EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
Its funny to me that after all the shit talking, now faceless doesn't care about OW targets. Sure went from "grats on winning 1 race, now its 43 to 1" to "actually we already won kunark we don't care about OW targets" pretty friggin fast. Really disappointed in you guys and sad I missed the brief competition. As soon as I hit 60 you guys turn into a dz guild, wack

Should probably level faster next time and not miss server launch stuff.

I’m not a huge fan of the tower loot situation myself but here we are.

I’ll attend a bat phone if called because I am a competitive guy but taking the sperg mask off for a moment the loot situation is a real issue.

I mean at this point doing some of this raiding is like camping efreeti.

I mean, the traditional point of open world in a competitive server is to get an edge on loot along with standard bragging rights of competition - and the loot aggregation would build critical mass for future domination. That dynamic doesn’t really exist right now.

it will work itself out by when, pop? Definitely not before luclin when focus effects come in.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The worst stretch at least as a caster is the level 70 era. Meleequest is real.

Yeah the 70 gap is so long and filled with some of the more boring expansions. At least DoN is combined now. So OoW/Don shouldn't be too bad, DoDh is fine. PoR can just diaf though.

But man you get through that 70 era and it really starts to pick up and become a lot more fun. Problem is most fade before this. The purist who only like classic > pop, the constant re-rollers who will join every new TLP, which usually launches around the time the previous server is about to get to GoD.

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
When you're right, you're right. live and learn. not gonna make the same mistake on the 30 year anniversary tlp server

can’t wait till EverQuest gets into the real estate business and gets a welfare nursing home going for the 50th edition.

either that or pantheon launches sometime between now and then

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will be curious , if these things are still going 20 years later and A bunch of 65 year old men talking shit like they are still in high school, trying to stay up to race to level first or wake up to batphones.
Old Man Fighting GIF by Laff

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
Will be curious , if these things are still going 20 years later and A bunch of 65 year old men talking shit like they are still in high school, trying to stay up to race to level first or wake up to batphones.
Old Man Fighting GIF by Laff

going to get legit ugly when people start keeling over. Fuck it better than going to Sunday school luncheons and dominos

Imagine going out keeling over your keyboard in a final moment of glory as you spam unholy on contesting venril sathir after socking him for 12 hours while you have a pocket full of tower5.0 loot.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Everyone is gonna turn in to Healup eventually

Calling each other faggots from room to room in the nursing home

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Zerm

Golden Knight of the Realm
DoN-PoR is a real drag.

DoDH has fun progression and and demi is fun in its own right ( minus sisters ) TSS is great, howver GoD is the best imho. complicated fast race and so much to do and stay busy with.

TairyGreene

Golden Knight of the Realm
I got frustrated with my mage and rolled a zerker during TSS. At lvl 75 with no AAs, no idea how to play the class really, and some weapon I bought off the baz for like $1k, the zerker was equalling my mage's dps who had good gear and a few thousand AA.

dunno about other casters but my mage only got marginally better in TSS/TBS. SoF is when it finally got markedly better.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Kunark leveling sucks ass, if theyre doing all these "QOL" additions, they really need to bring hot zones in because fuck seb and fuck chardok

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the tower loot is really killing a lot of the loot desire. I hope this isn't a regular thing in future TLPs. The gear should've matched group gear for each era, even if that means making 30 sets for each expansion.
The gear is made for a live server, why would they take the time to make 30 sets for like 3 TLP servers?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I mean, the second that regen patch hits we're basically playing on a live server, just with an arbitrary level and content cap on it.

They spent a decade of these servers trying to make them closer to 'classic' EQ, only to pull a complete 180 on this one and throw all that out the window for some reason.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kunark leveling sucks ass, if theyre doing all these "QOL" additions, they really need to bring hot zones in because fuck seb and fuck chardok

I know the purist would hate it, but I would take bazaar early too. I despise the tunnel.

Last edited:
  • 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Its funny to me that after all the shit talking, now faceless doesn't care about OW targets. Sure went from "grats on winning 1 race, now its 43 to 1" to "actually we already won kunark we don't care about OW targets" pretty friggin fast. Really disappointed in you guys and sad I missed the brief competition. As soon as I hit 60 you guys turn into a dz guild, wack

We went hard for a couple weeks, now real life has to catch up.

See you in Velious.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
We went hard for a couple weeks, now real life has to catch up.

See you in Velious.
I think this server is going to have an accelerated burn out rate between each expansion due to the tower gear at least for a couple expansions. People just aren't going to see a reason to raid non stop once they have downed everything for the expansion when a lot of the gear is inferior to what they got at the Chuckee Cheese Prize Booth in the tower.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Will be curious what they do. There is 7 more levels. We know ear is coming. So that leaves ring and belt for the last non-vis. Then what? Still 4 more levels. Do they actually go crazy and give you vis/weapons? I could see the final level being a weapon. Bracer and ranged would probably be the least impactful ones. Leaving all the armor typical armor slots(head, chest, arms, legs, boots).

Will see, it's certainly turning this TLP into something different, good or bad.

Sterling

El Presidente
Even as a melee, level 70 expansions drag on for fucking ever. They really need to combine some of them.
I agree that the 70 stretch is bad for everyone, it just happens to be 10x worse for casters
I got frustrated with my mage and rolled a zerker during TSS. At lvl 75 with no AAs, no idea how to play the class really, and some weapon I bought off the baz for like $1k, the zerker was equalling my mage's dps who had good gear and a few thousand AA.

dunno about other casters but my mage only got marginally better in TSS/TBS. SoF is when it finally got markedly better.
The 75 expansions narrow the gap, but yeah SoF is much, much better as a caster. The 85 expansions are very caster friendly so there's that I guess?!?