EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Anything for 50-60 with a comparible ZEM to Velks? For some RL reasons I'm solely 2-boxing to level and velks is doable in that range, but I'd basically have to do spiders the whole time which I'm not stoked about. Would be happy even with something with lower mob density since my kill rate isn't great anyhow. It kinds seems to me that if you want a decent return on your effort for 50-60 you do Chardok, Velks, or Griegs when its available. Any other decent options?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
free trade clerics are fun you can just full DPS and use the clickie legs to heal 99% of the time

where are you guys going to skill up defense/weps and shit on a PL'd char?

think i'll do a bard persona on my box account tomorrow and actually play the character lol

I only PL for the last 4-6 levels if anything and catching skills up hasn't been an issue. There are a few rooted in place mobs that don't hit back and can be used to get skillups for some things. Low level spell spam for those. For defensive stuff just let an LB beat on you, zone, rest up, repeat. At 60 you get to 56-level skills super fast regardless of how low you're starting from, then the rest you just get through actually playing that character you PLed.

Kind of funny seeing people so reliant on PLs at low levels when things like Brazier and silver whip exist. Almost as funny as everybody wasting 8 AAs by doing the Tower group missions on level 2 mages just to gimp them. Yeah, at first it was needed, but it hasn't been needed for a while, and still people are gimping the missions on level 2 mages instead of just forming a half-decent group and doing them normally. Could start Luclin with 18 AAs and instead we're gonna have all these people starting with zero because they followed a gimpy meta.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You gonna tell the story or leave us hangin’ dude?
I gotcha fam
i'll tell ya who not to use as a PLer, Addisom
this dude is hilariously bad at this game lmao
Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Ysu

Bronze Squire
Leveled a Bard and Two clerics to 60 in two grind sessions. Self box/PLed, pretty proud of that one.

Enchanter pulling with DS and Bard AE till 40, then put them in group with 2 Monk DPS 40-60.

Unrest 1-25.
Mistmore 25-35.
Velks 35-60.

Would be nice if the EXP was always like this lol

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
You gonna tell the story or leave us hangin’ dude?
he just died 3 times in lower dogs and somehow managed to take like 6+ hours on a double exp weekend to do 40-60 so he didnt charge for the extra time instead of just giving krono back lmao

I only PL for the last 4-6 levels if anything and catching skills up hasn't been an issue. There are a few rooted in place mobs that don't hit back and can be used to get skillups for some things. Low level spell spam for those. For defensive stuff just let an LB beat on you, zone, rest up, repeat. At 60 you get to 56-level skills super fast regardless of how low you're starting from, then the rest you just get through actually playing that character you PLed.

Kind of funny seeing people so reliant on PLs at low levels when things like Brazier and silver whip exist. Almost as funny as everybody wasting 8 AAs by doing the Tower group missions on level 2 mages just to gimp them. Yeah, at first it was needed, but it hasn't been needed for a while, and still people are gimping the missions on level 2 mages instead of just forming a half-decent group and doing them normally. Could start Luclin with 18 AAs and instead we're gonna have all these people starting with zero because they followed a gimpy meta.
Yeah my original plan for this character was to just finish 50+ with a PL or w/e if needed but fuck it i wanted a box at 60 NOW lol

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wait a minute. According to their own youtube video, RI had Rampage members with them on that Vulak raid they won, that makes it a joint two-guild raid. Which means they needed two guilds to finally get an OW Vulak!

No You Cant GIF by NBC

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If any of you want to be retarded idiots like myself, you could store up planar armor and turn it in for XP and gems when PoP launches. I actually went all the way to 65 doing so. If PoK isn't too laggy, you can actually be competitive with the first people to 65. It requires an autistic level of farming or buying, though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its what I am keeping most of mine for. Its all in the dragon hoard(which btw is awesome for a packrat such as myself). Though not full on autism like you said, just w/e I get from fear raids.

DickTrickle

Yeah, dragon hoard would have been an amazing time saver. As it was, I had to log on to a dozen mules and transfer stuff. Without having to do that and without the super laggy PoK, I coulda been first!

The blue diamonds were awesome for tradeskilling, too.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Its what I am keeping most of mine for. Its all in the dragon hoard(which btw is awesome for a packrat such as myself). Though not full on autism like you said, just w/e I get from fear raids.

How does the Dragon Hoard work? Just a backup bank sort of thing? Didn't have that back in my day and I'm now getting to where the normal bank and inventory are too full to be able to reliably store the fountains of loot some of these raids give out.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
How does the Dragon Hoard work? Just a backup bank sort of thing? Didn't have that back in my day and I'm now getting to where the normal bank and inventory are too full to be able to reliably store the fountains of loot some of these raids give out.
Basically just an extra 125 or so slots that’s expandable if you pay more money. I believe purchasing the base version unlocks it for all characters. Tradeskill depot is also nice and it shares across characters.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Basically just an extra 125 or so slots that’s expandable if you pay more money. I believe purchasing the base version unlocks it for all characters. Tradeskill depot is also nice and it shares across characters.
I just got tradeskill depot recently. Huge space saver, totally worth the DB cash I have been hoarding for years anyway. Still haven't done the dragon hoard but I'm a pixel pauper so no need atm

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
FYI the xp for those turnins got giga nerfed a couple servers back.

The number of armor pieces you need to do 60>65 is in the thousands now rather than the low hundreds.

DickTrickle

FYI the xp for those turnins got giga nerfed a couple servers back.

The number of armor pieces you need to do 60>65 is in the thousands now rather than the low hundreds.
I did it after it was nerfed. I forget the exact number but it was somewhere around 1500ish? Maybe a bit less. Still doable.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If any of you want to be retarded idiots like myself, you could store up planar armor and turn it in for XP and gems when PoP launches. I actually went all the way to 65 doing so. If PoK isn't too laggy, you can actually be competitive with the first people to 65. It requires an autistic level of farming or buying, though.
How many pieces did it take you to do?

Edit: nvm I see you posted it. 1500 is pretty sweaty lmao.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I did it after it was nerfed. I forget the exact number but it was somewhere around 1500ish? Maybe a bit less. Still doable.

Nah it's more then double that. It takes almost 2 full accounts worth of mules for 60.999% to 65. It's not competitive with AoEing at higher levels.

That said it's actually turbo broken for lower levels.