Fallout 4

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, that's why I mentioned its mainly aimed towards ps4/xb1.

Also, just read a wiki that said you need to listen to radio freedom to hear if your settlements are being attacked.
Is that why we're not noticing them?
Mine popped up on screen.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
weird bug, giving me OP powers
I now have 95% headshot chance at any range. I think this happened when I got Macready's max rep perk ("Headshot accuracy is increased 20%"). I can literally scan the horizon hitting VATS, then when it triggers I'll get like 1% to hit torso and 95% to hit headshots, and I nail them NP.

I guess I'm not the only one.
MacCready's perk is damn OP :: Fallout 4 General Discussions
How to turn Nora into Quiet. : Fallout

It's funny, I dragged him along stealing from everyone just to get that perk to make VATS finally useful, now it's OP. If this were an MMO I'd cancel sleep and work and abuse the shit out of this 24/7 until it's hotfixed. But with this game all it means is I can't in good conscience take headshots anymore, so it's a huge nerf lol.

Caliane

Must be the awareness perk (or I'm totally blind).

As an aside, I can't find an rifle-type energy weapon for the life of me. Have so many EC's too! Just running around with combat rifle, combat shotty, and sniper for now. Rifle build is fun stuff though.

Also ran into some kind of cool but also really annoying weather. Fuckin radioactive lightning storm! Got all foggy, heavy thunder/lightning, green tinge to the air. 7-10 rads a second or so. Fast traveled to GTFO.
weird. I was just thinking this afternoon, how the game railroads you into rifles... the intro mission in cambridge gives you the laser musket. then, the level 10ish Brotherhood of steel mission, you should have found pretty quickly, gives you VERY good laser rifle.
follow that military radio frequency if you havent yet..

and yeah weather effects are pretty fantastic. the rad storms. and rain on your visor in power armor.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So settlements have very limited world interaction then?
Honestly it seems like a feature that was shoe horned into the game due to how insanely popular base building games are right now.

IMO Fallout 4 is gonna go down as insanely overrated when its all said and done once the hype of release fades. Its nothing more than NV with a very lackluster base building/management component thrown in. It will be a great game, in a year after modders have had to actually flesh out the game more and fix the backwards mechanics.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Honestly it seems like a feature that was shoe horned into the game due to how insanely popular base building games are right now.

IMO Fallout 4 is gonna go down as insanely overrated when its all said and done once the hype of release fades. Its nothing more than NV with a very lackluster base building/management component thrown in. It will be a great game, in a year after modders have had to actually flesh out the game more and fix the backwards mechanics.
hey don't forget the itemization system that allows one modifier to your weapon and drops from a random mob that is a little more tougher than normal mobs! This kind of advanced mechanic was ground breaking just twenty years ago!

Brikker

Trump's Staff

So...like FO3 and FONV and Skyrim, etc etc? :p

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Meh Fallout 4 is still a decent game. Just many of the "new features" are pretty shitty or half assed. Some of the older strong points of the game have taken a dive somewhat but the core is still ok once you get past that.

Base building could of been so much more had they allowed you to just build up Sanctuary, not make it look like someone shot it up with a gatlin gun after you built stuff and had an actual reason to defend it and build it up. Right now it's just a demo of something that might be cool in Fallout 5. Tacked on and half ass.

Companions are also very weak. Let's see there are two stages of "I like you" and you get a sentence or two with 3 options for back story. Literally over in less than 2 minutes. Then it seems they wall off what you'd have to be nuts to call romance behind a CHA check? Meh. Completely half assed.

Crafting is weak as well. No repair is pretty stupid in this setting. I felt repair in the previous games was a little over done but removing it completely is stupid. Especially with the shitty itemization and the fact that you are swimming in guns the entire fucking game.

The new leveling system has it's ups and downs. Mostly downs IMO. It is just to easy to get everything you need and a lot of stuff like hacking is pretty much totally useless outside of less than a handful of terminals of which there is no real good lore and very likely the door you open isn't worth the effort since loot is just fucking everywhere. In fact most of the perks in the list are useless and not worth going deep at all in the Special. I shouldn't' be able to dump STR, END, CHA completely and be thriving in game.

Loot itemization just feels really wrong in this game. Tons of loot and it's all the fucking same crap. If I run back with 30 laser pistols from the Institute again I could vomit.

Lore from terminals and other stuff feels weak as well. Where are the mutant camps with the nurse entries from survivors from the war? You get little tidbits of stuff like the pissed off psycho boss that wants to stab an employee but it just feels so weak compared to what you could find in Fallout 3 or Nv. Half the terminals are just some shit order status or breakdown of information like criminal records without any story or real reason to be there.

The one thing they did get kind of right is the shooting mechanics are much improved. Nothing like a real FPS but still much improved over the previous games. Hopefully they continue to tighten things up.

Most of the new stuff feels really rushed and half assed. Still a decent fallout game though since you can ignore it. Certainly not the best of the series but it also isn't total garbage.

I hope the next installment fixes most of this and somehow finds a way to not make me into a virtual god among men by the end of the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
weird bug, giving me OP powers
I now have 95% headshot chance at any range. I think this happened when I got Macready's max rep perk ("Headshot accuracy is increased 20%"). I can literally scan the horizon hitting VATS, then when it triggers I'll get like 1% to hit torso and 95% to hit headshots, and I nail them NP.

I guess I'm not the only one.
MacCready's perk is damn OP :: Fallout 4 General Discussions
How to turn Nora into Quiet. : Fallout

It's funny, I dragged him along stealing from everyone just to get that perk to make VATS finally useful, now it's OP. If this were an MMO I'd cancel sleep and work and abuse the shit out of this 24/7 until it's hotfixed. But with this game all it means is I can't in good conscience take headshots anymore, so it's a huge nerf lol.
Luckily the perk id list is out, so I was able to player.removeperk it... I would've loved that extra 20% head shot chance though!!!

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All settlers have infinite ammo? So I can just give them any weapon + 1 of the appropriate ammo type? Sweet, did not know that! Was dumping excess .38 to them since they all seem to spawn with Pipe pistols.
I don't think this is true. I've tried with preston and he will use the 1 ammo then go back to his shitty wind up laser rifle.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Gun nut actually I'm pretty sure.
Hrm, I'm only at rank 2 but I don't see how I'd turn a regular rifle into an energy one?

I also just upped the difficulty from Normal to Survival. I did Very Hard until I got to the first Deathclaw and didn't like how tedious it was to take it down. Knocked to normal; now at level 14 with Gun Nut 2 modded weapons, I can take out lesser Legendary's in a shot or two on Survival
tongue.png

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
I like this game. It has plenty of gameplay flaws that others have discussed here but most can be forgiven, or were expected. It's Bethesda. However now that the shiny has worn off I'm starting to get really pissed off at the framerate drops in this game. The most obvious and worst are the massive drops when scoping, though there are others that occur seemingly at random. My rig is more than capable of running this thing at ultra, but I still get awful drops even with shit settings. Going from 60 fps down to 15 when I scope for a kill is some bullshit, especially in the middle of a firefight. The load times are wtf as well. I reinstalled onto my SSD to try and cut the time down but it's still uncomfortably long. Wtf did they code this game with? Spaghetti?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I don't think this is true. I've tried with preston and he will use the 1 ammo then go back to his shitty wind up laser rifle.
Does Preston become interact-able later? I have no commands available with him and if I talk to him it's just passive dialogue, no options like other interact-able settlers. I also have a Settler just sitting in the road, stuck and unresponsive to anything =/

WTB mods like this game has been out for 2 years

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hrm, I'm only at rank 2 but I don't see how I'd turn a regular rifle into an energy one?

I also just upped the difficulty from Normal to Survival. I did Very Hard until I got to the first Deathclaw and didn't like how tedious it was to take it down. Knocked to normal; now at level 14 with Gun Nut 2 modded weapons, I can take out lesser Legendary's in a shot or two on Survival
tongue.png
Replace the grip and stock with mods.

You might need science to modify laser weapons I dunno tbh.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Found greygarden, then spent hours building a outpost on top of the highway that the base includes. Would of loved to have the liftcar things the npcs get for their highway bases.