EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you want to get rid of PLing than rework the exp system such that the demand for that service is limited. This would also include substantially buffing solo exp such that it was no longer tragic.
So, get to 60 in 12 hours, rather than 3 days, but, that just means you have that much more time to wait for the opening of the next expansion.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So, get to 60 in 12 hours, rather than 3 days, but, that just means you have that much more time to wait for the opening of the next expansion.

By this point we've had quite a few TLPs many with different exp rates. At the Phinny/Coirnav exp rate it made more sense to factory farm quest items in Paineel than actually play the game. At the "standard" exp rate (Oakwynd, Teek, Mangler, Aradune, Agnarr) it's tolerable in a decent group but quite severe otherwise. The time/difficulty/enjoyment calc is going to lead a lot of people to conclude that buying a PL for at least some of the trip to 60 is a better use of resources than grinding. You want people playing your game instead of paying to not play it or otherwise engaging in behaviors that circumvent a primary gameplay loop. Showing up to a TLP after people have leveled is a chore, switching mains or leveling alts is incredibly time consuming and even twinks aren't enjoyable as they should be given the raw numbers on how many things you need to kill each and every level. Ideally you want the leveling experience to not be something people are paying to avoid and for the people that still do to minimally affect the rest of the game and economy.

Juvarisx

Florida
By this point we've had quite a few TLPs many with different exp rates. At the Phinny/Coirnav exp rate it made more sense to factory farm quest items in Paineel than actually play the game. At the "standard" exp rate (Oakwynd, Teek, Mangler, Aradune, Agnarr) it's tolerable in a decent group but quite severe otherwise. The time/difficulty/enjoyment calc is going to lead a lot of people to conclude that buying a PL for at least some of the trip to 60 is a better use of resources than grinding. You want people playing your game instead of paying to not play it or otherwise engaging in behaviors that circumvent a primary gameplay loop. Showing up to a TLP after people have leveled is a chore, switching mains or leveling alts is incredibly time consuming and even twinks aren't enjoyable as they should be given the raw numbers on how many things you need to kill each and every level. Ideally you want the leveling experience to not be something people are paying to avoid and for the people that still do to minimally affect the rest of the game and economy.

I dunno, I think how much of a chore it is is how hard you go at forming groups yourself. On Agnarr I started after the Frog zones came out but before LDON's did and with 2 KR I got a Monk to cap with 300AA or so in a couple weeks and made so many friends along the way that were leveling alts I slid into a guild clearing Time and did the morning pugs organized by the euro SK in Faceless that set those up clearing elemental mini's so I got geared quick off some slick rolls.

On Oakwynd I more or less did the same 2 weeks after Luclin came out, bought some twink Monk gear with 2 KR put together all my groups and got to 60 pretty quick with a good amount of AA and slid into a guild clearing SSRA and VT due to people I met along the way, then the dupe hit hard and I quit lol.

I think the enjoyment you get will be decided on how much you put together yourself. Ranger tank in Unrest basement? sure no fucks given, toss in a druid healer and an afk wizard and just grind as fast as you can. Hell I monk tanked Plane of Valor a ton while finding someone with a taunt button grinding AA's. If you are willing to use anyone who messages you as long as someone can heal you can get a group off the ground in 5 minutes in any popular exp zone. Well as a monk atleast. I have never payed for a PL and I doubtful ever will, so many people must have crippling social anxiety to even do the simple thing of putting together an exp group that doing it yourself is simple.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Want to make a bunch of people salty just remove the experience contribution of damage shields and pets. Make the player or group do 50% of the damage minus those two to get any experience.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think what they need to do is put back the lizards outside CT temple, and the gnolls outside splitpaw. I miss those guys.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I dunno, I think how much of a chore it is is how hard you go at forming groups yourself.

Sure, at the level of the individual you can be the proactive leader type. It also gets a little easier as content unlocks. Worst case scenario in Luclin is you put nature to the sword in big outdoor zone with whoever you can find. The macro view is there's an entire degenerate industry built around power leveling that is corrosive to the health of the server economically and socially.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Want to make a bunch of people salty just remove the experience contribution of damage shields and pets. Make the player or group do 50% of the damage minus those two to get any experience.

this is truly one of the most annoying things about old EQ, specially the pet shit on p99 lol

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What is the street value of 41 Kronos? ~ 500 bucks ?

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

I don't see any reason to gut the game play options of a game just to stop bad actors from abusing the game. Instead, get rid of the bad actors.

It doesn't take a brain surgeon to tell when someone is abusing the game. You just have to have competent employees (aka, IN-HOUSE GMs) given the time and rights to do something about it.

1. Ban the PLer accounts
  2. Suspend the accounts of those being power leveled
  3. Rinse and repeat as often as necessary
Any account that gets suspended for being power leveled a second time gets a ban.

Will the power levelers stop? No. They have an unlimited supply of accounts, but it slows them down. If enough people getting power leveled get suspended and eventually banned, the number of people looking to buy power levels will go down. That in and of itself starves the power levelers out of the game.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You guys arguing about how to combat the PLers/botters are missing the bigger picture.

Those guys are the *real* customers of current EQ. All those hundreds of accounts they run are paid in krono, which someplace and somewhere was 20$ paid to Daybreak, to say nothing of the boomers and EQ dads opening their wallets to pay for items/PL etc.

They will never actually do any real damage to them because it would ruin them financially.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
They arent the ones paying for that krono though, evidently above as theyre buying them through ECT lol

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Every krono they use is a krono someone buys. I don’t know why plevelers would buy krono tbh, they make krono through pleveling and it wouldn’t make sense to not use those for the accounts.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco's guide to stopping power level farming
  • Cap level to 20 at TLP release, then increase by 5 every week
  • Increase XP rate by 1000% for any character less then 10 under the current cap
  • Decrease XP rate by 50% for any character less than 5 under the current cap
  • Make all spells/disc scrolls for the current latest ten levels drop off level-appropriate rare mobs only
  • Create AA unlock items that enable you to purchase AA that drop off level-appropriate rare mobs only, and then require them for all recent AA ranks
  • Reduce Req/Rec item levels by 10
  • Delay the level increase / AAs for each expansion by half the expansion duration
  • ??? I don't know I forget what problem I'm trying to solve

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Every krono they use is a krono someone buys. I don’t know why plevelers would buy krono tbh, they make krono through pleveling and it wouldn’t make sense to not use those for the accounts.

Yea the big crews don't buy krono at all, they just sell it via PayPal or whatever means for USD.

But the krono at some point was a purchase from Daybreak, which is all that matters to them