EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A tip for all the aspiring Beastlords out there. Memorize the phrase "and I've also got a level 60 Wizard I can box."

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A tip for all the aspiring Beastlords out there. Memorize the phrase "and I've also got a level 60 Wizard I can box."

A number of classes have issues getting a group on this server. Wizard, Warrior come to mind. Unfortunate to hear Beastlords are in the same boat, kinda want to give one a try since it's the last class I've never played in any legit sense.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I learned that lesson on mischief, unless you have a static you arent getting a group easily past 30 with that class lol
seems like leveling is just 95% getting PLed on this server anyway tho so w/e

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
At least with Luclin there's a bunch of acceptable outdoor zones where you can form a group out of any collection of warm bodies and just genocide the wildlife.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
A number of classes have issues getting a group on this server. Wizard, Warrior come to mind. Unfortunate to hear Beastlords are in the same boat, kinda want to give one a try since it's the last class I've never played in any legit sense.
I haven't been focusing enough on EQ or I would have already been 60 by now on my wizard, but I've found that I get 99% of my groups as a wizard... by starting the group myself lol.

I sat for 2 hours and 44 minutes yesterday (timed it) on my 55 wizard LFG. Now keep in mind, I wasn't trying hard to get a group because I was also playing Lord of the Rings Online at the same time and having a shit ton more fun there than in EQ. But... the point is, it took almost 3 hours to get a group on a 55 wizard.

I stayed there all day and am just about to hit level 59. If I can stop playing Lotro long enough to focus on the wizard, I should hit that magical 60 early this week, but fuck if that new Veil of the Nine server isn't fun as hell on Lotro right now. Hard not to play it nonstop.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I learned that lesson on mischief, unless you have a static you arent getting a group easily past 30 with that class lol
seems like leveling is just 95% getting PLed on this server anyway tho so w/e

Yeah, I went to Sol A to solo on my 15 ranger last week, spent about 20 minutes in there just trying to chill before I went to sleep, and literally every time I'd start fighting anything, some PLer would run past me with a train and I'd get like six adds on me. Didn't matter where I went in the zone. I'd find a new spot, wait a minute, look both ways.......and the second I started another fight, another PLer runs past me with 50 mobs. No actual groups in the zone, just PLers. Alrighty.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
It's crazy how every time DPG games tries to "Fix AEing" they end up making it more toxic. AE plers used to go to unused zones like Mistmoore and the Deep. Now that AE is capped at 30 they go to the Highest ZEM zones like Sol A/B, Guk, Chardok and Velks.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I think with PLers there's just more in general, each successive TLP the box crews get a bit bigger and more numerous, the PL crews get more numerous etc. Even casuals are boxing more because they realised they need to if they want to get more stuff done.

I'm not even sure the huge increase in population is more than a marginal increase in humans, just a big jump in characters per person being "played".

I don't recall Beastlords having issues finding groups, they are actually pretty strong in the group game, you get slows, an extra tank, some buffs, not terrible DPS, most of their DPS issues are in raids due to MoTM. Good ones with gear can actually tank if they know which spells to cast, slow + incapacitate is decent aggro for example, bandolier in a spare set of weapons with stun augs and you're solid.

I stand by my Wizards being shit at sustained group DPS early game before focus effects and AA. But they will be really good starting Luclin, use rains still but with max FT, crit AA, familiars etc they will get a lot better, a raid geared and paying attention Monk, Ranger, Mage, Rogue will still probably beat them over the long haul though.

Still have that AFK shitter stigma to contend with so probably won't be first picked.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Some drama with the kingpin of krono sales supposedly.

"During our call he was drunk and his buddy was ODing in a chair in their RV. I have photos and videos of the entire call."

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 4 users

Zapan

Molten Core Raider
Congrats on the launch winners. Nice to see some good competition.

WTB pandemic-time off again for more Sleeper wakening

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

"During our call he was drunk and his buddy was ODing in a chair in their RV. I have photos and videos of the entire call."

I had a brief interaction with that guy (Diamond Krono) and he definitely seemed unhinged and paranoid. He was for sure trying to scam me because he wanted me to deliver the krono I was selling first instead of him sending the money first. I also noticed a lot of feedback padding between him and other supposed sellers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I assume this is what at least half the people in EQ look like

IMG_2746.png

Fedsmoker

Molten Core Raider

Saved what I could.

IMG_2725.png
IMG_2731.png
lol what.png
Post.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user