Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I got Rain awakened to 6 and around level 80 iirc.

Still patiently doing TM on the quadanes.

Rain
Arianna
Ling
Nocti
Refia

That's my main group right now. Working up Snow as a tank I guess. Have no Cecil.

Got myself Ramuh today and Shiva the other day so I have an Esper per party member now.

How should I be targeting a Cecil or is he not a must have tank?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Exaggerating a little on my part. I can pretty much execute it every round.

I know what you meant but you don't use her LB to cap chains, you use true shot. Her LB being higher total damage is irrelevant since it's split into 5 randomly targeted shots.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Sealing water isn't that big a deal, the int break is meaningless because nobody brings casters and the spr break isn't that bad because none of his attacks are pure magic. And if you're bringing Cecil, you want to leave light unsealed because it dramatically reduces Gilg's damage to be wasting attacks against a light immune tank.

You guys also seem to be forgetting about the achievements. Or that you'll want to keep magic break up.

I don't know what the achievements are. Is he break resistant at all?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know what the achievements are. Is he break resistant at all?

He's immune to everything except magic break (which you want to break since all his attacks are hybrid).

Kill with LB: 10% moogle
Kill with 5 or less: 30% atk materia
Kill without using items: AoE dispel +dmg with def ignore materia

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
How should I be targeting a Cecil or is he not a must have tank?

There's no way to pull specifically for a unit unless they're on a banner (Cecil isn't and likely won't be anytime soon). Have to just get lucky with him as an off pull. Warrior of Light's a better tank after his upgrade (soon'ish) and when his event happens, there's a chance he appears on a banner with rateup.

Snow's not as good of a tank, but he's "good enough" for content released so far. Make sure you have Golem too. He's kind of a hidden esper, but the wiki has info on his unlock. Run him on your tank.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Amusingly, Rain I think can have better defense because of heavy armor / heavy helm equipment options, but Snow has innate draw attacks, which stacks with provoke for (I think) near 100% threat. Snow also has a higher health pool.

Either can do the job I guess!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's no way to pull specifically for a unit unless they're on a banner (Cecil isn't and likely won't be anytime soon). Have to just get lucky with him as an off pull. Warrior of Light's a better tank after his upgrade (soon'ish) and when his event happens, there's a chance he appears on a banner with rateup.

I feel like WoL really isn't any better than Cecil when you have access to Ling.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Cecil and WoL are pretty close when it comes to the ability to take hits. The thing that sets them apart is Cecil brings good healing, while WoL brings good breaks.

Ling can cover breaks, which steals some of WoL's utility. Cecil and WoL are both top tier tanks, and eventually you want both maxed out for flexibility depending what the fight needs.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I just tried the march of beasts trial, holy fuck do I wish I had someone to be a better mana battery. I was only a few points from rank and had a full stam so figured i'd try it fast being a moron and not researching it. 9 fucking fights and didn't bring the right items. I managed to win but it came down to the last fight and only my Olive was alive with 500 hp when the victory bell went off!

Got my Ref & Dark F to 6 star max lvl after farming that shit all day (2 calamity gems in fucking 250 stam). But I got a solid arena team now (in top 8k now with no resets) and semi decent pve group all 6 star max. Now I just need to wait for replacements for lightning and a sub for emp on physical meta fights. I have luneth & ExD both 5 star max but no mats and lots of farming to do. Once I get those 2 i'll be good in all areas except for a general breaker but figured i'd just wait until WoL is 6 star or sub my 5 star in if needed for single target.

Also have Marie hanging out but doesn't sound like she is much of a priority at this point since my mats are holding me back.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My Ling has 100% evasion and is a monster. She's a really fun unit to use, I'm glad I got her. It would be cool if you could trade units, but I guess that could get out of hand. Limited Time units could go for a premium.

Murked

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Amazon Lapis pool is different than non-Amazon. Is one of your devices using Amazon and the other not?