check out some merchants around FV or other travel hubs sometime and see how much of that is being vendored.

Just wait until the big PL crews get fully up to speed and are AEing Seb for 12 hours at a time. Last time I logged one of their groups they generated over 100k in 4 hours from raw plat/gems/vendor fodder.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Does the AA point you get for doing the key quests also repeat, or just the 500 plat?

Because if the AA also repeats...then LOL.

Well, my strategy of "playing normally" and buying what I need has fallen apart in the face of this new plat influx that everyone and their mother is going to know about by this evening.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who's winning on Tormax? Who's the best poop so king guild there?

• 1Worf

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
tumbleweed GIF

• 1Worf

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Who's winning on Tormax? Who's the best poop so king guild there?
Apparently Crushbone on Teek has more people than Tormax does for the whole server.

Today Teek has been passing 700 in CL base pick alone and it keeps causing the zone to crash.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's wild how bad Tormax is. I thought it'd surely be a medium to low pop server, because of 99ers and people afraid of Mischief style loot, but I was way off. At this point can they even justify keeping the server up with that little interest? You'd have to do some server vote shit or something to modify the ruleset too, maybe that's the way to go.

Wonder how much is people not wanting an Aradune clone and how much is just Teek being the omega server it is.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I knew about the plat from key quests like a week ago. I know someone that's just been running them on fresh chars over and over for raw plat, and they were doing this before every key quest had stacks of npc's from people's quests, but I didn't think it actually handed out the AA's. If you can repeat them (the person I know was making new chars, so I assumed you can't bank more than 5 aa's) than that's real fucked.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's wild how bad Tormax is. I thought it'd surely be a medium to low pop server, because of 99ers and people afraid of Mischief style loot, but I was way off. At this point can they even justify keeping the server up with that little interest? You'd have to do some server vote shit or something to modify the ruleset too, maybe that's the way to go.

Wonder how much is people not wanting an Aradune clone and how much is just Teek being the omega server it is.
I don't get how anyone thought it would have any population. What's the point of it? Literally no point whatsoever. If you want classic, you have other options that are more classic and are free, which is a big deal for the playerbase that plays EQ (most are trailer park crackheads).

Literally all you get is the launch rush and that's it. You can get that on Teek.

0 point in Tormax.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Ideally they should announce that all boxing restrictions are lifted on Tormax as of the next patch, that loot is now FV style, and that Xfers from Teek to Tormax are free for a month. That'll allow a fair amount of multiboxers who want a quieter environment to move over and reduce the Teek population a bit, as well as anyone else who wants FV loot without all the overcrowding. People who want the randomized FV loot stay on Teek, people who want normal FV loot and boxing go to Tormax. That might actually balance things out from 98/2 to 70/30 or something more reasonable.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
<Mess> on the board with Trakanon downed. Grats to Mess

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
It never occurred to me that with personas, I can finally be a necro with all the summons of a mage, just for the cost of levelling again. Just the water/food and bandages are useful without levelling him yet. I'll just level him when I start up my other box.

I mean I used to joke with an old mage guildy that they were just gonna get rid of the mage class and merge all the abilities with Necro, I ever expected it to actually happen lol.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It never occurred to me that with personas, I can finally be a necro with all the summons of a mage, just for the cost of levelling again. Just the water/food and bandages are useful without levelling him yet. I'll just level him when I start up my other box.

I mean I used to joke with an old mage guildy that they were just gonna get rid of the mage class and merge all the abilities with Necro, I ever expected it to actually happen lol.
Shit true. I'm always begging mages for items as BST/SHM. I just need to make a mage persona and then never talk to them again. hell yea.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

Not sure about TLP but on TAKP the focus effect gear mages can summon is pretty OP as well

TheRealmOnline

Golden Squire
Neckbeards over here trying to make some $$ on Krono flippin EQ while the chads are squeezing them shorts over at $GME. If only you EQ autists would apply your wrinkly brains to bigger markets.