Everquest - Phinigel server

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plus, once you are in Time the rest of PoP content is pretty much obsolete. Log in to clear Time, log out and wait for a new instance to be available. Rinse and repeat for X months.

Sterling

El Presidente
They do have LDoN 3 months in, so there will be some other raiding for Augs and such at least. Since they're into this whole bundling expansions thing they really should bundle LDoN with either PoP or GoD. The way it is now, a lot of people will be max AA before LDoN opens which will make doing the dungeons really less appealing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I don't think Seru had a loot table at launch.

Luclin was so half assed that they just "found" and released the music from the expansion last year lol. SOE was the polar opposite of "we'll release the game when it's finished" Blizzard.

But blizz takes 2 fucking years to release an expansion, EQ had 1 every 9 months. Yeah some of that shit was not finished, tuned, but content is god in MMRPGs especially PvE ones. AND on top of it all, most EQ expansions did not make old ones obsolete, a duble whammy for blizzard, when no one does any of your past shit but conentrates only on current.

Most people in EQ could not care about seru or any of that raid shit until years down the road. Only the poopiest of the poopsockers ever saw that shit anyways, probably less than 5% on any server. EQ at its core was a group centric game. Yeah luclin was shit as a whole, but PoP was great, GOD, OOW, DON, DOD, were all decent. And some others I probably missed in there too, like LoY, and LDON, all made in a span it takes blizard to shit out one expansion of 200 quests, a few zones and R-AIDS!

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
But blizz takes 2 fucking years to release an expansion, EQ had 1 every 9 months. Yeah some of that shit was not finished, tuned, but content is god in MMRPGs especially PvE ones. AND on top of it all, most EQ expansions did not make old ones obsolete, a duble whammy for blizzard, when no one does any of your past shit but conentrates only on current.

Most people in EQ could not care about seru or any of that raid shit until years down the road. Only the poopiest of the poopsockers ever saw that shit anyways, probably less than 5% on any server. EQ at its core was a group centric game. Yeah luclin was shit as a whole, but PoP was great, GOD, OOW, DON, DOD, were all decent. And some others I probably missed in there too, like LoY, and LDON, all made in a span it takes blizard to shit out one expansion of 200 quests, a few zones and R-AIDS!
If the strength of your argument rests upon quantity instead of quality, Blizzard will lose every time. Personally, I struggle to relate to your position; I think GOOD content is king, not just any content. When I'm looking for something to play on Steam I'm looking for one $60 AAA game because I know that I'll enjoy it more than twelve $5 games - even if the total play time of the twelve games would be exponentially longer than the one game.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I think the grouping was the best part of PoP, even the raiding just led to nearly private, better, group xp zones.

The best part of killing somebigraidboss097 (Rallos?) and opening up elementals wasn't more raids and loot. It was the Elysian Fields of xp/AA, that you didn't have to camp check, where bards eventually became swarm xp gods.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wanna get back into this shit bad, but never have blocks of time to play longer than a couple hours. Fuck that shit. Would go through all the work of getting a group going only to have to leave the minute we get to camp. :(

Working 3rd shift was bliss for this game. 2 nights a week, my days off, I could poop sock for 8-10 hours!

Vitality

HUSTLE
AYY you fucks, I'm tryin this shit out, anyone around?

If I dont hear from any of you I'm rolling the usual super hard ench or necro and saying fuckit, otherwise I'll figure out a bard or something group centric.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I officially hate everyone... patching. (I don't think I have a character on Phinny... power level anyone? lol)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Been playing this pretty casually while in queue for Uthgard. If we get a crew going lemme know. Have 60 Cleric for buffs and I'm 100% interested in an alt.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If the strength of your argument rests upon quantity instead of quality, Blizzard will lose every time. Personally, I struggle to relate to your position; I think GOOD content is king, not just any content. When I'm looking for something to play on Steam I'm looking for one $60 AAA game because I know that I'll enjoy it more than twelve $5 games - even if the total play time of the twelve games would be exponentially longer than the one game.

Well if you consider quality 200-300 mind numbing boring ass quests,2-3 on rails dungeons consisting of 2 corridors and 2-3 raids that are farmed for 2 yrs quality, well, obviously we differ in what we call quality. Look I get WoW is a quality game, no doubt about it, just not my cup of tea. The best IMO would be to take blizzards engine and implant it into an EQ world. One thing that blizz definitely got down was the movement, animations and the responsiveness of the client that was the best part of WoW IMO. Aside that, I just felt the world was lifeless and devoid of anything fruitful, nothing to explore other than what the next ! takes you to. Especially anything after the first expansion, then it quickly devolved into even worse over time.

EQs problem was always the fucking over use of downtime, Im all about resource management, which really meant dick in WoW but the way EQ handled it was way the fuck overboard. Also the death penalty sucked. It really punished you for trying to go places and explore. I dont mind the exp hit, but the entire corpse run and all your equipment being back there was also way overboard IMO. Another thing was the instancing. EQ would of definitely profited with some strategically used instancing, like load managing the more popular dungeons of that era, like seb or velks for example. And definitely the raids. All problems which were fixed later, just too late.

So yeah my perfect game would be having wows client and character engineering all set in EQs huge gritty and dangerous world full of mystery

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
What's this stuff? Is this recent or past stuff? Just curious. I mean I knew the guild bank sold kronos sometimes, I heard guild sold kronos to buy certain people characters to main change into, maybe bought past guildmate's characters with the money. Inb4 people say "but no MQ isnt on this server"
pXvKLUC.jpg

didnt watch videos but the picture is lulz. Pretty cool on the unlocks!

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Logged in last night, and realized there wasn't much point to getting some levels with PoK books 2 days away.

Running around doing marathon runs for xp groups, just for the group to disband, or turn out to be morons within 30min of getting there is one of my least favorite things about EQ. Fuck I miss my old guilds, always was someone doing alts that I could join in with.

If anyone is leveling in the next few days, msg me or something if your in the 36ish range. Otherwise I'm saving the hour and half I have left on xp pot for Wednesday.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I didnt know you could automate output seq logs to twitter.
You can automate almost anything in the world nowadays. If it can output to text then you can log it to twitter. This is exactly why twitter was built by the way. Not for social media but to post information in small blurbs and people were using it for logging to start with and then it was corrupted.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You can automate almost anything in the world nowadays. If it can output to text then you can log it to twitter. This is exactly why twitter was built by the way. Not for social media but to post information in small blurbs and people were using it for logging to start with and then it was corrupted.
But can you automate putting @realdonaldtrump into XenForo?