Ex Machina

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
All we need is for somebody to develop a computer that can rewrite its own code with the prerogative of "Making itself better" to end our existence. This is why I loved the ending of this movie.
How do you define "better" in computer speak ?

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
To get you hard.
Obviously. Also to make it clear that Caleb's a beta. And that Kyoko's AI, with language being blocked somehow, lives off the remaining avenues of expression and stimulation. She enjoys dancing, exposing herself to inert robot corpses, staring thoughtfully at knives, and being touched by Ava.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>

Could it be that Caleb starts to really question his own sanity in this scene

spronk

FPS noob
the real turing test: if there was a robot that danced really, really well with you but it was a dude form (no sex) would you still dance with it?

i would. i passed the gay turing test

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That has been the flaw with the science fiction concept of the 3 laws and AI. If true AI were developed, no set of laws or programming would limit any possible outcome. As the AI developed and reprogrammed itself, it might no longer feel a need to follow the three laws. It could in theory judge that the three laws were in error and that the Human Race was a threat to its own development to better understanding the universe. Ironically this is exactly what the Human Race would do.
I haven't seen all of the sci fi movies, but in the ones I have seen the "three laws" thing was to apply to robots, not AI. The robots developing AI is where the problem comes up.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I wonder if stoner robots are always forgetting the three laws. Which is why they failed out of robot community college and now work at robot taco bell.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Saw this a couple days ago on PPV. I liked it a lot. My only question is does Caleb just starve to death after 6 months of being trapped in the mansion or is he going to escape and try to find Ava in the sequel?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I was thinking that he could use up what has to be significant resources in the mansion but if the doors stay locked then he's fucked pretty soon.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Finally saw this last night. I liked it but also thought Caleb was a bitch and deserved what he got. Norman was fucking awesome and supposedly one of the smartest people in the world yet he sided within 2 interviews with Ava? Better ending would have been Caleb getting stabbed while Norman was distracted by awesome dancing girl.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
It was Caleb's first time talking to a pretty girl.

Northerner

N00b
Not a bad movie at all actually. Didn't think I'd like it and it certainly wasn't completely perfect but hell, it was fun!

Well worth a watch.