EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Leaton

Trakanon Raider
Free trade and all that is fine and dandy but man, class epics should all be no trade and no drop.

That would stop the fucking bots right in its track with the Monk red headband quest in South Karana. Jesus fucking Christ! (at least i managed to get Head of Ghanex Drah, thanks to that one being a static spawn)

Camped Targin the Rock for six hours one day and eight hours the other night, never saw the fuckhead at all, bought the Code of Zan Fi from EC. Raster of Guk is supposely even worse?? Thanks again Edaw for the idol. Fucking camps....

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I’m having a blast just playing personas. I got a 60 cleric and now a 45 wiz. My box is a 40 something bard. Just having fun grouping with friends and pugs too. Definitely the most fun I’ve had playing casually since EQmac.

Hit me up, I've got a 52, 41, and several 30ish personas. Monk's the 41 one. No clue when I'll be on though, I'm buried IRL thanks to this stupid server.

Free trade and all that is fine and dandy but man, class epics should all be no trade and no drop.

That would stop the fucking bots right in its track with the Monk red headband quest in South Karana. Jesus fucking Christ! (at least i managed to get Head of Ghanex Drah, thanks to that one being a static spawn)

Camped Targin the Rock for six hours one day and eight hours the other night, never saw the fuckhead at all, bought the Code of Zan Fi from EC. Raster of Guk is supposely even worse?? Thanks again Edaw for the idol. Fucking camps....

I did all of the monk epics (1.0, 1.5, 2.0) sort of "in-era" back in 2004 after I started playing seriously. I think they're my favorite epic quests to this day. The saga of Kaiaren is super interesting and you've got Vorash as a compelling bad guy. At the end you follow Kaiaren into the realm of Discord and battle it out with him for the ultimate monk weapon.

I camped everything the entire way, didn't buy a thing, didn't take any shortcuts, and it's one of my more fond EQ memories. Some of that was sitting in Raster's room, yeah. I don't remember the tedium of the camps, I just remember the satisfaction of victory and going after the next stage. On TLP I know everything moves faster and everyone's older and people just want to get things done, but I'd advise enjoying quests like this while you can.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hit me up, I've got a 52, 41, and several 30ish personas. Monk's the 41 one. No clue when I'll be on though, I'm buried IRL thanks to this stupid server.

I did all of the monk epics (1.0, 1.5, 2.0) sort of "in-era" back in 2004 after I started playing seriously. I think they're my favorite epic quests to this day. The saga of Kaiaren is super interesting and you've got Vorash as a compelling bad guy. At the end you follow Kaiaren into the realm of Discord and battle it out with him for the ultimate monk weapon.

I camped everything the entire way, didn't buy a thing, didn't take any shortcuts, and it's one of my more fond EQ memories. Some of that was sitting in Raster's room, yeah. I don't remember the tedium of the camps, I just remember the satisfaction of victory and going after the next stage. On TLP I know everything moves faster and everyone's older and people just want to get things done, but I'd advise enjoying quests like this while you can.
Ghanex head is literally uncampable right now unless you dps race the fucks that sit there and camp it 24/7 to sell.

• 1Solidarity

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Checked my kronos after all the posts here, definitely down 2-3. Super weak.
I'm down 1, which isnt a lot. But thats still pretty fucked. They basically know they can get away with it at this point and dont care if someone quits. "They'll be back." The whole point of playing on Retail was to get away from shitty GM's and unethical practices - but here we are.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just petition. If you are honest and you actually lost one, from what I hear they will reimburse you. Seems just giving you plat at current market value is the go to method.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
It's still straight up unacceptable to just have real-life money equivalent items just "randomly" poofing from inventories. How this is not a high priority fix for them is insane. Not to mention the inflation they're causing. Anyone who isn't a krono lord is probably going to be fucked in this economy.

• 1Like

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
they should have had the tower gear cost PP , a healthy amount , as a money sink

• 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's still straight up unacceptable to just have real-life money equivalent items just "randomly" poofing from inventories. How this is not a high priority fix for them is insane. Not to mention the inflation they're causing. Anyone who isn't a krono lord is probably going to be fucked in this economy.

Why are they deleting them? I hear its cause they are fraudulent? I assume that is bought with stolen or fake CCs or something? So person A buys 10-20 with that number, uses that kr to buy w/e, that number gets reported or found its fake/stolen, so its charges are all removed/redacted. THen they go in and delete all the kr wherever it ended up. They could eat it sure, but its a corporation, so lets be honest. They at least reimburse it. How would you stop that? its not a patch to just implement and fix a bug.

Now if there is duped KR, well that is all on them. Or literally krono randomly poofing on its own, then sure.

Solve the issue entirely, remove KR from the game. :p

Last edited:

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why are they deleting them? I hear its cause they are fraudulent? I assume that is bought with stolen or fake CCs or something? So person A buys 10-20 with that number, uses that kr to buy w/e, that number gets reported or found its fake/stolen, so its charges are all removed/redacted. THen they go in and delete all the kr wherever it ended up. They could eat it sure, but its a corporation, so lets be honest. They at least reimburse it. How would you stop that? its not a patch to just implement and fix a bug.

Now if there is duped KR, well that is all on them. Or literally krono randomly poofing on its own, then sure.

You're over thinking this. They are incompetent. Their game is broken. Nothing is on purpose.

• 1Worf

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Had some of my krono disappear, just petition as others said, they will parcel you plat equivalent to whatever the market value is at the time, then you get to mad scramble to try and buy your krono back, probably for more than what they sent you because the price goes up almost hourly.

And then pray the ones you just bought also don't poof. Good times.

• 1Worf

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

No, they need to eat the loss, not us. This is pretty much the worst blunder I have ever seen. I know we talk shit on them, and various games, and too much brown, and wow lore became bipolar, and eve this and that... nothing even comes close to literally removing a real money value token straight out of an inventory. Its absurd.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Petition even if you aren't missing krono, they send plat.

1721062273789.jpeg

Alright, how many ducks do you have.

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Worf