Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ok sorry forgot, she is up now. Only 870 mag since I haven't spent time on L&A yet and still need to finish needle too (I thought I had a fucking week more on the egg shit so was busy and didn't do much, fuck!).

Vinen

God is dead
My Setzer are heavily geared right now with my 2 Genji so my TTerra that is up is just shy of 1K MAG. Once I get pots tomorrow she will be back above 1K.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I haven't been too impressed with trance terra. I've used a few completely BIS trance terra friends, and even with 1150 or so magic, her dualcasted ultima barely knocks off 40% of the event bosses life. I haven't really bothered with her self buff and comboed chaos wave, because then you're spending 2 turns to deal a normalized 7.2x damage (aka 3.6x per turn), while dualcasted ultima deals 7.46x every round.

Does she require extreme chaining to be viable, or is it just the usual "mages suck" problem? There's been a lot of hype about her being the ultimate mage and I just don't see it.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Figured as much. It seems like global has tried to fix the mage problem in minor ways, like adding a bunch of global exclusive magic equipment, but they're still second class citizens.

One day, maybe, we can make a good mage team...

Comparing two different games isn't fair, but Record Keeper really handles it well. I have a good mage and a good physical team, and both are about equally viable, with pro's and con's to both.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Mages wouldn't be so far behind if Orlandu hadn't buttfucked the game balance so hard. And nothing will change because Alim insists that mages are fine as is.

They even designed a physical immune trial that punishes you for using black magic. Alim is every bit as retarded as Gumi is, maybe even more so.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
Oh man. I just got ROFLstomped by a single, near-death Setzer. Cursed Card then Gamble Attack for a lot of hits to finish me off. Ouch.

edit. Did we lose @a_skeleton_03 ? Been a while.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I must have been lucky on Nelapa's the first few days, but past two days have been terrible for farming. I finished up what I wanted though, so I can go back to TM's now. Bought all the T6 mats, tickets, cheap quartz, and 1 power purecryst. I'm going to buy the cactuars with the 10k fish we get from the Kefka boss on Thursday.

I plan to run Cecil, Refia, Ling, Garnet, Noctis x2 for Kefka. Garnet for the mission, and 2x Noctis with Darkness weapons to hopefully kill him with limit bursts during a dark weakness phase. Should be able to get all the missions, hopefully.

The only thing I'm unsure about is skipping the tabby suit. It's a small upgrade over what I have for light armor users, but I'm not sure it's worth the time to farm it, as well as the extra clutter it adds to my equipment list. Any compelling argument about why I should spend an extra day farming for it?

Vinen

God is dead
I'm nearly up to 100 of each 6* Awakening Material and I've purchased 3 of the Tier 5 mats for Enhancements. Prob going to get 1 or 2 more of the Enhancement stones and call it.

Tiphares

Golden Squire
I've managed to farm up everything I wanted so far, except the Purecrysts. I would like to get a Power and Support since they seem to be what I will need the most of for the units I have. I really like Setzer and his versatility. I'm really tempted to pull more to get a 2nd one for chaining since I do not have anyone else that will chain perfectly with him. I guess I don't NEED another one. Must resist.

I have no idea what party comp and gear to use for the Psycho Clown fight. I will probably wait a day or two and see what works best for you all.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Quick quesion on OTK teams

So i have for my core
BiS Olive
BiS Orlandu
BiS 2nd Orlandu less brave suite but use leon's TM and demon mail

So set for the core, but i'm wondering what the true maximum damage setup is IF you have all the TM's you need is for the remaining 2+1 slots

Will you get more bang out of your slots with
- + attack buffer (arriana at this point, enhanced Rama soon hopefully)
- - Def debuffer (2nd Olive with scatter shot)
- friend Orlandu for 3rd chainer

OR

Am i better working on my 3rd near BiS Orlandu and then use 2nd olive still for def debuff or get a 5th damage dealer in there (can get near BiS 2nd Olive minus brave suit).

Haven't tried ingame but seems ~ 140 attack or so for each person from arriana might not be better then a 3rd Orlandu whose hits will all be 4 X damage due to ele chain ?

fris

Vyemm Raider
The formula for physical damage:

(Unit ATK^2 / Enemy DEF) * Physical Killer Effects * Skill Modifier * Level Correction
  • Unit ATK is calculated after buffs, see above.
  • Enemy DEF is calculated after a debuff and ignore defense skill - Enemy Base DEF * (100% - Break %) * (100% - Ignore Defense %)

attack squared, this is why 1000 attack characters do so much more than 800 attack. if you're 5th unit doesn't have that high of an attack, it might not offset the increase your 1 main guy does w/ a buff. this is why we need a target dummy, i don't want to figure out this math for each encounter.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Thanks, since most enemies native def is so high, i can see the -50% def debuff being potentially worth the slot if we are talking 1000 type def or something. But the attack buff vs another near BiS Orlandu whose entire chain is X 4 from elmental chain seems like that would generate more damage. Then again that extra 140 or whatever attack from the buff on the finisher like Olive might do it. WTB dummy indeed

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yeah but how often does Def break actually work on relevant bosses? Dark Siren is the only one I can think of.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Kefka was somewhat of a letdown. Very easy ultimate boss. Went with Snow, Garnet, Refia, Ling, Noctis, friend CoD.

Snow gave massive LB crystals from counters, and Garnet made the mission for espers trivial. Then it was just a matter of waiting until weakness to dark, then I tossed a few Void Vessels (which take about ~20% of the bosses life per vessel when he's dark weak) and used a Noctis limit break for the finisher (with deathbringer for darkness damage). Easy all missions complete.

Video of my kill: The Psycho Clown

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Calls boss a letdown. Uses limited item from an event that most players won't have to trivialize fight.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Calls boss a letdown. Uses limited item from an event that most players won't have to trivialize fight.

Void vessels made the fight faster for sure, but Noctis LB (without bothering to Def break or buff his ATK first) did about 40% of the bosses health in one use (no chains). Kefka's damage is relatively tame outside of his threshold attacks, and with Ling the fight could have gone on infinitely.

The void vessels just saved some time, but were for sure not key to victory.