EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some dude in commonlands has been buying krono and selling for only a few hundred plat higher, and dropping both slowly throughout the day. Wonder if he’s trying to drop the price of krono on the server, seems to be somewhat working at least until he logs or runs out of money or krono
Im always impressed at the amount of people that buy Krono as much as they do. We were talking in guild the other day about someone selling a water staff for like 25 krono? Or 45.. cant recall. But thats asinine. Phinny's loot is generally shit, but it shouldnt be that rare. But yea, its fucking Kunark. I can see some Vulak shit being crazy on the open market, but .. an epic piece for a mage? /gag Im somewhere around 260 JC'ing on my enchanter and that cost a little bit of money - I knew it was a loss. But why would I spend 700 on earrings when I can just spend 4 krono's worth getting JC'ing done myself? (sarcasm, feels bad man).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Im always impressed at the amount of people that buy Krono as much as they do. We were talking in guild the other day about someone selling a water staff for like 25 krono? Or 45.. cant recall. But thats asinine. Phinny's loot is generally shit, but it shouldnt be that rare. But yea, its fucking Kunark. I can see some Vulak shit being crazy on the open market, but .. an epic piece for a mage? /gag
There’s a lot of crack smokers trying to sell shit. I just assume that they don’t actually sell any of it. I can’t think of anything I’d actually pay more than a few krono for, and people are trying to sell blood ember greaves for 12 krono

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Phinny is fucked because IIRC he was taking up like all the loot pools in Classic Mischief so they confined him to himself and now with a 7 day lockout (the fuck) your chance at getting a water staff is like basically once a month.

Daidraco

Phinny is fucked because IIRC he was taking up like all the loot pools in Classic Mischief so they confined him to himself and now with a 7 day lockout (the fuck) your chance at getting a water staff is like basically once a month.
They coded something very "fucky" with kedge keep in general. How much Kedge loot did everyone get while they were leveling? Bet you it was at least a fucking 40 slot backpacks worth. All fucking useless vendor shit.

But yes. I know the staff is rare. Its just not valuable enough "to me" to pay anywhere near 25 krono for it to complete my epic. The other thing fighting mages for the staff is that it is selling for so much krono, that people arent even inviting Mages into the DZ to kill Phinny just so they dont have to give it up as a pity fuck. So peoples characters are saved all the time, which.. fuckin hell. Thats just bad news, and if I was maining a mage - Id just put the whole idea on the backburner.

Sterling

El Presidente
It's all relative. Mischief just changed how people look at loot/krono costs. If you wanted to get some random item and it cost you 10 krono or whatever it's just what it costs and you make a pile of krono every week so it all works out, just how free loot works.

yerm

Theres also 8 billion mages. If there were a trillion druids like there are mages and monks, maybe pods of seawater would be 10kr, or if there were that many necros instead of mages itd be 90kr for their sky part.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Had several people in game ask me what I think about these propaganda leaflets / Vindaven videos, and I haven't had time to watch most of them yet, but quite frankly Vindaven is a talented video maker and this is all good shit. If we weren't on opposing sides in a feud I'm sure I'd be a fan. This brings me back to the olde days of seeing Triton and the other top guilds putting out videos to dunk on each other.

Server has been very competitive for sure and Relentless deserves their props. As for us, everyone's got kids and shit now, and can only go full-tilt at EQ in doses. Yeah, it sucks. We're all officially getting "too old for this shit" and that's just the way it is, as Bruce Hornsby would say.
I mean don’t we all. That’s why OW hits in sub 10 minutes are key.
Pretty disappointing in how easy it was to make faceless just roll over after being challenged. Especially after talking such a big game. Faceless leaders literally taking away the batphone from the guild at this point, very sad.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I mean don’t we all. That’s why OW hits in sub 10 minutes are key.
Pretty disappointing in how easy it was to make faceless just roll over after being challenged. Especially after talking such a big game. Faceless leaders literally taking away the batphone from the guild at this point, very sad.
You're kind of stupid. Who took a batphone away? What are you even talking about?

• 1Truth!

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They coded something very "fucky" with kedge keep in general. How much Kedge loot did everyone get while they were leveling? Bet you it was at least a fucking 40 slot backpacks worth. All fucking useless vendor shit.

But yes. I know the staff is rare. Its just not valuable enough "to me" to pay anywhere near 25 krono for it to complete my epic. The other thing fighting mages for the staff is that it is selling for so much krono, that people arent even inviting Mages into the DZ to kill Phinny just so they dont have to give it up as a pity fuck. So peoples characters are saved all the time, which.. fuckin hell. Thats just bad news, and if I was maining a mage - Id just put the whole idea on the backburner.
Aren't we about to get an earring that comes close to what the Epic does? I play a mage and could care less about the epic.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Aren't we about to get an earring that comes close to what the Epic does? I play a mage and could care less about the epic.
Not even close. The mage epic pet is all 4 pets in one, and the earring BUFFS that pet. The other pets are, at this point, maybe HALF of the epic pet.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not even close. The mage epic pet is all 4 pets in one, and the earring BUFFS that pet. The other pets are, at this point, maybe HALF of the epic pet.
We won't see the focus on that earring until Luclin right?

Xevy

Log Wizard
We won't see the focus on that earring until Luclin right?
Pet focuses work currently on things like broom/shovel/necro book. I believe minion of focus is a completely different thing than a caster focus, so afaik it will work as soon as people get it, even pre luclin.

Math works out on epic pet getting 5% more damage and 10% more hp with it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Pet focuses work currently on things like broom/shovel/necro book. I believe minion of focus is a completely different thing than a caster focus, so afaik it will work as soon as people get it, even pre luclin.

Math works out on epic pet getting 5% more damage and 10% more hp with it.
Ah that's spicy.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
You're kind of stupid. Who took a batphone away? What are you even talking about?
Uhh that would be you. I mean but the complete lack of even attempting to show up in OW after getting your shit pushed in really says it all.
IMG_2285.png

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
...I finally realized wtf it was that happened there. He must have been in the same camp, in a pick that collapsed, and didn't realized he'd zoned. So from his perspective I was suddenly in his camp KSing things. Explains why he insisted he'd been there for hours, while I had in fact been there for hours. Never really thought about it until this week when I got pick-collapsed into someone else's camp and a lightbulb went off.
I've had that happen where a group wipe/train happens and we zone back in to a completely different pick. If you aren't keeping track of where you were, you might go back to 'your' camp and find another group sitting there and cause a little bit of contention.

Tlpman

Golden Knight of the Realm
We haven't batphoned in 36 hours+ in Faceless

I'm guessing its over. People telling me they are bored AF.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
We haven't batphoned in 36 hours+ in Faceless

I'm guessing its over. People telling me they are bored AF.
Not having batphoned since...yesterday; must seem like a big deal when your guild dies in Luclin I guess?

Tlpman

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not having batphoned since...yesterday; must seem like a big deal when your guild dies in Luclin I guess?

Would have been nice if you'd have been forthcoming about the Teek Faceless guild not being the priority. Literally no capable leaders running the guild when leadership is raidng on other servers several nights a week. BORING