EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its just so hard to slog through pop and then ldon on tlps. It is so fucking retarded they don't combine them

Even more so because they are doing OoW/DoN, so the capability is there. PoP will basically be 16 weeks because of ldon, just too long.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Best EQ expansions before TSS edition.

Best Balance = Shadows of Luclin

Best non-Raid content = Omen of War

Best Raid content = Planes of Power

Best XP zones = Kunark(fight me)

Best Nostalgia = Velious

Best at being overrated = GOD inb4 someone tells me how fun and Challenging GoD raids are. Yeah dude Cursecallers is really fun, GoD is soo "hard" too, trust it's the start of Everquest getting "hard" for those with room temp IQs.

• 1Seriously?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think PoP should be a month longer just to improve its already amazing ability to filter the cucks out of these servers.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is super interesting to me. I remember back in the day when GoD/OoW came out a lot of people really hated this period. I remember lots of guildies quitting, complaints about how GoD was overturned, and just the aesthetic of the expac being weird. Was thinking this unique to my guild/playgroup or did something change since then that these expacs are seen more favorably?

Taken as a two-parter (legend says they were intended to be one big expansion) GoD and OoW have interesting lore and settings, the epic 2.0's are some of the best quests in the game, and they ramp up the challenge level (to "can't just faceroll and need to know how to follow directions" level).

A lot of folks who cuck out after PoP on every TLP have this mistaken idea from 20 years ago that GoD is some sort of superhard expansion that isn't worth playing, even though that hasn't been true in about 19 and a half years. GoD got tuned down quite a bit in the year after it launched and has been a very enjoyable time ever since. It is very much focused on challenging raiders and people that want to get more out of the game. Tipt trials and Uqua raids are some of the most intense content EQ has to offer in the first 80 levels.

There was a time when it first launched where Natimbi was pretty much the only zone 90+% of the player base could do anything in, and with a Time-geared group of raiders you could maybe do Qinimi/Riwwi/Barindu very very carefully. This scared a ton of people off, and right when WoW dropped which was A) Much more accessible and B) Managed to recapture some of the magic of classic EQ with an expansive new world.

Nowadays on TLPs people just quit after PoP because they got their nostalgia dose and don't know or care what's after that. It's like all the people who "like wrestling" and when you ask them who their favorite wrestlers are they're like "Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, and the Iron Sheik". A hell of a lot more happened after 1988.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
By the time you get to PoP you've probably been playing for 7 or 8 months and those extra four months are brutal.

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Blizzard should just launch a classic server each time TLP's hits GoD/OoW, then the nostalgia would be complete, and could pretend that's why everyone bails.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If they just set every expansion at two months it would be an alright compromise between Selo's breakneck speed and three months of Kunark or four of PoP. I assume they make a bunch of money from people recycling so they're fine with the drop offs. Even if you're only popping in every other cycle they get to resell you a lot of the same stuff.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I’ll take embroidered black sleeves if you still have em - send to Hotdog please and thank you!
Well, as it turns out, I do not. Not sure who i sent them to lol. I will watch for another pair. Let me know if there is another item you want instead in the mean time. Pretty sure I got them off mino elder in guk when I was there for guise.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Well, as it turns out, I do not. Not sure who i sent them to lol. I will watch for another pair. Let me know if there is another item you want instead in the mean time. Pretty sure I got them off mino elder in guk when I was there for guise.
No worries - just working on an alt, appreciate you checking.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
OoW was one of my favorite expansions, epic 2.0 was great and the raids were at least decent. Only negative is the whole MPG zone, whoever designed that zone should be thoroughly beaten.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really dislike pop and oow as they get so stale with a singular all-consuming loot heavy end zone. I like that there is other shit besides vt in luclin, besides tacvi in god, etc. When your raid life just boils down to how heavily you can deep split the same garbage for months, that sucks. At least oow had nonraid shit worth doing to make up for it, pop just blows, and the nostalgic love for pop keeping it at a double length blows.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Omens is just way too easy on TLP. Anguish specifically can be cleared in like 30 minutes or with 18 people.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
That’s true, you can clear anguish and mpg trials in one night with time to spare. With level cap increase, new AAs, progression needed for raids, and epic 2.0s it seems like there’s enough to do but you’re right, the raid scene is a bit light. Thankfully DoN is being combined for Teek which will help with that a little, but DoN itself is only another half night of raids.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That’s true, you can clear anguish and mpg trials in one night with time to spare. With level cap increase, new AAs, progression needed for raids, and epic 2.0s it seems like there’s enough to do but you’re right, the raid scene is a bit light. Thankfully DoN is being combined for Teek which will help with that a little, but DoN itself is only another half night of raids.

Level cap and aas are insignificant. A hardcore player will be done oow in a week. Most reasonable dad gamers will still be done it all in a month.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really dislike pop and oow as they get so stale with a singular all-consuming loot heavy end zone. I like that there is other shit besides vt in luclin, besides tacvi in god, etc. When your raid life just boils down to how heavily you can deep split the same garbage for months, that sucks. At least oow had nonraid shit worth doing to make up for it, pop just blows, and the nostalgic love for pop keeping it at a double length blows.

I am curious, how much does random loot help reduce this? Because I agree, its part of the problem. PoP boiled down to time and that was it. But with shared loot, I assume time loot is spread out? So you can actually do other things, not just for flagging?

Same with OoW(though even outside anguish I dont remember many raids, queen/king and mpg trials you did enough to flag and preferably never went back). Though DoN will be with it this time, so raids there and some group progression content to do too.

This is my first time on this type of server, so not 100% sure how it works in later expansions.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I am curious, how much does random loot help reduce this? Because I agree, its part of the problem. PoP boiled down to time and that was it. But with shared loot, I assume time loot is spread out? So you can actually do other things, not just for flagging?

Same with OoW(though even outside anguish I dont remember many raids, queen/king and mpg trials you did enough to flag and preferably never went back). Though DoN will be with it this time, so raids there and some group progression content to do too.

This is my first time on this type of server, so not 100% sure how it works in later expansions.
Yeah, you can do other things and it's super viable. Small manning water/fire was pretty common (generally you skip the gods except for flagging). Pretty sure you can 12 man (less for some) any fire/water mini. Sol Ro minis also became worth doing because they could drop at least the first tier of Time loot. PoP kind of had some of the craziest tiers, like the undead horse guy in PoN could drop Time loot IIRC.

That said, all those viable targets can lead to burnout if you let it.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Random loot really fucks with PoP, at least it did with mischief and will with Teek if it isn’t changed. Time loot can drop from the mini bosses in plane of torment, and all gods, even the early ones like Grummus, are in the same loot pool as potime.

For OoW, they added mpg raids with the anguish loot pool. There’s also a pretty easy encounter (3 man or so) in harbingers spire that is in the same loot pool as only the chests and named mobs from anguish, which means you can get globes for 2.0 really easily as well as the Aug drops.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, you can do other things and it's super viable. Small manning water/fire was pretty common (generally you skip the gods except for flagging). Pretty sure you can 12 man (less for some) any fire/water mini. Sol Ro minis also became worth doing because they could drop at least the first tier of Time loot. PoP kind of had some of the craziest tiers, like the undead horse guy in PoN could drop Time loot IIRC.

That said, all those viable targets can lead to burnout if you let it.

what I figured from what I heard. Good to see some variety being possible.

And yes managing burnout/engagement ratio is never fun for those in charge. Enough to keep people at least in game 2-3 times a week but not so much they burnout. Especially if your goal is to try and make it beyond the usual crashing point for 90% of the players.