Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Hmm ok thanks Sinzar, I guess 1 question would be is there any useful units coming anytime in the horizon with 60% attack to group? Looks like i'd need to raise Sol to 6 star lvl 100 to get that attack buff. Long term whenever enhacements are coming Ramza will ultimately fill buff bot role but I would like to have the complimentary team for OTK attempts so I guess I should bite the built and try and get her to max since I have no Dark A. I have some non attack BiS items on my team for Iffirit so i'll try fucking around with just max gear for damage and see if I can do it and if not i'll farm the bitch up.

So long, long term (not counting friend) would a team with BiS gear be better to go 2 Orlandu's, 2 Olive Finishers, 1 Olive debuff or is the attack buff person going to add more to the total damage then an extra BiS damager (could do 3 Orlandu's 2 Olives as well)

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ok well got it to like 3% with Orlandu friend and then tried with an Olive friend and completely destroyed it. I'll hold off on getting Sol up until I need it since I have almost no cactaurs left :(

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Just picked this game up tonight. What's currently the best use of my first 5 summon tickets with the current banners?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Heya Koushirou, if you haven't spent any/much $$ i'd strongly encourage you to send Twilight Sparkle a message and see if he still has a cheap alt account to sell (think he had one for 25 dollars that would give you a huge ass jump without you needing to try and reroll).

This banner has 1 of the most anticpated damage folks in the game who can chain with another copy of him (friend) and some future units so i'd suggest if you just started to reroll (go to reddit final fantasty brave forum and look up most efficient method) until you get him (Orlandu) or Noctis. Noctis will make a extremely large difference as you progress. As I said if Twilight has a good account i'd bite the bullet and pay him a few bucks, some times people have spent $1000 when unlucky chasing some of the natural 5 star units that he could set you up with right out the gate.

Also whatever you do, friends make everything 10000X easier especially at the start. if you go to reddit and up top one of the links is a post with friend codes, i'd suggest sending everyone you can on there to get some good units to carry you early.

You can add me in the friends area at 488,881,056 (IGN: Nukez). Are you planning on spending much/any money on the game or just Free To Play?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just picked this game up tonight. What's currently the best use of my first 5 summon tickets with the current banners?

It depends how you want to play the game. There's only two real banners right now, the Tactics banner and the generic banner. The other 3 banners are special banners that don't use summon tickets (Raid, Arena, and Friend Point).

If you want to min/max and spend a ton of time tediously rerolling, you can chase Orlandeau on the tactics banner, since he's a top unit, but only 0.5% chance per summon to pull him. The other banner units are terrible.

If you just want to play the game, the current banner is absolutely horrible for a new player, so you should either use tickets on the generic pool, or just hold them until the new banner next Friday, which is almost certainly better than the current one. Use the week to work on story mode. Thancred / Rain / Lasswell / Fina unit are plenty good enough to get you through the first continent or two of story mode while waiting for the next banner. Use friends to carry you through the Ifrit raid and pray you can land a Yshtola before the raid ends.

T turbo Olive isn't a long term unit. Once Dark Cecil gets upgraded, he's better for OTK setups and finishers. Focus on Orlandeau instead, he's going to be relevant for a long time.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I would have to agree with T turbo on this one. For so late in the game and the amount of time investment to get caught up, I would look into getting a cheaper starter account from someone that already has at least one *5 base unit. Looking back now at the time I spent as F2P (free to play) to get through ranks and the frustration of grinding and not getting any *5 base units, the $25 would been well spent. If you are looking to enjoy the story/content (which is slow to update and not that engaging for a FF title) then by all means, just start fresh and definitely save your summon tickets for the next banner on Friday. Good luck!

General question for everyone. Has anyone encountered a yellow chocobo? I have only seen red and black, but a guide I referenced showed that JP had yellow, black, and red. Maybe they changed that for GL.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I've had all 3 colors. Feels like red is most common, then black, then yellow, but I've definitely seen them all.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much just going to be purely FtP. Already have FFRK to eat my free money. Will grab those friend codes though once I reroll something good.

I'll give the Orlandeau chase a bit longer and if no luck I'll just wait for that Friday banner. Tight on money, so I'm not really interested in dropping cash for a different account. I'm mainly just looking to play as an extra distraction on my phone while FFRK's stamina is recharging.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Alternatively, on my first account I got a 5* Luneth, so I don't know if it's worth it to just go with that. How rare are the 5* guys in general? I've done about 10 rerolls so far and he's the only 5* I've seen.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Alternatively, on my first account I got a 5* Luneth, so I don't know if it's worth it to just go with that. How rare are the 5* guys in general? I've done about 10 rerolls so far and he's the only 5* I've seen.
5* are pretty rare, and he's a decent starter (as he has native dual wield, which is incredibly broken/awesome). Long-term he is "good" but there are better (Gilgamesh, Orlando, Noctis to a degree), but they require more investment to get off the ground (TMs, equipment, etc).

turbo

Molten Core Raider
It depends how you want to play the game. There's only two real banners right now, the Tactics banner and the generic banner. The other 3 banners are special banners that don't use summon tickets (Raid, Arena, and Friend Point).

If you want to min/max and spend a ton of time tediously rerolling, you can chase Orlandeau on the tactics banner, since he's a top unit, but only 0.5% chance per summon to pull him. The other banner units are terrible.

If you just want to play the game, the current banner is absolutely horrible for a new player, so you should either use tickets on the generic pool, or just hold them until the new banner next Friday, which is almost certainly better than the current one. Use the week to work on story mode. Thancred / Rain / Lasswell / Fina unit are plenty good enough to get you through the first continent or two of story mode while waiting for the next banner. Use friends to carry you through the Ifrit raid and pray you can land a Yshtola before the raid ends.

T turbo Olive isn't a long term unit. Once Dark Cecil gets upgraded, he's better for OTK setups and finishers. Focus on Orlandeau instead, he's going to be relevant for a long time.

Well since Olive is global exclusive I don't think we can truly say DCK will be better without knowing her enhancements but i'd imagine he will come first :)

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I've got a fairly nice account I can let go too. Elza, Tilith, Marie, Cecil, Refia, like 10 exdeaths, Ling, lot of TMs done including dualcast, dual wield. Just PM me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Unfriended 971 and 980 Orlandu companions off my friend list just now. Hurts my soul but if you're such a dumbfuck that you don't have bladeblitz on your Odin, I just don't know what to say.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I've got a ton of Smart pots stacking up and I've already maxed out two Exdeaths, Primm, and Y'shtola. I know there are some *6 awakenings coming up for Kefka and Terra. Are either of them worth investing in? I have both at level 80 and waiting. Just wondering if I should prioritize one over the other. From what I can tell from the Altema site, both of their MAG stats are pretty close at *6. I guess it would come down to skills at lvl 100, but I can't read Japanese. I'm not really hurting for space, so I guess I could hang onto the smart pots a while for the next great caster to come along or if I miraculously pull D. Fina.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
6* kefka and terra both suck. Yes, I'm getting overstocked on mag pots too.

*edit*

It is possible that more units will get the Ace treatment on GL, where one of their skills is made to work with dual wield. Can't say how much that would change things.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Do you have Refia? Max her mag stat too. It very minorly helps with healing, but I use Refia in arena as a mage dualcasting Alterna (requires Noctis TM though).

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
Alright so now that I've fixed my account on FoH. I've gotten back into FFBE after drawing an Orlandu. Put on my older TMs + Gilga trial stuff and have him up to 923 attack (after maxing out Odin).

Friend Code is here - 032, 688, 578 (Have something about rerolled in your profile for me to accept).

Ironically, I somehow added Nukez already who I think was advertising on Reddit. So that's a thing.