EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Are they having this problem on Tormax? I don't hear any complaining.

I'm not hearing much of, well, anything. We got any Tormax representatives here?

Landscape Tumbleweed GIF

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Confirmed... All 0 of the 0 kronos I had are still there.

Don't live by krono, don't die by krono.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Would like to see Zaide Zaide take a splinter group over to Tormax and beat Phara Dar, just so the server can have a W.

TheRealmOnline

Golden Squire
I paid 43k for my last krono lol. Took like 2 hours to get it broadcasting at 43k. Raid logging till Luclin now I guess. Get giant armor in Velious maybe an item or two from Vulak tier. Odd market this Free trade shit is ... guessing the Tower gear really just shat over most the demand for items.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The tower ring that just dropped is better than Vulak and AoW rings unless you’re a tank and maybe an Ench. Tower gear has fucked the server early on and made raiding a lot less meaningful in general. It’s a shame.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 7 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am sure others are upset, but imo raiding doesnt get interesting till at least luclin, usually later. So this gear this early is no biggy to me.

Only chase item I want is a gnome mask. Something I have never gotten because of how ST worked.

All the other stuff have gotten in previous TLP. Vulak loot, dozekar etc. No need for nostalgia drops.

And not like EQ is hard, so this gear hardly matters there.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The tower ring that just dropped is better than Vulak and AoW rings unless you’re a tank and maybe an Ench. Tower gear has fucked the server early on and made raiding a lot less meaningful in general. It’s a shame.

Yeah, at first I was happy about Tower gear and the possibilities created by increased mana regen, etc. Glad that it helps "group-geared" players do more content without raiding, and all that. However gear is so trivialized by it at the high end that I hardly have anything to shoot for at this juncture. Tower gear totally overrides half your Kunark/Velious gear and it'll still have a big impact on Luclin and PoP (at least at the launch of PoP) as well. Going to have to wait until PoTime to have the full spectrum of upgrades available again, more likely than not.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
The one poor punching bag from Tormax that posts in official discord posted a pic of a Gorenaire kill, not sure if PD has been downed yet but safe to assume the hole is open.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Tower could have given only augs and we'd get to enjoy the inflated power without all the trivialized gear slots.

• 4Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Time for a new stream in Qeynos sewers

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I mean what was DPG thinking allowing the best gear in game until maybe PoP be attainable by a level 2. (Yes I understand they can actually get the gear until 55)

Tower should not have been accessible on Teek/Tormax.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It’s not even about the power of the gear so much as it is the chase for bis and just gearing your characters in general is a big part of the fun and that has been short circuited. As a player with full tower gear I don’t “feel” more powerful because the game is already so trivial. It does suck that in 20 minutes you are bis in like 8 slots though.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
An item like the phara dar cloak which is a massive item for a healer, huge mana pool and a focus you generally wont ditch without aten legs or pop gear? Totally useless at 55. This was one of the things I was thinking about gunning for when I decided to play here, but nope. Next expansion will have that endless neck slot bonanza that nobody wants. Coldain shawl is useless, unless you really REALLY wanna summon dains for random loot, since dain himself will be all useless loot if a belt comes along.

Mudflation, whatever. Just dont literally kill off gear slots.

• 2Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys, just so you know, dragon horde and tradeskill depot are available on Teek. You buy it once and it's good all servers and toons. With 8 slot backpacks and horde, you can store about 250ish items per character you create.

Happy Well Done GIF

• 1Like