EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Philonius

Molten Core Raider
Wait, what? You can skip 2FA by logging in directly? That's like putting 3 locks on your reinforced front door, and leaving the window open.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 536940
New Tower gear for Wednesday. Ring will obviously lose the no trade tag and possibly the lore tag on Teek. I think there's also a new type 25 aug but it isn't better than the mana regen aug for anyone except the pure melees so not worried about that one.

Got a question: What class epics are good to do the Truespirit faction skip on? I've never used it before this server and did all the quests legit in the past. I know the faction skip is super-useful on SK, and on Wizard, the skip lets you start at the "what oil?" step which is pretty solid. What other classes can jump ahead on the epic to a useful enough degree that it's worth doing the skip?

Wondering in particular about Rogue and Druid.
How does this Truespirit exactly work? Can't say I've heard of it before.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
They nerfed all the faction skips for truespirit, as in you can't just spam/repeat the same steps for more faction. It also resets your faction entirely upon completing the epic.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You can repeat the first step of the shaman line up to a certain point, Amiable, I believe, on any character as long as you have a charmer with you. This allows people to skip almost half of the SK epic (the shitty collecting Dark Forged part) and possibly some other random run-around and turn in type shit for other quests.

The biggest "locked" True Spirit quest that I know of is shaman. It is locked to a max faction amount per step. So when I did the epic we had 50% bonus faction and on the first step I got something like 157 rep, and on the next, I got like 60 because I was only allowed to go so far. The shaman quest is kind of annoying, but not too bad if you have the tradable (Envy, Woe, etc) and there's a later hit that gives you like 1600 True Spirit faction. IF you choose to just not do the shaman epic and keep your faction omega high on that character and persona, it would probably allow you to skip a lot of stuff for things such as the Wizard epic. You'd basically be sacrificing doing the shaman epic, which sucks anyways, or you could possibly do it all over again and never complete it.

Either way, most people just do the Peg Leg part of the Shaman quest to Amiable in Butcherblock with a charmer and that's more than enough to get around a lot of the bullshit.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wait, what? You can skip 2FA by logging in directly? That's like putting 3 locks on your reinforced front door, and leaving the window open.
Kind of. If the account holds any krono and I mean 1 or more krono good chance it get forced to do 2fa. Any suspensions will 2fa and sometimes just someone reporting you can trigger 2fa.

This is 2fa signup, not 2fa to sign in every time.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You can repeat the first step of the shaman line up to a certain point, Amiable, I believe, on any character as long as you have a charmer with you. This allows people to skip almost half of the SK epic (the shitty collecting Dark Forged part) and possibly some other random run-around and turn in type shit for other quests.

The biggest "locked" True Spirit quest that I know of is shaman. It is locked to a max faction amount per step. So when I did the epic we had 50% bonus faction and on the first step I got something like 157 rep, and on the next, I got like 60 because I was only allowed to go so far. The shaman quest is kind of annoying, but not too bad if you have the tradable (Envy, Woe, etc) and there's a later hit that gives you like 1600 True Spirit faction. IF you choose to just not do the shaman epic and keep your faction omega high on that character and persona, it would probably allow you to skip a lot of stuff for things such as the Wizard epic. You'd basically be sacrificing doing the shaman epic, which sucks anyways, or you could possibly do it all over again and never complete it.

Either way, most people just do the Peg Leg part of the Shaman quest to Amiable in Butcherblock with a charmer and that's more than enough to get around a lot of the bullshit.

Yeah, this is pretty much it. I think one Peg Leg turnin gets you to indiff, so maybe two gets you to amiable? Unsure if the guy despawns in-between. One turn-in was enough to skip a lot of the SK epic, and I'm going to do the same with Wizard, which is why I was wondering if there are any other class personas I should do this with, like Rogue. Because in theory you can just park the truespirit and switch your personas around doing the handin over and over until everyone's got enough Truespirit to skip however much of their epic is skippable.

Not going to do all of that but I'd like to skip some of Wizard and Rogue since I'm actually gonna do those. Have all the drops for Wiz already, so the Truespirit skip will essentially turn it into one fight and some running around.

Xevy

Log Wizard
1721238694118.png

Happy Patch Day!

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Auto attacking with an unusable weapon will now give you the damage bonus amount in platinum per attack.
Problems solved.
That could work but remember that you will have to petition for each swing to receive your Plat.

Philonius

Molten Core Raider
Seems they completely broke fullscreen. It's limited to a max of 800x600 resolution. How do you not catch that before you patch?

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Just load the ui saved under your toons name, it will load whatever you had when you logged off.

• 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users