EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
The whole poofing krono issue is getting really out of hand now. In the past 2-3 weeks I'd estimate 1 out of every 4 krono I acquire goes missing and I open a support ticket to be refunded plat. Something changed somewhere that is allowing for whatever nonsense to go on and they need to make it a priority to plug it.
Have you had kr reimbursed in the last week? I've got 2 petitions open that have been on hold for over a week now.

Madmartigan

Trakanon Raider
Have you had kr reimbursed in the last week? I've got 2 petitions open that have been on hold for over a week now.
I opened a ticket Tuesday and was reimbursed this morning. I then noticed another krono missing, and it was reimbursed within an hour. I think a ton of krono were reimbursed this morning, krono prices are jacked up to people WTB at 120k now.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just got reimbursed 105k for a krono that poofed a week ago. Doesn't seem to be anyone selling for that though. Blagh. WTB it back for whatever they're running today.

Last edited:

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Seems they do actually check logs of krono trades, at least some of the time, I mistakenly thought another had poofed a week after 3 disappeared, they gave me the date/time of the trade I made and who I traded it too and refused to reimburse, they were right, I was just paranoid.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems they do actually check logs of krono trades, at least some of the time, I mistakenly thought another had poofed a week after 3 disappeared, they gave me the date/time of the trade I made and who I traded it too and refused to reimburse, they were right, I was just paranoid.
They made you paranoid, don't apologize for their continuing fuck up. Giving plat for lost krono is a fucking insult. Krono for Krono.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
My guess with all of this is that these are Kronos that are purchased with the intention to charge back the payment after they have sold the krono in game. If that's the case, I can see where DBG is between a rock and a hard place.

I mean, how do you deal with that really? What is the limitation of time for which a charge back can be applied by a bank? Is it days, weeks, months? If DBG was to make you wait to get your Krono you purchased until it passes the time limit for doing a charge back, that would be insane for the player. It would be like putting a Krono on layaway for later in the year.

If they go with a trusted purchaser system (which I think they do), all the bad people have to do is keep creating "good" purchaser accounts by making a purchase they don't charge back, and a month or so later when it is flagged as a "trusted purchaser", make purchases and charge them back. There's literally no way for DBG to keep this from happening.

It's pretty fucked up to put it bluntly, but this is the world we live in where any jack ass anywhere in the world with an internet connection can fuck any company they want 24 hours a day, and there is no shortage of fucktards in the world willing to screw you to better themselves.

Honestly, there is only one way I can think of to make Krono purchases secure, and that would be to go to selling a Krono card at retail stores (and online via Amazon) like they used to do with Daybreak Cash. That way, the purchase of the Krono card at the store is a transaction that is separated from DBG in a way. Let Walmart and Amazon deal with the bad actors so to speak.

If they wanted to make it even more secure of a purchase, don't offer the Krono cards via online sources like Amazon. Make it a Walmart, Kroger, Target, etc elcusive purchase. In other words, eliminate the 3rd world countries from the picture altogether.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, except they have to use the stolen CC and then wait a month. I don't think that CC is gonna remain active that long before it is reported stolen.

I suspect the high number of players has added too much stress to the systems and some of them are failing. For all the people that report missing krono, how many are remaining silent from getting krono?

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
41 Mage and 40 Wizard going to be putting a group together for experience this evening after work. If anybody is interested, we need a tank, healer, CC, and puller/DPS.

I'm thinking maybe KC. I'm kinda sick of Lower Guk. Possibly Nagafen's Lair.

I want to get a full 4 hours out of this session. Probably start between 6pm - 7pm central. All depends on how hard it is to get all the right classes and a camp.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's pretty fucked up to put it bluntly, but this is the world we live in where any jack ass anywhere in the world with an internet connection can fuck any company they want 24 hours a day, and there is no shortage of fucktards in the world willing to screw you to better themselves.

Yeah. The hot thing to do nowayears is to replace your failing appliances by buying a new one and then "returning" your old one. Had to deal with this a bunch of times when I was running a store. Televisions and whatnot have serial numbers but most employees don't check these things.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Yeah. The hot thing to do nowayears is to replace your failing appliances by buying a new one and then "returning" your old one. Had to deal with this a bunch of times when I was running a store. Televisions and whatnot have serial numbers but most employees don't check these things.
It's amazing how pathetic the average human is these days.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They could sell those Monk epics they do LMAO. It's not free.

He was referring to the cost of getting a box crew up and running. You're talking about hypothetical money that could be made if they sold epics instead. It's irrelevant.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
He was referring to the cost of getting a box crew up and running. You're talking about hypothetical money that could be made if they sold epics instead. It's irrelevant.

It's opportunity cost. Doing a monk epic or farming 2 rogue daggers or farming mats for a ranger bow, they're not paying for it regardless. The monk is relatively simple to get going, straightforward to use, and stays good perpetually. That's imo why they get used. Rogues would be a bit cheaper to get going but more expensive / more work to get going really well. Casters would be much cheaper. Archery ranger needs almost nothing to shine. Casters will suck god-tbs though, and rangers are only good sol-god, so you probably dont want to rely on a wizard army that is useless for the 70s etc, even though I'd wager wizard army is the easiest/cheapest to wield.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's just because of positioning. Monk has no requirements.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 20-21-22 Regarding missing krono reports EverQuest Forums.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user