Everquest - Phinigel server

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya the active hacks are probably not recommended use, ghost kill is an active. I miss using m2fastmem, it was great on a necro

lost

<Bronze Donator>
All 61-64 spells are currently on POK vendors. Everyones going nuts. Been a thread on main forums for over an hour too.

HILARIOUS!

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was Cabdru, he took all the good stuff down though sucks. That spell shit is pretty normal once or twice an expansion for DBG.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Someone asked if he'll remove the AE rez and he said "This is an intentional retroactive addition to PoP era." so we'll see. Bought a bunch of spells, heard some of the barterers got fucked hard.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
^^ I agree. I recently rolled up on FV server, bought 3 mill plat from selling a krono and outfitted my dudes with some velious/kunark/Luclin era raid grear. What a blast. (Later repalced with defiant gear at like lv 50+ which is like raid gear, lol)

IMO EQ is best played with a box team these days. Maybe not on Phinny, but on regular servers with mercs, its fun as hell to run 3 classes and mercs pick up the heals and some of the DPS. Playing one character is slow as hell as above mentioned. 3 characters is perfect. I run SK/Ranger/Shaman right now on FV and im having a blast.

I know some just love playing with other peeps, but i just find it refreshing and kind of mind clearing after working all day(posting here) and at night jumping on, setting up at some camp somewhere and doing a few grinding sessions at my own pace. Or even doing a crawl through some dungeon somewhere until I reach a point I cannot advance anymore.

It never lasts though, I usually do this for a few months, get bored and quit for another year two. I think last time I palyed was back in 2013-14. Got all the way up to 85.

Same exact pattern here. Love Firiona Vie for this very reason. It'll be a sad day when I can't hop on every other year and get my fix. EQMac shutting down killed me because of this. But EQ as a whole? Oh dear.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Someone asked if he'll remove the AE rez and he said "This is an intentional retroactive addition to PoP era." so we'll see. Bought a bunch of spells, heard some of the barterers got fucked hard.

Thats awesome, at least theyre consistent with leaving stuff in. I remember i got to keep that mount they released in the store on accident that was like adding a free VT item slot.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just read about the spell vendor on the main forums... Just... It's so bad that I couldn't help but laugh.

It reminds me of my house I lived in growing up, my parents had put so much work into it and it showed.

I went by there a few years ago and the whole house was covered in mildew, all the plants died and the fence around the back yard literally fell the fuck over.

That's DBG.

Sterling

El Presidente
I just read about the spell vendor on the main forums... Just... It's so bad that I couldn't help but laugh.

It reminds me of my house I lived in growing up, my parents had put so much work into it and it showed.

I went by there a few years ago and the whole house was covered in mildew, all the plants died and the fence around the back yard literally fell the fuck over.

That's DBG.
I mean they were trying to put the legit 61 spells that were supposed to be on the vendors in, which is proper, but they somehow added all of the parchment spells too. That was many hours ago and probably too far back to reasonably roll back at this point.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
They are doing database editing by hand or something? You would think by now they would have era changes scripted and down to a science.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Dunno the dev on the thread said "those spells were marked as non purchaseable" so then I think he nuked the vendor. Spent about 50k on spells and sold 1/4th of them so far made 60k back, was decent flip. The snow puma's were awesome yeah I had them on all my characters free cause I had the 500/mo free cash saved up. I remember seeing puma I was like this might get removed, buy buy buy

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
They probably have a skeleton crew of devs if not just a couple for EQ. When we would test the coming expansions we would give our feedback to Prathun directly through some of his friends in AoS. We would give feedback on game breaking exploits, broken scripts, and all kinds of stuff to the dev team directly and I would say barely half of it got fixed before they released an expac. It reminded me a lot of old EQ and Vanguard raid testing where we would give SoE feedback about dupe methods or circumventing raid mechanics and they just left them in for months and didn’t give a fuck.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The pick zone change is killing game for me. Have tried for days in a row just wanting to log in and get some AA. I'm not interested in fighting with three other groups over a handful of mobs or switch some other crappy ass exp spot just because they can't help but to keep messing with things that don't need to change.

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Glad I sold when I did then. I would absolutely have quit from these pick changes you mention. I enjoyed having boxes off at various camps during raid time on the main the most. Eh I'm being a crybaby.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
They changed so picks close if you dont have 1/3rd of the threshold needed across two picks. It applies for base + pick 1 too. It's annoying as hell basically after prime time the shit will close. Theres lot of complaining and they havent reverted it so maybe they're working on a fix, hopefully lowering thresholds so picks spawn easier. It's a bit confusing the quote below so I'm not 100% on it, there was another quote where he said 1/3rd is the threshold to close a pick.

Seems silly to do if theres onle base + pick 1 but whatever.

To prevent pick lock abuse / a few people having an entire pick instance to themselves. We initially designed this to just force a zone to shut down and move everyone from the zone to the base zone. However, we felt that this would be too disruptive. We then came up with locking zones so people have time to complete a fight.
Future changes to the locking: we will be turning off XP in locked picks and also stopping respawns in locked picks
A few additional clarifications to concerns we've seen recently:
Pick lock zones do not unlock when the population of the current zones reaches the threshold to spawn a new one. Instead of spawning a new pick, it unlocks one of the locked ones.
Zones that are selected to lock are done in pairs. These two zones would not close at the same time, only the one with fewer players in it.
These changes do not happen quickly. The only way a zone would lock quickly is if many people flocked to a zone then left immediately.
The base zone is included in this system but will never lock.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why are they fucking with something that makes this server so popular. Fucking daybreak, lol.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wow, lots of pissed off people. They need to change this shit back. 40 in some zones is fucking lol worthy overpacked. I know back in the day 2-4 good groups could hold down entire PoF and still be waiting for repops.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Being on ragefire not sure how it's messing with PoP zones but since we are still in Luclin the only really viable xp outside of AoE the deep is dark blues in GE which can only support 2 groups. Even with our low pop we would often have 3+ picks going and we could spread out and not be on top of each other. Now it's impossible to keep those picks open and everyday starts a new with hours of overcrowding with no mobs to kill.