EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Level 2 Magicians are nice because you can get through the tower with a couple of them and nothing else. With buffs and/or gear you can solo them on just about anyone at level 1.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
lol @ my buddy and anyone else who paid 5kr for tower gear in the first week. Props to the folks who got rich on that hustle. Last I saw sets were going for like 1/3 of a krono.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea it was pretty wild how many sets of gear people were able to sell a krono per item.

The whole thing takes actually 0 effort, the idea that anyone was paying any amount of money for the stuff is just absurd

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You can buy the coins for 4k now for a full set, which is like 1/6th of a krono. Just need someone to turn them in for you if you haven’t done the missions

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You can buy the coins for 4k now for a full set, which is like 1/6th of a krono. Just need someone to turn them in for you if you haven’t done the missions

The price of coins has really dropped, not even worth selling them now IMO. Might as well just hold onto them for your own items so you don't have to keep farming tower with a low level character.

That said, I could see someone making reasonably decent plat still if they actually feel like farming tower every six hours (or whatever the lockout is) and have a high level Druid parked outside for buffs.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The price of coins has really dropped, not even worth selling them now IMO. Might as well just hold onto them for your own items so you don't have to keep farming tower with a low level character.

That said, I could see someone making reasonably decent plat still if they actually feel like farming tower every six hours (or whatever the lockout is) and have a high level Druid parked outside for buffs.
Yeah I’ve sold some, can get 122 per day per character just doing it once before work and once after. I only have 2 chars to run it, but it’s still about 9.2k for about 30 minutes of tower runs. I only occasionally do it anymore though.

Tlpman

Golden Knight of the Realm
Monks are currently so far above the pack that any good wizard can't do fuck all about it. They are MECHANICALLY broken. As in there is some fuckery allowing them to do insane amounts of damage.

The monks that know will not be beaten by any other class right now, it's not even a contest.

This is being patched in July. Equipping non-usable monk weapons to benefit from the damage bonus is a known bug and confirmed to be in the July Patch.

Better get those wizards leveled while you can!

1719948685852.png
1719948703637.png

Can't wait for the suspension wave to follow this one!

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Not seeing any of those vague contextless quotes in the official discord.

Also don't bother with the Wizards, stick to monk if pushing more than 2 buttons is too much work, you won't parse on a Wiz anyway.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is being patched in July. Equipping non-usable monk weapons to benefit from the damage bonus is a known bug and confirmed to be in the July Patch.

Better get those wizards leveled while you can!

View attachment 535182View attachment 535183

Can't wait for the suspension wave to follow this one!
Who told lil' bro!

Shux, we didn't even have time to mass farm Staff of the Wheel's to sell you guys before it got nerfed. Unfortunate!

• 1Midwit
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
lol @ my buddy and anyone else who paid 5kr for tower gear in the first week. Props to the folks who got rich on that hustle. Last I saw sets were going for like 1/3 of a krono.

I paid 3KR week one and it was worth every plat. It was very helpful for my Plane of Fear farming, it more then paid for itself. Time= Money. It definitely would've been more expensive to farm a set.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So your "leet new Monk tech" was something i've been doing on Rangers since Phinny.
No, you doofus.

With the addition of personas, you can equip items your character cannot currently equip. The item turns yellow and you don't actually get the stats from it.

Except damage bonus. For some reason, damage bonus was applying for the yellow weapon to hand to hand attacks.

This meant that monks, who use hand to hand and leave their hands OPEN could equip weapons with a very high delays and benefit from the high damage bonus. This was good on normal mobs, but on MOTM mobs damage bonuses aren't mitigated. This is what used to make Treant Fists from Sky so good. They were H2H and had a damage bonus. This only effects monks as they're the only class who doesn't equip weapons in their hands. This would also most likely be a wash once Velious hit and good H2H weapons came out as those have weapon bonuses baked in. They could also remedy the situation by giving naked H2H a damage bonus, which they should have to begin with.

We found out because our monks were just using weapons for the graphics and ornaments and they were very competitive and they kept analyzing how equivalent geared monks were hitting harder than each other. Then they figured it out.

Hopefully they just nerf the damage bonus and leave the ability to equip other weapons in your hands, because running around with a mage epic as a shaman or a SK epic as a ranger looks pretty cool.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Well, the cat's out of the bag now. Don't ban me for fashion questing with Robes of Smothering and Phinny staves on a monk.

• 1Worf

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
No, you doofus.

With the addition of personas, you can equip items your character cannot currently equip. The item turns yellow and you don't actually get the stats from it.

This isn't something new you retard. Chars have been able to equip Yellow DEITY restricted items for a really long time. Arrows don't give you stats, arrows give your bow stats. Rangers can use Deity restricted Arrows like Blessed Guardian Arrows even if you aren't the correct Diety you would still get the damage.

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This is a new usage brought about by personas. Monks didn't have a way to equip such weapons before. You can equip the arrows because it matches the class restrictions. That's not the same as a monk equipping a mage epic or other higher damage item.

A little extra arrow damage doesn't compare to damage bonus from high damage weapons, either.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
AFAIK it wouldn't give the damage either, just the elemental damage. Not sure how big a part flat damage does on Rangers, but I don't understand outside of Emp why you'd just want elemental damage.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Back in Luclin there was a bug for a time where you could mix and match ranged weapons, thrown weapons, ammo, etc. It let you do things like shoot summoned Shissar Fangs with your bow as though they were arrows and some other shit I can't quite remember. It's weird seeing a version of that bug show up like 22 years later.