Everquest - Phinigel server

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Most of the sellers on RG want you to be verified which means paying a membership fee (it's cheap, like 10 bucks a year) and sending in docs. 10 bucks is whatever, but I don't really want them having my photo id on file. I just used PlayerAuctions instead (dusted off my circa 2000 account even) and paid maybe a dollar more per krono on average.

I sell a lot to non verified people, I just make them go first. Havent had one scammer fortunately. Just try to avoid those people selling large amounts of krono or currency for stupid cheap, seems to be obvious scammers. Think highest I've sold is maybe 200-300 worth of krono to a non verified, it used to make me nervous but havent had one chargeback/scam since ragefire. Looking forward to the new progression server lol.

Also agree on the photo ID, seen people get accused of scamming, and on first notice they're tossing the guys photo and street address out in a PUBLIC thread for everyone to see. Playerauctions is cool but hate how long it takes to get paid, one time I found a guy selling a 60 enchanter on PA for like 200, talked him to selling me out of PA, then he ended up selling me a 60 epic druid for 100, a 60 epic monk for 100 which also had a 60 epic cleric and 50 guised paladin on the account.

Hopefully they fix the VM stuff thats pretty obviously going around, sure it will be even more so obvious on the new TLP server. There's also rogue MQ2 out and about, heard about a private member selling it on mmobugs. I'm not surprised they're releasing another TLP, look how fast they did lockjaw and phinigel, it almost made it pointless to invest time into hardcore raiding knowing its just gonna get reset by the end of pop or something.

And wtf, server needs to stop fucking crashing twice a week.

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
went back to ragefire after a long hiatus and things are really dead. Really could use a merger with Lockjaw, not sure I understand what the objection to that would be at this point.

The item market is total trash, amazes me whats not available. Think I'll just grind it out for a bit and wait to see what 2017 server rules are going to be.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The rumor for a while has been that wants to merge RF and LJ but they aren't sure how.

If you think Ragefire is dead to wander around Lockjaw a bit.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
they'll probably merge after the new TLP, cause by then who cares if the economy on ragefire is going to fuck lockjaw's.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just started a char on Phinny. Did they break the bouncing out of water tricks? Been trying to pop myself out of the water in the sewer in East Cabilis, but I can't seem to get it to work anymore, even when dropping my max FPS, etc.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just started a char on Phinny. Did they break the bouncing out of water tricks? Been trying to pop myself out of the water in the sewer in East Cabilis, but I can't seem to get it to work anymore, even when dropping my max FPS, etc.

I don't know when that stopped working but I haven't been able to make it work since Ragefire opened.

Jesus fuck I forgot I got a rogue 'Th' on my nam e here, was too lazy to figbure out what was wrong with my login until now.

EDIT: wait a minute,this must not be my real account. wtf then. anyway, playin on Phinigel last few days, good times.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Jesus fuck I forgot I got a rogue 'Th' on my nam e here, was too lazy to figbure out what was wrong with my login until now.

EDIT: wait a minute,this must not be my real account. wtf then. anyway, playin on Phinigel last few days, good times.

You should try P1999. Its free and its more in line with what it was back then. EXP rate is about the same, maybe a bit slower, and corpse runs are in. The raid scene is all sorts of fucked up, but if you just want the experience of EQ and old, P1999 is the way to go IMO. Too much shit is changed in EQ and servers even like Phinny cannot do it justice like P1999.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
P99 always felt like trash to me, tried several times over the years, didn't enjoy it. also the population is significantly lower, which actually makes it way harder for that to replicate a proper experience.

Sterling

El Presidente
Anyone else excited to see how Storms is going to be without the shitter named giants spawning in instances? Thunderdome 2017.

TheYanger

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also, if anyone has a druid and wants to throw some thorns on some of us sometime >.> holla atcha boy.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Jesus Christ, they're doing another? Doubt I'll bother this time though. But who knows always seem to get roped back in.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I always want to get roped back in, but I don't think I've leveled higher than 6 or 7 on any of these servers.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Yeah that news pretty much killed my desire to bother leveling. That and the realization PoP is only going to be a few months. Aside from the poopsockers, that's not enough time to actually enjoy that expansion.

A server with pre Gates content would be perfect for me, but I'm likely in the minority there.

Maybe I should dig my old emu files out of storage and play that instead. I spent tons of time editing a lot of the stats of mobs in various old raids to bring them in line with PoP era raids. Shit was all easy mode of course, including PoP since I was soloing on my own server, but was fun for a brief time.

I'd pay tons of monies to have something similar on live, without the solo part. Raids that scaled based on level or something. One week your guild could do PoP content, the next it would be Kunark, yet both have similar challenge and rewards.

Meh

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah that news pretty much killed my desire to bother leveling. That and the realization PoP is only going to be a few months. Aside from the poopsockers, that's not enough time to actually enjoy that expansion.

A server with pre Gates content would be perfect for me, but I'm likely in the minority there.

Maybe I should dig my old emu files out of storage and play that instead. I spent tons of time editing a lot of the stats of mobs in various old raids to bring them in line with PoP era raids. Shit was all easy mode of course, including PoP since I was soloing on my own server, but was fun for a brief time.

I'd pay tons of monies to have something similar on live, without the solo part. Raids that scaled based on level or something. One week your guild could do PoP content, the next it would be Kunark, yet both have similar challenge and rewards.

Meh

PoP is like 6 months. And luclin being 3 months is honestly torture. Doing VT/ssra/seru/ac each week is simply not enough but there isn't enough worthwhile content. Time / maybe fire on the docket for PoP for 6 months will burn people hard. LDON adds some raid with little rewards (couple augs?).

Also, you should really try some of the current content with a raiding guild--Luclin especially is exceptionally easy.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
6 months of PoP sounds brutal. Once you are Time keyed, literally all other content is pointless. You log in for your instanced version of Time and then log back out. No other content is worthwhile. I am burned out of Time myself playing on an Emu, having farmed Time the last 1 month only.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Oh PoP is 6 months? That's better, guess I'll stick around that long. I thought it was 3 months.

Don't care about Luclin, although I did enjoy VT back in the day (confirmed masochist) Simply not enough time left to level and do any content there with the 2 key grind added to it. I know my old guild kept doing VT for some of the drops & the FT neck up till we hit elementals, but don't imagine that will actually be a thing this time around.

Still think Luclin was horribly incomplete, I always had the impression there was a lot more planned for the lore/story. I don't recall the issue back then, wasn't that when verant transitioned into SOE ?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh PoP is 6 months? That's better, guess I'll stick around that long. I thought it was 3 months.

Don't care about Luclin, although I did enjoy VT back in the day (confirmed masochist) Simply not enough time left to level and do any content there with the 2 key grind added to it. I know my old guild kept doing VT for some of the drops & the FT neck up till we hit elementals, but don't imagine that will actually be a thing this time around.

Still think Luclin was horribly incomplete, I always had the impression there was a lot more planned for the lore/story. I don't recall the issue back then, wasn't that when verant transitioned into SOE ?

VT will be low number splits because AHR clickies / focuses / neck are still pretty decent, especially for alt / box loot. It'll most likely just be another through-the-roof drop in commando shit or AHR pull out that's common among the larger guilds who do VT splits. Also, the key is far from a grind--outside of rift, you can finish in under a day every time now.

About the story--I think they really wanted to do more with katta / seru but ran out of time. They're both very incomplete cities with 2 useful quests between the two of them--and both of those quests are in katta.