EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sell Krono early on 8/1, ~85k
Sell Krono afternoon of 8/2, ~100k minimum

I know the GMs are adding a lot of plat into the system right now, but if we keep moving at that clip we're at north of a million by mid month.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sell Krono early on 8/1, ~85k
Sell Krono afternoon of 8/2, ~100k minimum

I know the GMs are adding a lot of plat into the system right now, but if we keep moving at that clip we're at north of a million by mid month.
Just to point out to those that arent catching on - you're likely missing a krono. Dont put in a ticket for the kronos until you're ready to play the game (ie. Velious). This might be bad advice if they change this decision, but they havent wavered in their decision yet and its been a minute.

Needless

Toe Sucker
lol how the fuck is krono that expensive now
how did they manage to make shit worse than oakwynd lol

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just to point out to those that arent catching on - you're likely missing a krono. Dont put in a ticket for the kronos until you're ready to play the game (ie. Velious). This might be bad advice if they change this decision, but they havent wavered in their decision yet and its been a minute.

I've had an outstanding krono petition for like a week now that's still unresolved. Is that the norm currently?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
lol how the fuck is krono that expensive now
how did they manage to make shit worse than oakwynd lol
Shockingly, removing krono from circulation while at the same time injecting massive amounts of plat into the economy somehow makes krono more expensive.

• 2Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
At some point Krono ceases to be a good method of currency and I think we're way beyond that before we even got to velious. A Krono injection is the only way to bring prices more inline or a platinum drain, clearly the Krono injection is not going to happen and there hasn't been a good plat sink ever and if they don't abandon the plat for krono policy it wouldn't matter in the long run.

I would say the economy is fine outside of high end top tier raid loot, it's just not feasible anymore to farm your way to bis.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I assume it’s similar to Mischief in that the single most profitable thing you can do is run in a small man that knocks out T1 targets and sells the loot. On Mischief tons of people had additional characters just for small manning but the most profitable crews weren’t in traditional guilds at all, they were just full time RMT crews that ran ultra optimized raid compositions and only ever kept the bare minimum loot to clear content. Think like 3 Warriors, 6 clerics, 8 bards, 2 shaman and the rest are all Monks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
The most profitable thing is to have DBG dupe plat for you.
The second is to PL.
3rd is to run a small crew with int caster/rogue DPS. Monks have a massive amount of overhead cost.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The most profitable thing is to have DBG dupe plat for you.
The second is to PL.
3rd is to run a small crew with int caster/rogue DPS. Monks have a massive amount of overhead cost.
Pretty sure HeavyQuesters made more than any other crew on Mischief during their time and they ran monks. Monks are super cheap because you don’t actually need to give them Gharns and shit when you’re a farming crew. It makes almost no difference.

yerm

I think they run monks because they have scripts and experience with monks. Theres no way a pair of weapons for another class is more than the cost of a monk epic. The monk also has staying power; using int casters will mean trouble when its time to sell anguish drops and your raid comp blows. Rangers would be the most cost effective by far luclin+ but they suck now and will suck again later. Monks are consistent, so you get their hax in order and go.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think they run monks because they have scripts and experience with monks. Theres no way a pair of weapons for another class is more than the cost of a monk epic. The monk also has staying power; using int casters will mean trouble when its time to sell anguish drops and your raid comp blows. Rangers would be the most cost effective by far luclin+ but they suck now and will suck again later. Monks are consistent, so you get their hax in order and go.
Dude they just do their monk epics lmao. It’s free.

yerm

I know but I'm saying the starting cost is less. They could camp rogue daggers, or siphon off raid loot, or whatever. They're not buying anything. I'm just saying I don't think its monks because monks are easier to get rolling - I disagree with that. They do monks because monks are good and consistent.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
The whole poofing krono issue is getting really out of hand now. In the past 2-3 weeks I'd estimate 1 out of every 4 krono I acquire goes missing and I open a support ticket to be refunded plat. Something changed somewhere that is allowing for whatever nonsense to go on and they need to make it a priority to plug it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unless it's intentional. This was my first tlp that I haven't bought xp pots or the server bags. While I do pay a sub, I know many others don't, with mountains of krono, I could see some very problematic economic issues even with their anemic teams and their pathetic salaries while I'm sure jchan is pulling 6 figures. That's a lot for probably less than 10k players.

To add in the unionization effort being pushed for coders... does not bode well for little darkpaw.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Unless it's intentional. This was my first tlp that I haven't bought xp pots or the server bags. While I do pay a sub, I know many others don't, with mountains of krono, I could see some very problematic economic issues even with their anemic teams and their pathetic salaries while I'm sure jchan is pulling 6 figures. That's a lot for probably less than 10k players.

If money gets too tight, Darkpaw can always go for the nuclear option: JChan Onlyfans

• 1Barf
  • 1Like