EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Dude just no. This isn't a big ask...

Dude has never seen a Mage FD on a raid before.

edit: if they add focus effects to the gear it's actually just fucked. Wonder if that focus works pre-luclin. The other pet Foci work in Kunark.

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Oh, I see. You don't understand. This is about RAID GROUPS, not regular groups.

Here's what happens.

You kill a boss, 5 minute combat timer. Two ways to bypass this:

A: Leave zone (not happening until banners)
B: log out

If you log out in a RAID you are REMOVED from the raid. If 35+ casters do this, your raid groups are fucking DESTROYED and not only do you have to reinvite 35+ people one at a time and lock/unlock the raid at brain hemorrhaging intervals because of other peoples computers different loadspeed and their IQ.

So now you get to slot people into the groups, or in case of all caster groups, make the group entirely all over again, after EVERY boss kill.

No fucking way.
It’s generally only clerics or the occasional sweaty dps logging once they hit oom. Group leaders just add them asap when they come back into game because the raid stays unlocked. We did this on Mischief from GoD til Solteris.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean casters would do that before OOC regen just to clear aggro. Not exactly a big deal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hEKK

Molten Core Raider
All you retards complaining about tower gear would be gone once luclin hits. Muhhh classic

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why do TLPs exist again?

We have live gear and live infinite regen now, what's left? Just turning off content for an arbitrary time gate?

Attachments

• mass hysteria.gif
    mass hysteria.gif
    932.7 KB · Views: 5

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
With the earring being all/all look out for Wizard, Shaman, Enchanter and SK pet action. Wolf bros and Flaming Sword of Xuzl are already pretty good.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll still have to see the change in regen in action. But if its anything like the QOL that that small bit of mana regen from the tower gear brought to the table - it'll be a massive gain for casters in general. Common sense use of mana should of course always win out, but its use should have wholly been based around toeing the line for aggro and not "well I better only nuke once or else it'll look like I'm AFK when we fight the next mob."

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Oh, I see. You don't understand. This is about RAID GROUPS, not regular groups.

Here's what happens.

You kill a boss, 5 minute combat timer. Two ways to bypass this:

A: Leave zone (not happening until banners)
B: log out

If you log out in a RAID you are REMOVED from the raid. If 35+ casters do this, your raid groups are fucking DESTROYED and not only do you have to reinvite 35+ people one at a time and lock/unlock the raid at brain hemorrhaging intervals because of other peoples computers different loadspeed and their IQ.

So now you get to slot people into the groups, or in case of all caster groups, make the group entirely all over again, after EVERY boss kill.

No fucking way.
Depending on the zone, you can also just evac and run back or get COTH'd. Obviously not viable for every raid zone, but most people playing now will have quit before you hit those expansions.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Daidraco Daidraco , I finished my ui. If you are available anytime to help with getting a tower key, that'd be great.

The Office Monday GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

EQ000009.jpg

EQ000013.jpg

EQ000014.jpg

Also, I have like 500 spider silk if anyone needs any.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Pet focuses only work for the 3 main pet classes.

Looking at the Minion of Darkness specifically the restrictions on the focus don't exclude other kinds of pets but every single item with Minion of Darkness is NEC/MAG/BST only.

Some time on Test would answer all that though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Is that focus effect actually going to work on the earring? Had thought it would be disabled like the rest, but I guess there were some pet focus effects that are enabled already.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am chuckling at the focus pet effect. Its not like the Mage Epic was already barely worth getting, but lets just add another reason to not bother at all.