Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yep. I went a pure survival build based aound getting Garnet's LB gauge filled. Other than his threshold attacks the damage was very manageable. I got lucky and he went dark vulnerable on the same turn I had a full Esper gauge for Carbuncle (already summoned Diablos). Summoned Carbuncle and then hit him with a bunch of limited items from an event that most players don't have to trivialize the fight.

Still need to do a LB kill but got the rest.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Summoned Carbuncle and then hit him with a bunch of limited items from an event that most players don't have to trivialize the fight.

lol

I'll probably do the same party comp but wait for ice vuln with a pair of fryevias, with fry's sword on noctis for the LB kill in hopes of getting it all in a single run. Might finish my Jack TM with a couple mogs to help Garnet out.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just as a FYI, Setzer with any shitty elemental weapon can 1 shot Kefka with his fixed damage. Maneater Materia, on Diabolos, and Double Dice using something like a flametongue, icebrand, or coral sword will flat out kill Kefka on 3 of the 5 possible outcomes (during the proper weakness).

You would miss the limit break mission though.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Got the LB kill. Was very easy when I wasn't trying to juggle the other achievements. Used COD and two Nocti with Ling entrusting her gauge. Worked him to 10% and then unleashed when he went dark weak.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Got all the achievements in 1st attempt; used

Cecil - Provoke/DC heals/LB Def
Refia - DC heals/Esuna/LB for group status removal
Marie - Resists Buff/Focus/DC reflect
Noctis - No ele weapons just to build LB/esper
Olive - Just there to have a strong LB to finish
Friend - Lightning (had shit for friends up) but she had no ele weapons

Slow to get the espers done but other then that was never in any real danager minus the one threshhold attack i wasn't paying attention for and didn't have any buffs up really but only lost 1. Noctis and Lightning just auto'd most the time until i had espers done then both covered most ele's to weaken him low enough for Olive to butt rape.

i have my Marie friend up for those that don't have her, she has pretty insane resists/hp with my current setup so she should be able to help those who need buff bitch.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I got The Psycho Clown down. I had to kill him twice. The first time, I forgot the Survival Edge was wind damage and Setzer one shot him (Man-Eater, Diabolos, Double Dice 77777). The second time I used Rydia to make the esper summons quicker and had a Noctis friend LB for the final kill. I used Cecil (DC), Y'shtola, CoD, and Setzer. Everyone was geared for surviveability (HP and resists).

I am clearing out the story content now. I decided to only get 1 purecryst and get back to TMR farming. 4 days of solid fish farming does not seem worth it for 1 purecryst (~1200 NRG). Am I wrong here?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The Dragon Shield (and equip L shield materia to go along with it) from the new keys is kind of insane as totally free rewards from the new vault keys.

As far as purecrysts, I don't think it's worth the energy to grind that much unless you need 4+ of the same purecryst.

On the other hand, I thought story updates were when we got the "easy" enhancement materials? Well, far as I can tell, there's no enhancement materials from this story update, so uh, where's the fast and easy enhancement stuff?

Vinen

God is dead
The Dragon Shield (and equip L shield materia to go along with it) from the new keys is kind of insane as totally free rewards from the new vault keys.

As far as purecrysts, I don't think it's worth the energy to grind that much unless you need 4+ of the same purecryst.

On the other hand, I thought story updates were when we got the "easy" enhancement materials? Well, far as I can tell, there's no enhancement materials from this story update, so uh, where's the fast and easy enhancement stuff?

Story Events not updates. They are new a type of event which we will eventually be getting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

If you think the dragon shield is nice, wait til you see the completion reward for aurora keys.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Finally back home from travel and can get some shit done; TM farming about finished my 2nd Marie robe TM, 2nd Genji glove, and 6th quick assault...think its time to finally knock out 3 more L&A's incase i need a mage BiS setup. Probably get 3rd emp TM here soon so i can run 2 mage runs.

Only going to get a 2nd purecyst farmed probably as farming fish all weekend does not sound fun. I've only done 1 enchanted maze weekend before but it didn't really seem that great at the end of the day especially since i have plenty of tier 6 mats finally. There isn't any enhancement mats in there right?

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Well, the new story content was good for a couple thousand lapis and some nice gear upgrades for me.

The final veritas fight caught me off guard. I was farming the XP for some lower units and getting carried by a friend unit. Actually put together a proper team to get all the missions on the 2nd try.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
New trial came out on JP today. This one is a complete DPS race, if you go past 7 turns you wipe. Got him first try with all achievements, and it was the first time I'd ever brought a FD FV companion to serious content.

Long story short, during round 2, this FV chunked off right around HALF of the hp bar off in a single hit. On a boss that has 80m hps. DAFUQ!?!?!?!?!

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I don't play JP, but comments from reddit say the latest JP trial was a big step down in difficulty from the last few. Sounds like the JP population is dropping because of the constant power creep, which is very punishing to newer players. Recent changes, like the large boost to rainbow rates in JP are supposed to try to help with that problem. They're also putting out a bunch of content designed for newer players.

Wonder how long until the new rainbow droprates make it to global. The producer interview said the new JP rainbow rate is 3% (up from 1%), and they're discussing increasing it even higher.

Of course, that could also mean 7* units are on the horizon.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Robo is a masterpiece of terrible design, Moon is even worse, and Articuno was designed by an intern.

I wouldn't say Moose is easier, it's just very straight forward. Do you have enough DPS? Ok, you win. Otherwise gtfo until you pull more.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I don't play JP, but comments from reddit say the latest JP trial was a big step down in difficulty from the last few. Sounds like the JP population is dropping because of the constant power creep, which is very punishing to newer players. Recent changes, like the large boost to rainbow rates in JP are supposed to try to help with that problem. They're also putting out a bunch of content designed for newer players.

Wonder how long until the new rainbow droprates make it to global. The producer interview said the new JP rainbow rate is 3% (up from 1%), and they're discussing increasing it even higher.

Of course, that could also mean 7* units are on the horizon.
Alim was fucking terrible with power creep in BF (6*, 7*, 8* units...), but Gumi was even worse. I keep waiting for them to fuck up and introduce proper mitigation again on a single unit.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
any insights to the next events and what is needed? i've started doing more defensive TMRs, cecil is over 10k hps now lol. working on more hp% items for support characters. i have a few fire/water/light&dark resist items i can work on next, but not sure which is more needed.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
LOL. I was going to ask the same thing. No holiday coming up so no GL exclusive event. Could be the first story event, a one-shot challenge, or another raid. Definitely not another Mog King grind. Since we are wrapping up FFVI i wonder if we are going to get our GL exclusive *6 awakening.

Vinen

God is dead
Thoughts are Aileen Exploration then another MK. Either Type 0 or Tilith Banner #2 (since nobody gives a shit about Vargas)

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I don't even know which new unit I'm hype for anymore. Chances are I'll be mostly saving until the anniversary banners next month.