Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'd say it's a little of both.... he's probably legitimately frustrated/tired with WoW and that speaks to a lot of people right now. I think people also get tired of griping over the same crap especially from a viewers point of view. There's only so many times I'm going to watch someone complain about the same crap that I'm already complaining about. This is probably his way to stick it to Blizzard for a bit in addition to changing things up for his viewer base. Not to mention, it's probably a nice change of pace for him. I think at the very longest, he'll do this through FF's expansion and maybe longer but there's no doubt he'll eventually go through the WoW raid and definitely play through the end of the storyline next tier.

FF is a great game. I think it's aging much better than WoW but WoW is a massive game with a lot of perspectives. I'm not really enjoying myself either but I'm going to hold my criticism until I at least try the raid and dungeons but I may very well end up going back to FF14 myself just to enjoy playing something if it comes to that but we'll see. I think this is good for Blizzard to feel pressure and stunt or not, it certainly won't hurt them to sweat a little.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goonsquad Officer
If both ff and blizzard are smart they will watch asmond like a hawk and iron out stupid shit. Ff with its early game and ease of stalker fuckery, blizzard with "why is our biggest dtreamer playing our competitor"

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
FF just did a revamp on the ARR grind in the current xpac. Not sure how much it changed, as I haven't made any new toons in that time, but they did try.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I'd say it's a little of both.... he's probably legitimately frustrated/tired with WoW and that speaks to a lot of people right now.
What hit him probably the hardest was the episode of AllCraft with Zepla. He probably thought that she, as an WoW "refugee" herself, would try to sell him FFXIV as much as possible, but instead she felt sorry for both the current state of WoW and his frustrations with it. Then she told him that she basically no-lifed up to WoD, and that she left because of the same frustrations. But instead of cursing at WoW, she wants WoW to be better for the people still playing and enjoying the game.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I dunno. I've played MMOs my whole life and I f eel asmodgold is stupid fucking late to the meta game. I already have max WoW BfA, all content done in ESO, max level ready for endwalkfer FF14. New world purchased, Friends and family ashes of creation. What a bitch, get a on a poop sockers level man. Wherew the fuck has this little bitch soy boy been?

If asmongold had an actual foot in the industry he would be a head of the curve, but he's not. He's a simp(ple) WoW player who does his daily thing, who happens to be under a 1.4mil microscope. that's fucking it. It was a joke watching him. I'vew done ARR twice, lwtf asmongold, where the fuck have you been? stuck up blizzard's dry asshole this hole time?

fuck off man. So sad to watch.
What? I've played MMORPG's my whole life too, and I've tried most of them. I still only recently tried ESO for the first time a couple years ago and am just now trying FF14. I've played at least a dozen MMORPG's for longer than a month since I started playing. I'd say I've plated quite a lot of them. People move at different paces.

Your post must be sarcasm or meme or something, it's so aggressive and ... weird.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
If both ff and blizzard are smart they will watch asmond like a hawk and iron out stupid shit. Ff with its early game and ease of stalker fuckery, blizzard with "why is our biggest dtreamer playing our competitor"
Yeah, in an ideal world. Too bad that won't happen, even with a dev team as respected as the FF14 crew. These developers live in their own worlds. I say this as someone with personal experience from a best friend that works in the industry. He actually works at Square Enix as of about 2 years ago (and before that other big studios, before that Lionhood/Fable, and he was making the Fable MMO that got cancelled). Even though he works with the English team and has nothing to do with FF14, these guys are all the same, I've met a lot of them, they live in their own world and unfortunately they don't hire nerds like us whose job would be specifically to do shit like that. They don't watch twitch, they have no idea who these streamers are, or what the average gamer is saying, or what the culture is. They program all day and then party on the weekends or go home to their family and that's pretty much it.

Last edited:

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
FF just did a revamp on the ARR grind in the current xpac. Not sure how much it changed, as I haven't made any new toons in that time, but they did try.

They didn't do enough and it's still a slog. I think they removed like 25 quests that were frivolous back and forths. But They almost need to re-reborn it to match the flow of the expansions. Once you start hitting the end of the 2.0 patches / pre-HW quests you can feel the production quality skyrocket.

• 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What hit him probably the hardest was the episode of AllCraft with Zepla. He probably thought that she, as an WoW "refugee" herself, would try to sell him FFXIV as much as possible, but instead she felt sorry for both the current state of WoW and his frustrations with it. Then she told him that she basically no-lifed up to WoD, and that she left because of the same frustrations. But instead of cursing at WoW, she wants WoW to be better for the people still playing and enjoying the game.

Pretty sure it can be summed up as this

1) He does actually want to play FFXIV (both to have something new to do and probably to see how it compares and what WoW could take from it)
2) He hopes that by playing FFXIV and bringing a lot more attention to the current state of WoW, Blizzard actually does something about it
3) He gets money

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
They didn't do enough and it's still a slog. I think they removed like 25 quests that were frivolous back and forths. But They almost need to re-reborn it to match the flow of the expansions. Once you start hitting the end of the 2.0 patches / pre-HW quests you can feel the production quality skyrocket.
I just ran it in two days, it’s an absolute ass chafing grind, running around with your dick in your hand getting 4K exp every time you speak to a cunt. Couldn’t imagine doing this slower and it taking a few weeks

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think anyone expected the stalker crew to be to THAT level yesterday when he played. People probably joked about it and "lol hope he doesn't come to our server and break it"...then it literally happened. Our hunt linkshell was joking about "please don't pick gilg" when he mentioned it sounded cool. Then we started hearing stuff from Cact people in the discord that they couldn't even get back to their server.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't think anyone expected the stalker crew to be to THAT level yesterday when he played. People probably joked about it and "lol hope he doesn't come to our server and break it"...then it literally happened. Our hunt linkshell was joking about "please don't pick gilg" when he mentioned it sounded cool. Then we started hearing stuff from Cact people in the discord that they couldn't even get back to their server.
I literally logged in to Gilgamesh with a 10 second queue, switched to Cactuar and found him in the game with no trouble with 100 people around him.

Maybe it was crazier at the start but didn't seem like a problem by the time he was lv15.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I literally logged in to Gilgamesh with a 10 second queue, switched to Cactuar and found him in the game with no trouble with 100 people around him.

Maybe it was crazier at the start but didn't seem like a problem by the time he was lv15.

Yeah at the start he couldn't even get out of the little elevator mini zone in Limsa b/c it was congested every time he tried to leave. Same thing trying to zone back into the city the first time, took multiple tries for him due to congestion. I'm sure by 15 a lot of the crowd died down.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
ok this is driving me insane. Is there a way to have other players' level be shown text to their name? When you target the player it's shown in the target window and it's seriously irritating not to have it shown just above their charater

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am on gilg logging in and potatoing like once a month. No fucking idea what I am doing.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Anyone on Gilgamesh able to take me under their wing? I haven't played since the initial month of release and have no idea what I should be doing.

Your're still in my friends list from I assume the ISIS days, lol. Ask away or hit me up, or get an invite the cwls.
Bowlocke Valeroy is the char name. I'm on relatively less now, in the lul before the expac. Just grinding away at some relics and leveling alt jobs.

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Your're still in my friends list from I assume the ISIS days, lol. Ask away or hit me up, or get an invite the cwls.
Bowlocke Valeroy is the char name. I'm on relatively less now, in the lul before the expac. Just grinding away at some relics and leveling alt jobs.

Seems I can put in a recruitment code before I start. Is that going to help anyone here?