Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
He has high resistance to paralyze, though honestly I don't know how status resistance really works in this game, because things like fire flask or dance of death land way more than they should, even through high resists.

Here's two examples of how my farm runs go:

I didn't pull on this banner, so no good synergy friend from me this week, but for anyone on my friends list struggling with ELT, feel free to use my Noctis as shown to easily farm the boss with 5 of your own synergy units.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Fire Flask can paralyze him. I figured as much but I checked. I prefer to get paralyze from Setzer so Noctis can do more damage though.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Once i got Setzer leveled to get Cursed Card, it was easy to carry with Orlandeau. Imperil, paralyze, DR... repeat. Avg 800 fish. I plan to farm one alcryst, just not sure which. I got 1 of each from eggs so far.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Can someone explain to me why people are going crazy over Setzer? He seems extremely gimmicky; if nothing else he's a single-target Chizuru with less damage?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Can someone explain to me why people are going crazy over Setzer? He seems extremely gimmicky; if nothing else he's a single-target Chizuru with less damage?

GL players are stupid, that's why.

Anyway I beat Robo today on JP. 1 hr 55 minute fight, and I was spending the whole time fighting him, wasn't getting distracted by other shit. Horribly designed fight, but god damn that robo knuckle hnnnnng. I bet half of the people in this thread quit the game when Robo comes out.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Well I give the company credit; when I had purchased a round of lapis on my pulls this morning it errored out right when it was about to finish and it took my amazon coins but I got no lapis. I put in a ticket right after it and got home late tonight and when switching screens it said restarting a purchase or some shit and it gave me my 18k or whatever lapis back so that's nice. 34k lapis staring at me waiting to be burned in TM's until the next banner! Have 2 more shines half done which will give me almost 2 full people with 30% + dodge, a 2nd deather bringer, a 2nd genji glove, and a 2nd marie's robe all 50% or so. Yippy skippy; think next round i'll go Trance Terra, and 3 L&A since I only have 1 L&A. Maybe a 3rd Emp TM as the 5th so i'll have a real solid 2 mage near BiS setup incase magic is needed.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Did they change the friend system recently? I have wonderful people with green odins all over the place and I get 18 pugs and 2 friends all the time in the list

Vinen

God is dead

Single and multi-target chains that are superior to Chizuru. Also has access to three elements without TMR as opposed to Chizurus 1.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Did they change the friend system recently? I have wonderful people with green odins all over the place and I get 18 pugs and 2 friends all the time in the list
For a second I thought I was in the PAD thread. Wat.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm almost finished farming this event already, though I think I'm going to keep farming an extra day or two and buy the Power Purecryst since I need 5 of those for my enhancement plans.

Gavinmad Gavinmad Any insight into the upcoming Ultros & Typhon trial? I like to try to prepare as best as I can for upcoming trials with TM's etc, and a slot on my TM team is about to open up.

Last edited:

fris

Vyemm Raider
How are you planning your purecyst needs? I 1st the current set of characters i can upgrade their abilities and i have no interest. I have 400 rainbow eggs and don't know winch commit to buy

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I only have 4 units with enhancements anytime soon that I use on a regular basis: Cecil, Refia, Gilgamesh, and potentially Dark Cecil (after upgrades).

Cecil and Refia are both likely to be benched after Tilith and WoL get released, so I probably won't use rare enhancement materials on them, which only leaves me Gilgamesh and Dark Cecil.

I'm not going to bother enhancing Gilgamesh's Snowpetal, because I almost never use him as a finisher, but I do want to upgrade his Tri-Attack (power purecryst). Upgrading his weapon passive would be nice (tech purecrysts), but that's low priority for me.

Dark Cecil's going to be the big investment for me. You basically have to upgrade his passive to give him the full regen each round if you want to use him (support purecryst). His super nuke + 100% imperil costs a total of 4 power purecrysts, which is going to be very expensive, but hopefully worth it. Good news is upgrading his AoE imperil nuke is super cheap, and only needs T1-3 stones and none from T4-5, so I can use that in the meantime while working on his souleater upgrade.

That's assuming of course that Dark Cecil even gets his enhancements anytime soon. There's always the chance that I pull someone with better purecryst value between now and then.

Very longterm, I'll want to upgrade Agrias and WoL with enhancements too, but that's probably not until 2018 anyway.

You can see who needs what enhancement materials once they release here: enhancements - FFBraveExvius with the typical things may change for Global disclaimer

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You do know that you have to land a heal on DKC between hits of enhanced soul eater if you're DWing right?

I mean it's not that big a deal since the window to land the heal is pretty large, and you can generally just soft-reset if you screw up, but it's something to keep in mind. It does mean you have to have a heal available every single turn you want to use him, although I'd guess even a cura would be enough if you aren't stacking a lot of hps on him.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The healing thing does make it more complicated to use, but even if going with doublehand (at a big personal dps loss to DKC), the 100% imperil is still really huge when you can take advantage (and if you have DKC at all, you already have the best darkness weapon from his TM for say Noctis or Gilgamesh). Most hard fights though, you're going to be healing each round anyhow, and there's still the option of using Dark Cannon for a round if the healing isn't available.

Really depends when DKC's enhancements come out of course. If they're delayed until after Dark Veritas, he won't be quite as big a deal since DV can also apply a -100% imperil, though DKC's is on demand.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As for Ultros and Typhon, it's hard to judge because I absolutely steamrolled the trial when I did it on JP, but I can say the type of fight seems generally similar to Dark Espers. It's an execution fight where if you pay attention, know the mechanics, and have the right party comp, you should do ok.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
The spawn rate of golden bombs and nelapas is good as usual. Haven't seen a nelapa yet and only 2 bombs. Do they both spawn as an extra combat round? So there will be 6 fights instead of 5, right?