Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Arica-Jade

Lord Nagafen Raider
While I'm happy I managed to pull TGCid, I'm having regrets..

Maybe I lack the TMs or I don't know how to utilize him properly, but I kind of wish I had gotten Noct or Gilg. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy I'll be able to get all the event stuff for once... But I think I could have gotten the past event stuff with a noct or gilg (or better tms)

Sorry, just kind of rambling now.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
You need Dual Wield and Excalibur minimum for Orlandeau to be good. You can kind of sneak by with Durandal, but Excalibur is really what you should be aiming for.

Also the idea is that you use his Divine Ruination for chaining. Your Orlandeau + a friend Orlandeau both using Divine Ruination is how you get the crazy damage.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
You need Dual Wield and Excalibur minimum for Orlandeau to be good. You can kind of sneak by with Durandal, but Excalibur is really what you should be aiming for.

Also the idea is that you use his Divine Ruination for chaining. Your Orlandeau + a friend Orlandeau both using Divine Ruination is how you get the crazy damage.

Just to further elaborate here. You basically need to tap in both Orlandu's at the same time to build a 27 chain. The damage it outputs when well geared with 2 Orlandu's is nothing short of nutty when executed right. On ELT Ifrit I'm generally doing between 50% to 67% of his health on the first double Orlandu combo.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Looks like more story is finally coming. Should be able to clear through that quick the back to farming. Lasswell *6? Not impressed... I hope he is not required for one of the missions on the new island.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not impressed by the ability to do 20000 damage a turn in arena huh?

Anyway, had my first loss all month happen on both GL and JP today. GL was a non dual-wielded blizzard flask stopping my entire party on turn 1, but JP was some epic WTF.

8NbCeL9.png

Thats right, I lost to a team running not 1, but 2 5* max in arena.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Gav/Daez, thank you guys! Got my Y'shtola today.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Haha, I had my first one too yesterday but it was fucking my own dumb ass fault. I accidently auto attacked when I put my phone in my pocket to jump in a car after they had went first round and did a fairly decent amount of damage to me. They got first attack again the 2nd round and I lost too many (was #3 team, 3 Noctis and can't remember the other 2).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ulrika (the one still alive on the front) has one crappy attack skill and then 7 different counters. I don't think she can counter any given attack more than once, but it does mean she's probably going to counter every single attack.

What's funny is that I lost because she covered Vanille two turns in a row, so I was unable to prevent Vanille's LB from going off. Except Ulrika doesn't have native cover, and there's no way she had it from a materia or accessory because she was at max evasion. Which means I got buttfucked by Golem's 5% cover chance going off twice in a row on the same unit.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I don't look at a unit from the arena perspective. I do arenas for the pots and moggles. What skill does Lasswell have that hits so hard in arena? His counter or his new AOE?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
His AoE is a 2 hit aoe attack, which means with dualwield it doubles to 4x aoe. It's a skill with a low modifier, but it's easy to cap damage in arena, so even with midlevel gear and maneater or something, Lasswell can do 4000 aoe damage per round, which is I think the highest potential damage of any unit in arena (not counting chains).

It's physical damage though, and doesn't ignore cover. Which means against most whale teams it doesn't even matter. Need mages or stop to handle evasion foolishness.

Vinen

God is dead
Got bored and did a few more 10+1 last night...
Saw a Rainbow and was hyped for another Orlandu. Got Queen.
Not sad as I need a few of her TMR.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
His AoE is a 2 hit aoe attack, which means with dualwield it doubles to 4x aoe. It's a skill with a low modifier, but it's easy to cap damage in arena, so even with midlevel gear and maneater or something, Lasswell can do 4000 aoe damage per round, which is I think the highest potential damage of any unit in arena (not counting chains).

It's physical damage though, and doesn't ignore cover. Which means against most whale teams it doesn't even matter. Need mages or stop to handle evasion foolishness.

If it doesn't matter, then why does everyone on JP run DV in arena if they have him? Fact is that 4x attacks are incredibly powerful.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Eh. I might swap out Lasswell for Chizuru in my arena team. 100% or high evasion Noctis and Ling are still going to be trouble so I'll keep 2 Exdeath and Primm in to handle them. I should probably top off Y'shtola now and swap her in now that I finally finished all the achievement for Ifrit raid and got her. Never pulled her in all the raid summons I did. Go figure with my luck. Oh well. I pulled enough mats to craft 2 of her wands in case I decide to DW her someday for fun. Plus 20% HP from weapons is pretty nice for arenas. Oh man, I just realized she can use hammers, so the 15% HP Mighty Hammer could be an option too.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yshtolas will be a decent option to swap in on ff14 bonus weeks too, which will happen from time to time.

Despite everyone's love for 5* bases on JP, I feel like Exdeath will be the best arena mage until William comes out. His human slayers working on spells means that he can hit the damage cap with less mag than any other caster in the game, which means you can load him up more heavily with defensive stats. His enhancements raise his slayer up to 50% and change meteor to 3 hits instead of 1, which substantially increases the damage of meteor chains.

Pricey to enhance multiple Exdeaths, but with the except of Ace, mage enhancements are really only good for PVP anyway so what the hell else are you gonna do with your magic stones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If it doesn't matter, then why does everyone on JP run DV in arena if they have him? Fact is that 4x attacks are incredibly powerful.

Probably the same reason every other team in arena now has Orlandeau. Whales like to show off, even if it's not the best team.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider

We have Leon who does the exact same thing. Only difference is that he's a 5* max so it's difficult to get him to the damage cap without TMRs.